SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My thoughts...

Go down 
+3
wvyankee2
Admin
Bad Behavior
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:08 pm

I've been debating over the past couple of days/weeks whether or not to post how i feel about everything going on with this group. Recent happenings have made my decision easy.

First:

i'd like to say that i really like these forums.... i think it could be a great group, and it could go really big. I've met some really nice people along the way... as a matter of fact, everyone i've talked to or hung out with has been really nice. cheers Even though i might not share the same views as some of those people, i still enjoy hearing what they have to say.

second:

I'd like to make a quick address to the whole 'ridepate and Z28' saga...

-I spent some time with ridepate up at windrock when we had our first group ride... I thought he was a pretty cool guy. he's not an alcoholic or a lush or a bad person... he enjoys a drink or two when he rides... I do too, occasionally. to each his own.

-I got to talk to Z28 at that same windrock ride for a bit, not really as much as i would have liked to. The guy seemed like a geniunely nice guy... he's offered to help me with misc mods since even though he doesn't know me that well. that says a lot in my book.

In short, i'm saying you shouldn't judge ridepate or Z28 on what has been posted on here about either of them. more than likely, you don't know everything that has happened between the two of them. Get to know them and then form your own opinions. IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH EACH OTHER, LET THEM WORK IT OUT IN PM'S OR EMAIL OR ON THE PHONE, IF THEY SO CHOOSE.

third:

the deleting of posts... Nick has done a lot for this group as far as bringing us together. He's put a lot of time into this forum as well. I appreciate it as i'm sure everyone else does. BUT, the deleting of posts is a bit out of hand IMO. If something is posted in the 'Supporting Members' Section... leave it be. only the supporting members will be able to read it anyway. and 9 times out of 10, the person that posted the bad/negative stuff will eventually wish they hadn't posted it(whether it be the ridicule from other members, the embarassment after they realized they posted while still alittle too pissed, etc). I can speak from experience on this one b/c i posted a somewhat negative comment towards Nick about the first deleted post a couple of months ago. I was alittle embarrassed about it, but life goes on. I also went into another thread and had to man up and admit my wrong doing. didn't want to, but i did b/c i knew it was the right thing to do. just recently, another post was deleted and then another was deleted that was supposed to explain the previous post deletion. it's kinda ridiculous/comical.

fourth:

I recently learned of an opportunity for myself that could lead to not as much time for Southern SXS as i would like. I asked the opinion of one other member on what to do about it... and i agreed with him that the board will not have as much to do as i am thinking it will... so, if voted in, i plan on doing what i can to make this group grow and get better. If i cannot allocate the time and effort i feel necessary, then i will step down.

fifth:

I sincerely hope some of the bickering goes away.

sixth:

I contemplated just riding and not fooling with trying to make this club/group grow b/c of some of the previous points, BUT... I guess you have to take the good with the bad. to quote a good friend... 'you're always going to have a couple of bad apples' .

that ends my soap box.

thanks for reading,

rebel

Disclaimer: if you don't like this post and have inappropriate remarks to make... send them to me via PM. we'll work it out. and if we don't... well... we don't.
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Good points......IMO
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:22 pm

Im sorry about the deleting of posts. Maybe I shouldnt have but I just went with my feeling bc I didnt want members to fight. Ive tried to make everyone happy as best I could. If yall dont think I should lead the group then I will step down with no hard feelings. Ive tried my best but Im man enough to say that sometimes I dont know what to do when MY FRIENDS are fighting. I just wanted everyone to get along.

But really. Ive put alot of time and work into the SouthernSXSRiders bc I'll admit. When I got hurt I lost alot of my so called friends. So I thought I could make some new ones. I wouldnt change anything but I will step down if the group thinks I should. WITH NO HARD FEELINGS. Just let me no?

-Nick
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Thanks for opening up and sharing your thoughts Wheels. :D Very good post that should get everyone thinking about what is right about this group. As I said to Nick today, As the group grows their is bound to be more personality conflicts that will have to be dealt with. These are problems that we will have to learn what is the best way to handle them. That is a very difficult task for someone who truly likes and respects the people on both sides of the issue, even though you may not like something they said or did. The old story of just because someone says or does something bad, doesn't make them a bad person. All we can hope for is during these trying moments we learn from whatever mistakes we make along the way, and do our best not to repeat them. The journey continues.................
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:27 pm

I wasn't saying 'step down' nick... don't read too much into it. you have to understand that not everyone is going to get along. if two people have issues with each other, they will work it out... and if they don't, well... like i said, that's life. we all have different personalities and styles.
Back to top Go down
erskin18

erskin18

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-03-23

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:27 pm

You can't make every body happy. cheers :afro: lol!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:30 pm

Nick......AAHHHHH............fergetaboutit. You are the architec dude cheers and this house aint completed yet. Don't tase me Bro pale
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:22 pm

erskin18 wrote:
You can't make every body happy. cheers :afro: lol!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:33 pm

I no wheels..Its all good. I was just saying

Im glad we got smart people in here geek
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:02 pm

Wheels thanks for the well put thoughts. I agree with all your thoughts.

Here are two more thoughts, suggestions about admin and the board:

We dont have any set policies as of yet but whoever is on the board should come up with a "work in progress policy statement" and I believe there should be a poll for all supporting members to cast a vote which leeds to the next statement......

Second it should be "for now before policy can be written" that no admin or mod should share any part of a member or quest profile or track there origin. We know that one other person from another forum shared some info from that forum and the results of that were apparent from the previous deleted threads. Not to mention sharing any profile info puts members at risk for identity theft not to mention its just doesnt seem like the right thing to do.

Wheelin.......stop it man, we know that your interest is only in the growth of this forum. To me you dont need to apologize when you made a decision you felt was right. You might explain why you handled some of your decisions the way you did and that would do for me.

My .02 cents.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:12 pm

The reason was that I just dont like to see all the fighting. I thought maybe it would all blow over. What would happin if I was to leave it? It might get settled or it might get really bad! I didnt want to take the chance of it getting really bad. I wanted to stop it before it got started. I guess I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-01-23

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:12 pm

Thanks for the good words Wheels. I hope people on this board stop & think about how all of this started. I don't blame anyone. I feel all of this was silly & not needed. Sometime you have to stand up for what you belive is right, & that is all I did. I feel very bad about this. If you don't want me around , just say so. If you need my help with your Rhino just call, I through that was what friends & this forum were for. Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:14 pm

its all good Z... its over and done with..Lets all be friends..not let it happen again..and ride till the end cheers

Hey..I made a ryme
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:18 pm

John,

I wasn't saying I don't want you around and didn't mean it that way either... don't read too much into it. I was more leaning towards the point of "if two people have a problem, figure it out in PM's, by phone, or in person" and it was directed at everyone. ☀

Don't feel bad about it buddy... like Nick said, it's all good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:31 pm

Wheelin you made a decision you felt was right. No on can fault you for that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:35 pm

Wheels wrote:
John,

I wasn't saying I don't want you around and didn't mean it that way either... don't read too much into it. I was more leaning towards the point of "if two people have a problem, figure it out in PM's, by phone, or in person" and it was directed at everyone. ☀

Don't feel bad about it buddy... like Nick said, it's all good. Laughing

the moral of the story is .everybody needs to think before they type.look what happens when u type something that u really shouldnt have.all of this bull..... started with one person who ever it was not being nice!!!!
no matter who it is somebody is going to reach a point to where they have had enough and look what happens!!! i think everybody has learned a lesson here including me!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:50 am

I'd like to make a quick address to the whole 'ridepate and Z28' saga...

-I spent some time with ridepate up at windrock when we had our first group ride... I thought he was a pretty cool guy. he's not an alcoholic or a lush or a bad person... he enjoys a drink or two when he rides... I do too, occasionally. to each his own.

-I got to talk to Z28 at that same windrock ride for a bit, not really as much as i would have liked to. The guy seemed like a geniunely nice guy... he's offered to help me with misc mods since even though he doesn't know me that well. that says a lot in my book.

In short, i'm saying you shouldn't judge ridepate or Z28 on what has been posted on here about either of them. more than likely, you don't know everything that has happened between the two of them. Get to know them and then form your own opinions. IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH EACH OTHER, LET THEM WORK IT OUT IN PM'S OR EMAIL OR ON THE PHONE, IF THEY SO CHOOSE.

just for the record.z28 had nothing to do with starting the post.he came in after it had already started.the post that was the problem was posted by me and nick
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:14 am

shark Good lord, somebody shoot this whole z28/ridepate BS PLEASE!!!! I told wheelin to delete all that crap in the new thread that started after the other one so the forum could get back to what it was intended for and not a damn daytime soap oprea dramma show it has become lately. if you want to blame somebody Im your guy!!!! :evil: This forum is not the place to air a squable between two people period, if you got a beef with some one PM,call or go meet them somewhere and settle it like men! I hope wheelin delets this thread and every one like it that all of us just wont let die. wheelin if you go I go! Its time all this BS ends, and all posts to do with it now or in the future be promptly deleted . Who ever add's the emotioncons please add the one of the BEATING A DEAD HORSE we really need it lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:43 am

🤡 I must have a different mentality than most... i simply posted my thoughts and people are taking it as a personal attack, a 'stir up crap' post, etc.

Gun, if you told Wheelin' to roll off a bridge, would he do it? I didn't point any blame towards anyone... except for the obvious deleting of posts, which i thought we already established was a bad idea 2-3 months ago. you're right, this forum is not a place for squables, as i stated in other words in my initial post on this thread. Twisted Evil deleting this thread would be a bad idea. if you don't like it... don't read it. If you so choose to leave, good luck and good by.

for those that read this post... the previous paragraph was written with sincerety, but with an easy going attitude... not emotionally charged or irritated at all. the exception is the sentence saying 'deleting this thread would be a bad idea'. yes, that was full of irritation and emotionally charged. Twisted Evil

it's sad i have to explain the tone of my posts...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... EmptyWed May 07, 2008 11:15 am

locked lets RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My thoughts... Empty