SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Toy Hauling Train

Go down 
+14
tim
Mollieandgil
Sporto
Foxfire
highlander
S
ridepate
Smith700
Big-R
Hollon
wvyankee2
stealth
AIRBORNE
Gimpy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

My Toy Hauling Train Empty
PostSubject: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:40 pm

This is what I have to take to Windrock. We tested it for about an hours drive yesterday. I did not feel real comfortable, but it will have to do for this trip. Got a wireless camera to see if the hitch fails on the rear of the 5th wheel. It'll be to late by the time we see it though. I tried, with no success, to get a trade in price on our 3 year old 5th wheel, on a new 30 foot Work & Play by Forest River. The local dealer is kind of a one man operation on the sales end. His dad has had a stroke, so he is slower than ever. Maybe we will work something out by the next trip.

My Toy Hauling Train Dsc00928iq

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:42 pm

You got more guts than I do. I could not drive that without being nervous.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Cop Cop affraid
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Bet backing up is fun. roflmao
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:01 pm

more SAC than me, id make two trips...lol
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:15 pm

How many guys are going to the ride from Louisville? The RZR can't hitch a ride with someone else????
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Ya....I was gonna say....see if anyone else would haul your S on their trailer.....
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:45 pm

As long as the weeble-wobbles don't happen, I think it will haul. Comfortable?? No, but I've hauled way more sketchy stuff than that......Right Yank??? roflmao
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:47 pm

ridepate wrote:
As long as the weeble-wobbles don't happen, I think it will haul. Comfortable?? No, but I've hauled way more sketchy stuff than that......Right Yank??? roflmao

Yeah, I can back you up on that!!!!!

My Toy Hauling Train 014jtb

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:53 pm

why don't you get your buddy Ronnie to haul your RZRS down here.....since he is such a nice fellow and loves to help out his fellow Louisvillilians... lol! lol! roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:58 pm

smith700 wrote:
why don't you get your buddy Ronnie to haul your RZRS down here.....since he is such a nice fellow and loves to help out his fellow Louisvillilians... lol! lol! roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

I'm leaving Thursday morning. His trailer can only hold one RZR. The mountains will be the biggest task, besides not putting it in situation to have to back up. Still working on a Toy Hauler trade. That won't happen until I get back.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Gimp you should be ok, till you get up to 100 MPH My Toy Hauling Train 729242
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:54 pm

gettin up to 100 not too bad, slowin down from 100 now theres where the fun begins, on about 3% grade....... better wake up Earl. If I see ya on the trail going down there I'll be sure to give ya plenty room just in case, lol
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Hey Les, I can take the tool box out of the truck and I bet we can get the RZR to fit. Unless you know someone with a 28 foot+ trailer.
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:50 pm

HEy you can get a RZR in a long bed. You should only need a 20 triler for 2 rzrs
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Earl dropped his Cigar......
Gimpy..... so long as you load everything correctly you'll have NO problem.....the wiggles usually happen between 40 and 50......just make sure that you have some tongue weight. With out it ya get wiggles Exclamation affraid
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:10 pm

highlander wrote:
HEy you can get a RZR in a long bed. You should only need a 20 triler for 2 rzrs

Shane and I are riding together. Therefore, I will have two machines on the trailer already. So I would need 30 footer to get three.
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:18 am

Gimpy, you shouldn't have any problems with that set up. We pull doubles like that in the past with four wheelers, motorcycles and never had any problems. Should be ok with your setup. It is pretty much like ours except we have a Wildcat.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:07 pm

If anything happens, I have good insurance. We are commited to do it.
Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

I haul like that regularly. But, I tow with an F350 dually diesel, a 29ft Jayco fifth wheel camper, and a 20ft triple toon pontoon boat going to Cumberland, or a 16ft utility trailer with the rhino on it when we go to Brimstone. Getting over Jellico is not a problem at all. I wouldn't do it with anything less than a 1 ton, but that's just me.

Properly working brakes are a must on all brake axles! My boat trailer and the 16ft utility that I tow behind the camper each have surge brakes. The fifth wheel camper has electric brakes.

I've never had a problem towing in this manner. Stopping is relatively easy, and cruising on the interstate @ 70mph is effortless. I've taken the entire setup through downtown and around city corners. It tracks great, nothing to it, really.

You'll get some looks, and your picture will probably get taken a few times.

I even had a Ky State Trooper turn around on US 25 once and follow me for about 5 miles. Then he did another U-turn and went the other direction. I guess he was checking to see if I was creating a dangerous situation, holding up traffic, or something. He just went on his way and didn't pull me over.

Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Gil
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:23 pm

I think you will be fine. I was crazzy I had a Jeep wrangler and would pull a popup camper and a 5x8 trailer with a golf cart on it. It would track great but stopping took a few extra feet. I know your camper is a lot bigger but the Jeep was a lot smaller and lighter than your truck.
An like Mollieandgil said I see people pulling there pontoons behind there campers all the time. I think your trailer would pull better than a pontoon would.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Lduke_01
SSXSRider Member
Lduke_01

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:09 am

yeah dude thats some sack thatsright
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:48 am

It did ok. I did not like to do it. Looked at more haulers yesterday. Haven't made up my mind on what to get.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
SSXSRider Member
MarkM

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:27 am

Gimpy wrote:
It did ok. I did not like to do it. Looked at more haulers yesterday. Haven't made up my mind on what to get.

Keystone Fuzion
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Forest River Work & Play......with the flames on the side! ownedsm
But seroiusly, you will love it.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Hauling Train   My Toy Hauling Train Empty

Back to top Go down

My Toy Hauling Train
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next