SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett

Go down 
+20
BIG D 57
Batman
Somersetzuk
stomper1
Reeko
Stakk
RZR_Joe
poolboy
jerr_81
GEEROD
8ball_99
chipper
CatMostFeared
Smith700
Big-R
Goose
Mudchuck
Hollon
Foxfire
Dan
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
stomper1

stomper1

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-02-23

Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 am

Dan looks like I'm probably going to get a Garmin 1450lmt will that work with your maps. Thanks Russell
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:36 am

My NCTM has a topo layer included, and works on all current Garmins. I highly recommend On-the-Trail units, except for eTrex(button locations), because they have more sensitive receivers and work much better under summer foliage. A lot of folks are using Nuvis and seem to be happy with them.

NCTM is $51.95...
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Just a FYI I have a Nuvi 500 thats like 3 years old. So far I haven't had any problem at all with getting signal. I'd get the biggest screen you can. I find myself zooming in and out on my 500 all the time and it has a 3.5" screen.. A lot of guys out west use 7" tablets with GPS apps. Gives you a much larger screen and you can pick one up plus a lifeproof case for about the same price as a lot of the GPS units..
Back to top Go down
Batman
SSXSRider Member
Batman

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 pm

Dan, I am new here, but was surfing around on the internet about where to ride next spring (Royal Blue, Brimstone, or Windrock) and I would like to get your GPS Maps if that is ok. I have a Garmin Montana 650t I think. When I get home I will check that. I am about to leave the office and I will post up a intro thread.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:36 am

CHECK OUT--- Trails End camp ground and the trails, same permit as Royal Blue, See posts BAN Brimstone,
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:59 am

SthrnBatman wrote:
Dan, I am new here, but was surfing around on the internet about where to ride next spring (Royal Blue, Brimstone, or Windrock) and I would like to get your GPS Maps if that is ok. I have a Garmin Montana 650t I think. When I get home I will check that. I am about to leave the office and I will post up a intro thread.

I think I can fix you up with a map file. See my Order Form... http://home.comcast.net/~dan.koerner/GPS/Map_Order_Form.pdf
Back to top Go down
Batman
SSXSRider Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:37 pm

I will get that filled out and over to you. I was a little off on the unit, it is a Garmin Oregon 550t.
Back to top Go down
st4wheel
SSXSRider Member
st4wheel

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Dan I just got a Garmin Montana 600 and am prob gonna order your maps. I mostly ride trails end and Windrock and am liking the TWRA trails as my hunting lisc. covers the permit fee. When is the last time your maps were updated?
Thxs!
Sean
Back to top Go down
Batman
SSXSRider Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Can I get the Google Earth version to help with planning out the daily route. I love this on my GPS, but would love to look at it all on the computer. This map has been awesome for us on this trip. Can only do green and some blue cause the woman is with me.
Back to top Go down
Paverdaddy
SSXSRider Member
Paverdaddy

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2015-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 pm

Dan does your maps cover Tackett Creek, Jellico...? Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjQ07-eYyYy3HoLWvalQTcg/videos
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:05 am

Yes they do cover those areas
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 am

Paverdaddy wrote:
Dan does your maps cover Tackett Creek, Jellico...? Thanks
Yes, east of Jellico all the way to 25E N of Middlesboro... and the Tackett Creek unit of the WMA.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:23 am

Batman wrote:
Can I get the Google Earth version to help with planning out the daily route. I love this on my GPS, but would love to look at it all on the computer. This map has been awesome for us on this trip. Can only do green and some blue cause the woman is with me.
Give her some time to get used to challenges and obstackles. As to the Google Earth version, I need an agreement to copyright requirements... send me an email...
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
SSXSRider Member
oldmustangjunkie

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Dan,
What's your email? I'd like a Google Earth version to plan with also. It makes it nice for places like Tackett and Jellico that don't have an official map I can lay out. I already purchased your maps for my Garmin.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:12 am

oldmustangjunkie wrote:
Dan,
What's your email? I'd like a Google Earth version to plan with also. It makes it nice for places like Tackett and Jellico that don't have an official map I can lay out. I already purchased your maps for my Garmin.

dan.koerner@comcast.net
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett   Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Maps for Brimstone, Coal Creek(Windrock), NCWMA, and Pickett
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3