SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit. Empty
PostSubject: Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.   Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit. EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Back when I thought I had to have big tires on my 4 X 4 truck to go anywhere, I learned that the taller one goes, the more it throws off your speedometer, odometer. If a guy has 25 inch stock tires and goes to 27's or something like that, does it effect the digital unit accuracy? I'm staying with 25's to prevent power loss but was just wondering about this. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.   Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit. EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes, you will read a couple MPH slower than actual if you go to a 27" tire.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.   Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit. EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:12 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Yes, you will read a couple MPH slower than actual if you go to a 27" tire.

x2

Most likely if you are reading 42 on the dash with 25's if you go 27's you may only read 39-40 but actually be running the same 42 top speed due to the gearing change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.   Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit. EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 2:41 am

Well I found that 27inch tires brought my speeometer closer to right. I have GPS on my Rhino and has speed on it which if very accurate. My speedometer was off by about 4 mph before, with 27inch bighorns is is 1 mph off. go figure...
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.   Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit. EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 9:47 am

misterp wrote:
Well I found that 27inch tires brought my speeometer closer to right. I have GPS on my Rhino and has speed on it which if very accurate. My speedometer was off by about 4 mph before, with 27inch bighorns is is 1 mph off. go figure...

roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.   Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit. EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:48 pm

misterp mine did the same thing 27" made speedo on dash more accurate to my gps, yammy must have known we all go to big man tires!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.   Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit. Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for guys with Digi Dash Unit.
Page 1 of 1