SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Badride's RZR S project

Go down 
+17
Foxfire
roamerr
AIRBORNE
cajuncoot
nocerisdave
Bigg Bubba
Smith700
Sporto
ChrisC
moto92
mason
wvyankee2
ridepate
GunRunner
Mud-and-Guts
Big-R
Badride
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

looking good bro,
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:30 pm

I have posted every thing I am taking off in the for sale section.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:10 am

Badride wrote:
I have posted every thing I am taking off in the for sale section.

Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 13435 A guy could just about build an "S" with all of your take off parts Exclamation Exclamation Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 13435
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:30 pm

http://www.sidebysidesports.com/20rzrztrm7vs.html
oh my goodness,dont lett ole badride see this,this will be a next mod! affraid
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:55 pm

smith700 wrote:
http://www.sidebysidesports.com/20rzrztrm7vs.html
oh my goodness,dont lett ole badride see this,this will be a next mod! affraid

That was pretty cool.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Big-R wrote:
What does the Girl friend think about having her buggy down for that long? roflmao ownedsm

Nothing, it wouldn't do here anygood.
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 10:49 am

Put the rest of the braces on the front end last night. This is the front one that goes under the radiator for the bumper.

Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02029

This one shows the one that goes over the front differential. If you have a winch you probably don't need this one. I however am mounting my winch on the front bumper. I don't want to have to reach down in the muck to let it free wheel. You can also see the X brace welded in place just behind it.

Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02030

And this one shows another brace that will attach close to the end of the front bumper. From what I expect, this will also come in handy when I have to use the bumper to push Rhinos out of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02031
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:01 am

Good looking work!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:07 am

I am replacing the plastic cage in the front diff tonight with the aluminum one. I will make plenty of pics so if someone else plans to do this upgrade they will have a heads up.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:24 am

That's gonna be a $25K Rzr when you are done.... Not much left stock.
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:06 pm

It will probably end up like my 89 Harley, nothing left that came on it except for the oil tank and for some reason the mirrors that hasn't been replaced or changed.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 CHOPPERCLOSELEFT

Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 CHOPPER1
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Wow Bad, I can't wait to see it back together. Good Job so far!!!
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:40 pm

looking great
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 7:56 am

Well, I am sorry but I forgot my camera at work yesterday and I needed it worse last night than anytime during this build. I replaced the sprague in the front differential. But for what it's worth, here is how it went and a few tips to help you if and when you decide to do this. First of all just let me say, ONLY BUY THE SPRAGUE THAT COMES WITH THE H CLIPS AND BEARINGS INSTALLED WITH THE PLASTIC RING. THIS RING WILL AID GREATLY WITH THE PROCESS. I didn't do this and found out quickly that I should have. Don't make the same mistake I did.

After removing the front A-arms I would suggest removing the axles while the diff is still bolted down. Just give them a good jerk and they will come out. Mine didn't come out very easy. Even though it only had about 400 miles on it, they were VERY rusty. Unplug the wires coming out of the diff. Then drive the roll pin out of the U-joint. Then remove the 4 bolts from the bottom that hold the diff in place and slide the diff forward while pulling the U-joint off.

Last edited by Badride on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:18 am

Once the diff is out, remove the drain plug and let the oil out. Lay it on it’s side and remove the bolts in the cover. Remove cover, black ring and the little piece that looks like a small brake pad. Remove the piece that holds the axle, then the old Sprague will come out. BEWARE, THE BEARINGS WILL FLY ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!
Insert the new Sprague with bearings, replace the piece that holds the axle and the black ring. Clean the little pad with brake cleaner. Clean the inside of the cover where there is a boss with a dowel pin in the middle of it. Put some grease on the back side of the little pad and place it on the cover where the dowel is. It will only fit one way. Carefully reinstall cover making sure it goes down the same all the way around. Tighten bolts, clean and replace drain plug, fill with oil and replace.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Any update on the turbo-build?
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:45 am

A little, my mom had a stoke and I have been really tied up lately. Thank God she is doing well but she is really weak. I got a friend to clear a few acres of land part of which removed some fence that I had to replace. I have worked on the S as I have had time.

I got the billet motor mounts on, aluminum gas tank cover/skid plate on, lower radiator support on, power steering mounted but not wired yet, billet front diff pinion support on, turbo mounted, exhaust pipes wrapped, painted and installed, 3rd injector body mounted, and the billet intake manifold on. I also got my billet front hubs and put the rotors on them. My Racer Tech a-arms should be here this week and I hope to get them and the delrin bushings put on. Aerocharger is coming out with a water cooled intercooler for their turbos. I am hoping that I can wait so I can trade my un-mounted air cooled system in on one. They said they hoped to have them available in the next few weeks. It has been so hectic around here I have no idea where my camera went to, but I will try to find it so I can get some more pictures.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 am

Wow Bad....glad to here Mom is doing ok Exclamation Steady as she goes Exclamation
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Ditto
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Sorry to hear about your mom, roger, keep us posted
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:17 am

Mom is doing better so I have had a little time to work.

Here is one of the braces for the front end.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02038

This one barley shows the front pinion bearing support.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02037

Got the turbo put on.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02035

Got the header wrapped and installed. This also shows the aftermarket lower radiator support. The stock one is REALLY WEAK!!!!!!!!
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02034

Second regulator mounted.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02032
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02029-2

Still waiting on the Racer Tech a-arms, Aerocharger water cooled intercooler and the Superior Tool billet clutch. They all say that I should get everything by the second week of Feburary or before. Good news is that Aerocharger says I can put the front plastic and roll cage back on so at least it will start to look like something again!!!
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:22 am

Here is a better picture that shows the stock and aftermarket lower radiator/bumber support.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02030
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:24 am

By adding this upper bumper support and the lower I feel certain I will be ok now. Oh, I haven't put in the piece that goes to the bumper yet, but you can see close to the end of the bend where it will go.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 DSC02031
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Keep um comin!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Nice project. perfect10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Badride's RZR S project
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next