SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painting my Rhino?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Painting my Rhino? Empty
PostSubject: Painting my Rhino?   Painting my Rhino? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:53 pm

I am thinking about changing the color on my Rhino. I called a friend who has a autobody shop an who has fixed several cars for me in the past. Anyway he wanted $400 to paint it. Me taking the body off and taking it to himy. Is this a good price? I thought it sounded high but I do not do that kind of work and did not know. The Rhino has been painted in the past before it was mine. The paint is only scratched not chipping or anything. I told him it had been painted before and he said he needed to see it to see if it would be more that $400. I have not called anyone else to get a price just him. Like I said I thought it sounded a little high.

Tim
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Painting my Rhino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting my Rhino?   Painting my Rhino? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Tim,

I checked on this all over Richmond to paint it and got prices from $1200 down to the cheapest $500.

For the time and hassle, almost easier to get new plactic from yamaha or maier, those range from $400-800.

I found basically there is no cheap way to change the color.

M
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Painting my Rhino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting my Rhino?   Painting my Rhino? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks Mark I had not checked anyone else. So I guess the $400 was not to high. I had been looking at maier but was hoping to save some $$ but guess not.
Who welded your harness bar on? I had a bolt on one but was thinking about getting it welded on.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Painting my Rhino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting my Rhino?   Painting my Rhino? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:30 pm

yep get the maier replacements,they offer alot of color choices.oh and also check out Fullbore Plastics as well
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Painting my Rhino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting my Rhino?   Painting my Rhino? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Tim,

If he does a good job then that sounds like a great price. I know that the paint alone is very expensive. I probably have $200 to $300 worth of paint on my rhino.

Maybe WV Rhino will chime in. But it sounds like a good price to me.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Painting my Rhino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting my Rhino?   Painting my Rhino? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 pm

Like Big-R said it depends on the paint he uses. I have a good friend who owns his own body shop and his Primer is well over $200 per gallon and that is cheap compared to the paint he uses.

I have looked into possibly painting mine also but I am still undecided.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Sponsored content

Painting my Rhino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting my Rhino?   Painting my Rhino? Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting my Rhino?
Page 1 of 1