SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should have stayed home

Go down 
+6
2Slow4U
wvyankee2
The Big Show
AIRBORNE
Mud-and-Guts
nocerisdave
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Should have stayed home Empty
PostSubject: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Buried the S sucked water into the motor. Walked out around 11:00pm Try again at 7 this morning. Went and picked up the Rhino to pull it and another guys out, after he buried his trying to pull mine out. got his out and then pulled out the S. pulled the S through some stuff a lot of folks wouldnt go through with out pulling another sxs. The belt on the rhino is just about done. Sooooo we get to a rutted out hill.....and ole faithful just cant do it. So I proceed to roll the Rhino twice back to back. Finally go the Rhino out and went to get the truck. Pulled the S up the hill. Hooked up to the S again and the rope comes loose and it rolls down a hill before doing two rolls of its own. Damn thats a helpless feeling just having to watch it roll. Finally got it back around 12. Needless to say this ride sucked. No pics wish I would have taken some now....but in the heat of the moment it was the last thing on my mind.

So who has drained the water from the engine.....and how do I do it to make sure I have all the water out?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:21 pm

Man that does suck... Hope it didn't hurt it to bad!!

I have been with many sunk ATV's and normally they just change the oil run the bike for a minute then change the oil again several more times till all the milking looking oil is gone and hope for the best..

I seen one guy sink a honda we pulled him out and when he removed the fill plug on the motor it looked like a water fountain with water shooting out... Fired right up and he drove it home... I haven't seen it or him since....lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Damn dude, I thought I had a hard luck weekend. Sorry to hear about your S. MNG is right......keep changing the oil till it comes out clean. Replace the plugs and oil filter....probably the air filter too. Let us know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
The Big Show

The Big Show

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:27 pm

Damn Dude I hate to hear that. I hope you have
insurance.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:22 pm

Dave, pull both spark plugs and crank the motor until no more water comes out the plug holes. Remove airbox and intake piping and dry out. Need to make sure exhaust is drained out also. Then flush motor out with several Oil changes. Do not crank that motor without removing the plugs first!
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:27 pm

Damn Dave, I wouldn't have wished that kind of luck on even a Bammer... poo

Man, I hope you didn'd cause any internal problems in the engine. How did the cage and plastics hold up from rolling -- on BOTH of them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:43 pm

Yeah Dave....what happened to the S and the 660-damage wise?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:50 pm

KentT wrote:
Damn Dave, I wouldn't have wished that kind of luck on even a Bammer... poo

Man, I hope you didn'd cause any internal problems in the engine. How did the cage and plastics hold up from rolling -- on BOTH of them?

Cage and plastics held up with only some minor damage to the plastics on the S. My windshield on the S was a casualty.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:51 pm

Yank wrote:
Dave, pull both spark plugs and crank the motor until no more water comes out the plug holes. Remove airbox and intake piping and dry out. Need to make sure exhaust is drained out also. Then flush motor out with several Oil changes. Do not crank that motor without removing the plugs first!

Thanks Yank. Never had water in a four stoke.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 am

I don't even know what to say. Now that is a bad day. I hope everything works out Dave.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:57 am

Holy crap what a day you had, note to self....dont follow Dave!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Yank wrote:

X2 ....replace air filter....do ya think ya got it in sooooo deep that water got in fuel system? Would be about the only other thing I can think of right now Dave. Bout 2 oil changes with like 10 minutes of running will have her all cleaned out.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Foxfire wrote:
Yank wrote:

X2 ....replace air filter....do ya think ya got it in sooooo deep that water got in fuel system? Would be about the only other thing I can think of right now Dave. Bout 2 oil changes with like 10 minutes of running will have her all cleaned out.

FF, I would say it did make it into the fuel system, and shut down imediatly. Got the oil changed but cant start it.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:27 pm

If it was deeper than the vent tube for your gas tank that goes in the rollbar. You may have water in the gas tank. Syphon some out from the bottom of the tank and see.

Dont forget your diff vents also. May have water in the diffs. I would blow the vent hoses out too.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 am

Finally got it running tonight. Not sure what the problem was.....other than be submerged in a creek for 10 hours. I went through the electrical a couple of times...I guess drying time did it. I still need to change the oil and filter again. There was about 2-3 ounces of water in the motor, two cups in the exhaust, and 330 gallons in the belt housing. When it finally fired up it all came out the breather for the housing like a tidal wave, scared the shit out of me. I changed all the fluids. The trans fluid had 2-3 ounces of water the diffs had none.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 am

Glad you got it goin Dave. With a little TLC it will be just like new.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 am

beat peppers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should have stayed home   Should have stayed home Empty

Back to top Go down

Should have stayed home
Page 1 of 1