SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for you guys with pressure washers!

Go down 
+4
wvyankee2
moto92
GunRunner
Woodtick
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Question for you guys with pressure washers! Empty
PostSubject: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 8:56 am

After a muddy ride and it's time to clean the buggy up, I lift the hood, and the bed and blast all the mud in sight. Then hand wash every thing I can reach. Then rinse, dry as best I can, then spray EVERYTHING with WD-40. Question is, do any of you guys take the seats out and the motor cover off and blast that area also? Thanks for your time and any help.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 9:32 am

i do.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:25 am

dont use high pressure on the motor. i get what needs done and then just disconnect and wash with the hose. thats also when i like to "flood" the inside of the skidplates and get all that out.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:37 am

Just the regular hose on the Motor. And I dont use WD-40. Learned my lesson on that from my Jeep days. Eventually gets gunky and nasty and gets all over you when you have to work on it.

Last edited by wvyankee2 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:34 pm

I presure wash about everything. strip it down and
go to town. just dont presure wash the radiator.
it will bend the fins.... Eat
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:28 pm

I just use the regular hose on everything use soap eh about every 5th ride maybe but I 'flood' it when rinsing it off in the inportamnt areas body is still dirty usually
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:04 am

I PW everything, blow-it Laughing dry with the air-hose, then soak it down with Turtle-Wax F-21, wipe her down, aghhh, that new-Rhino smell...........
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 am

Ya , like em pretty clean my self.
i dont mind getting dirty. but when
it gets home. it gets a real bath.
stripped down wheels off.
400 miles in mud and water, my motors
still looks new.... allright
Back to top Go down
RHINO DIRECT

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:24 am

I pressure was everything - I have a pressure washer that does not go over 1800 psi, I have different nozzles that i use from 15 degrees to 65 degrees that I use based on what I'm washing. When I'm done I spray the under side of everything with Pam cooking spray - The mud comes off easy. This is what I do and it works for me !
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:44 am

Pressure wash all of it, wd-40 all of it. Your good as long as you cover your air filter box and keep it dry.

M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys with pressure washers!   Question for you guys with pressure washers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for you guys with pressure washers!
Page 1 of 1