SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A arm bolts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

A arm bolts Empty
PostSubject: A arm bolts   A arm bolts EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Anyone else have issues with breaking rear A arm bolts? When I installed my long travel most of the longer bolts were bent. So I replaced them all . Then I managed to break both my lower rear outside bolts. The ones at the bearing carrier.. So I replaced all the stock grade 8 stuff with grade 10.9 bolts. All the other bolts seem to have held up fine, But I managed to break two of the 10.9s on the same out side lower arms. I had one broke before the group ride the other day. Went to change some parts yesterday and sure enough I broke the other side while we were at windrock. So I've broke 4 different bolts two grade 8s and two grade 10.9s.. Keep in mind i'm not hitting anything.. I've never broke a hub or even a front tierod so its not like I'm slamming into to large rocks or trees. Just wondering if anyone else is going through bolts like this.
I might try to get my hands on some grade 12s but these are a pretty odd size. I had to special order the grade 10.9s already. I know the new RZRs come with grade 10s but mine has a weld in gusset kit and LSR a arms so mine have to be just a few MMs longer.. Which makes them around 14 dollar special order bolts Sad
Back to top Go down

A arm bolts
Page 1 of 1