SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project Rhino "Operation X"

Go down 
+4
Rhino Rob
KY. Colonel
The Reaper
Mud-and-Guts
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Project Rhino "Operation X" Empty
PostSubject: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Hey guys been busy so not been on much but have done a little to the rhino..
You can read up and see more photos HERE!

Project Rhino "Operation X" Operation%2520X

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:56 am

nice video neil... awesome ride too
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Reaper, I hope West liberty is doing better. Them tornados in March really made a mess, did you suffer any damage?
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Great video, very informative too. Thanks for posting it! HatWave
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Y A M A H A by God ! clap
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Here is a little write up by street side auto about the rhino and side x sides in general if you want to check it out.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/blog/motorsports/project-rhino-small-and-mighty/#more-2871
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:04 pm

good video neil how are you liking the blackwater tires?
Back to top Go down
riverratrsf

riverratrsf

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 pm

I'd like to know how you like the Blackwater tires as well. I just bought Grim Reapers largely due to your reviews and would like to know how they compare.

Thanks!
Scott
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:28 am

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
Reaper, I hope West liberty is doing better. Them tornados in March really made a mess, did you suffer any damage?

thanks we are coming along. the clean up is in progress still some are starting the rebuild process. and getting permits and such, but for now its just been rigs hauling trailers out of the town. thanks for asking, ment alot to hear someone is still thinking of us. we are a small town but alot of friendship being made and love going around. i have to give everyone credit they are pulling together. myself i didn't just some minor stuff around the house a few tree limbs laying around it sit down about 200 yards from my house thank God above we didn't suffer any more than what we did. im very blessed to have not lost anything due to it.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:11 am

these tires look great and measure true at just over26" mounted with 15PSI but I haven't gotten enough miles on the Blackwater tires to get an opinion yet. They have did great around here in the creek and the fields but I will update after I do some good tail riding .

On another note how are you liking the reapers? I really liked the reapers and dirt commanders they sold me on GBC and 8ply tires. I hate flats with a passion and with them I never had to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:16 am

The Reaper wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:

thanks we are coming along. the clean up is in progress still some are starting the rebuild process. and getting permits and such, but for now its just been rigs hauling trailers out of the town. thanks for asking, ment alot to hear someone is still thinking of us. we are a small town but alot of friendship being made and love going around. i have to give everyone credit they are pulling together. myself i didn't just some minor stuff around the house a few tree limbs laying around it sit down about 200 yards from my house thank God above we didn't suffer any more than what we did. im very blessed to have not lost anything due to it.

Good to hear all is getting better and you didn't lose much. I didn't get to messy but just a few people when we were there working rebuilding the power lines but the ones did meet were in a real good mood considering what they all went through..
Back to top Go down
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:27 pm

GRAT looking Rhino....Are those Progressive shocks, and if so how do you like them?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks brother!

And yes I run progressives 425 hd's I've been running the 425's for years with zero issues! On one ride last year I keep hitting a log bouncing the front end head high numerous times trying to get the best shot lol

The first of this video shows a couple of these hits.

Back to top Go down
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
Thanks brother!

And yes I run progressives 425 hd's I've been running the 425's for years with zero issues! On one ride last year I keep hitting a log bouncing the front end head high numerous times trying to get the best shot lol

Nice video shots with the front end in the air. I have heard good things about the Progressive shocks. My Rhino is caged and 4 seated and i have to do something for the rear. On other forums guys are running the Teryx shocks and mounting them up side down on the rear. It gives a good inch of lift and seems to work really well on the softest setting, not to mention guys are able to fit 30's afterwards. I have found new set of 4 on ebay for $200.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:02 am

Joe.USMC wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:
Thanks brother!

Nice video shots with the front end in the air. I have heard good things about the Progressive shocks. My Rhino is caged and 4 seated and i have to do something for the rear. On other forums guys are running the Teryx shocks and mounting them up side down on the rear. It gives a good inch of lift and seems to work really well on the softest setting, not to mention guys are able to fit 30's afterwards. I have found new set of 4 on ebay for $200.

Progress make the 425 Heavy Duty's for the rear, if you didn't already know. Had them on my rhino with a rear seat. Never bottomed them out. I also gained about 3/4 of an inch on the front and rear.
Back to top Go down
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:12 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
Joe.USMC wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:
Thanks brother!

Progress make the 425 Heavy Duty's for the rear, if you didn't already know. Had them on my rhino with a rear seat. Never bottomed them out. I also gained about 3/4 of an inch on the front and rear.

I know about the 425 HD. The difference to me is the savings in the pocket book. Not to mention my average speed on my rhino is about 5 mph and it stays loaded down with kids and a cooler. $200 is a good deal for front and rear shocks with the piggybacks on the rear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Rhino "Operation X"   Project Rhino "Operation X" Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Rhino "Operation X"
Page 1 of 1