SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino dead

Go down 
+25
nitefab
DOG
GunRunner
Sporto
jasonch
bush
Rhino X 2
Foxfire
Craig_C
Mud-and-Guts
roadiestar
Clayboy
WV Hot Rod Rhino
nocerisdave
wvyankee2
ridepate
2fast4u
S
Smith700
aweisgarber
AIRBORNE
Goose
Big-R
Rhino Rob
MuddyBuddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Rhino dead - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:44 pm

smith700 wrote:
Actually Dave, Thats 42HP at the crank. The 700 Rhino only makes 25.3HP at the rear wheels. As in my set-up, with a Stroker crank, Big-Bore jug, Piston,Cam,Head work, Valves, Weller's Injector, White Knuckle TB, Muzzy's, you can have 60RWHP easily.
You can run a bed delete, that will reduce around 90lbs, then take sway-bar off that weighs nearly 20lbs, then bed struts-3lbs, then lighter tires, I have tried many clutch set-ups, the best one that worked for me, and WV Hot Rod Rhino, was 16gr OD weights with a stock secondary sheave spring, with a milled sheave.
Run 2+5 Offset's, and you are back to 61" wide.....same as an S.

I doubt you are getting 60 HP to the rear wheels. I think Weller Racing can build a motor that can get close to 60. It is about 5 grand for the engine.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm

No, mine does not even have 50HP. Mine is at 48.2 RWHP according to the dyno run.
I know that Stroker Crank, and the 734cc 105.5mm cylinder really helps. But I know if you JUST want a ported head from just about anywhere, it is more than $1,000. But also, part of that cost is for the labor for the job, and the dyno runs. And the 12:1 piston Weller puts in that motor requires race fuels though.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Here is where I stand now guys! Its either gonna be a 686 or 727 with hot cam and high comp piston. Im wanting to do the clutch also while the motor is sitting on a table before I drop it back in. Im gonna take my time with it and make sure everything is done perfect.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Matt, Just bring it to my house, I will build your motor, get you clutch set-up just right for what kind of riding you do, and I will jet the carb it for the build.
We will have it done one weekend. My buddy runs Axis machine shop within a mile of my house will bore your cylinder to correct diameter for the piston you buy.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:50 pm

I realize its at the crank Smith. Just comparing apples to apples. So the mods you have will turn 60 at the wheels but doesnt? Just curious.

Also, adjustable clutch is the only way to go.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 am

Corey if we build the thing and get that clutch in we might have to make a few test runs and get that clutch and jet dialed in the same day. Do you have a wide band air fuel meter?
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:04 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
I realize its at the crank Smith. Just comparing apples to apples. So the mods you have will turn 60 at the wheels but doesnt? Just curious.
No, I only have a piston,cam,head work,throttle body upgrade,injector upgrade, Muzzy's,valves. Mine makes 48.2 HP at the rear wheels. If I added a 734cc cylinder,and the Stroker Crank, Then I would be close to 60RWHP, probably 58HP.

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Corey if we build the thing and get that clutch in we might have to make a few test runs and get that clutch and jet dialed in the same day. Do you have a wide band air fuel meter?
Yes Matt, I have Innovate Wideband AFR gauge I use to tune with. I also have the sheave compression tool, so we can tune your clutch to how you like it, I have a lot of trails behind my house we can use to test it out before we put it all back together.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:38 pm

You the man!! Can you send me a link to your adjustable clutch?
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:18 pm

I am running 16gr OD weights with a Gold spring (Orange for 660). But I am taking that back off, and putting a stock spring on it.....but I would like a Bronco dry clutch.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:29 pm

The guys on RF told me the same thing just put a orange spring on it and thats all you need.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:44 pm

For trail riding, yes. For racing, it will hold you back in terms of acceleration.
Like I said, we can try out the stock spring, the gold, and the orange spring on the trails behind my house, and install the parts that you like the most.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:35 pm

alright! If all goes to plan the motor is coming out tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:12 am

Looking forward to seeing the end result!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:51 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:
The guys on RF told me the same thing just put a orange spring on it and thats all you need.

I have an orange spring if you need one!
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 am

I changed mine to an orange spring and still have stock sheave and weights and I could tell a big difference in how it reacts. I plan on a machine sheave and 16g rollers in the near future. I have also been thinking about doing an Airdam clutch mod. Just don't know which way I want to go...
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 pm

With a machined sheave, you will have roller "flop".
Sporto, If you do not have any engine mods, then I would not reccomend the 16gr. But the 18gr OD weights with a milled sheave from WV Hot Rod Rhino.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Clay I might have to buy it from you!! Ive got everything off and unhooked minus the front and rear drive shaft still tryin to fig the easiest way to get them unhooked then just the mounting bolts that are left and thats it.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 am

Me and hellonwheels got er torn down all except the bolts to the frame were gonna take those off tomorrow and pull er and go get the new motor!! Only cost a 24 pack! im gonna go with the 686 but full port and polish and 11:1 head! with a clutch rebuild, should be fun! Might be able to keep up with ronnie, depends on whose had more to drink! Drunk2
Back to top Go down
HellOnWheels
SSXSRider Member
HellOnWheels

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:31 am

hell ya learning alot from doing all this, maybe I will be as smart as Big R one day affraid
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:37 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Me and hellonwheels got er torn down all except the bolts to the frame were gonna take those off tomorrow and pull er and go get the new motor!! Only cost a 24 pack! im gonna go with the 686 but full port and polish and 11:1 head! with a clutch rebuild, should be fun! Might be able to keep up with ronnie, depends on whose had more to drink! Drunk2

If I have drink enough I can get us to the seen of the crash very fast........... roflmao

HellOnWheels wrote:
hell ya learning alot from doing all this, maybe I will be as smart as Big R one day affraid

You are probably already smarter. I just put up a good front..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:50 am

If I have drink enough I can get us to the seen of the crash very fast........... Rhino dead - Page 11 729242

I'll vouch for that statement! Rhino dead - Page 11 971386 He'll be at the seen of the crash! But, he will take a picture first......THEN help you out of the crash. lol!
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:24 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Clay I might have to buy it from you!! Ive got everything off and unhooked minus the front and rear drive shaft still tryin to fig the easiest way to get them unhooked then just the mounting bolts that are left and thats it.

If you can use it, pm me your address and I'll send it to you. allright
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Awesome!! Well guys I believe that this thread has run its course. Something broke, we figured out what it was! I believe its time to start a new one since its no longer a fix.... its a BUILD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino dead
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11