SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well.... I need some advice

Go down 
+13
Big-R
Stakk
chipper
GunRunner
ridepate
8ball_99
Hollon
RZRS-EDGE
bush
Goose
Gimpy
nocerisdave
MuddyBuddy
17 posters
AuthorMessage
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Well.... I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:52 pm

First off I don't wanna hear it......
Second off I AM NOT i repeat AM NOT selling the Can Am its still my primary ride.
However.... me and my brother are selling the 3 other atvs we have and well getting a umm, whats those things that sound like a beehive?? RAZOR or something like that? Anywho we are weighing all the options. Its a toss up between 3 right now.
1. Going with one of the brand new 550
2. Finding a good used 800
3. If we can get enough out of the 3 atvs we are more than likely going to get a 900.

So what would you guys recommend and also if we go the used route for a 800 what year should we look for? Thanks and let the nightmare begin..... HitFan
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Eat
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:07 pm

hide
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:13 pm

he he hide
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:22 pm

stay away from the 08s and the early 10s . the 11s and 12s get close to 2x the miles on a tank
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Just get the 900. If you buy the 800 you will spend the difference
trying to get it to go as fast as the 900.
Then in about a week or less you will have the BUS for sale thatsright
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Just save and get a used 900 if ya have to wait and search no other reason than its just that damn fun!!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:58 pm

RZRS-EDGE wrote:
Just get the 900. If you buy the 800 you will spend the difference
trying to get it to go as fast as the 900.
Then in about a week or less you will have the BUS for sale thatsright

Nah something is gonna have to carry all the spare parts for the 900. Haha I am liking the idea of having the 2 fastest side by sides in the world in my garage though. By the way I will still be in the commander nathan is going to be the primary pilot for the rzr
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:22 am

If you go with a used 800 Avoid 08 and the earlier 10 models like mentioned above. I got my 09 S for 9200 last year. It had 600 miles on it and was still under the factory warranty.. The guys dealer replaced both rear axles and the cage in the front diff before I paid for it. compare that to a new S at around 13k or a new XP at around 15k and a used 800 is pretty tempting.. The one I bought also already had a few things like roof, windshield, upgraded battery, Hid head lights and an aluminum grab handle.

I don't know much about the 550s so I can't really say how they compare.

I would like to have the power of a 900. I have kicked around the idea several times of selling one of my 800s and getting an XP. If your trying to keep the cost down like I assume you are since your looking at used 800s or the 550. A 900 will cost you. Even if you get a steal of a deal on a used 11 your talking the price of a new S. You will also need power steering and zero clearance trailing arms and rear links. So you figure atleast another 1500 to get the XP on top of the purchase price. Everytime I do the math for me an XP would cost me 5k+ Difference to upgrade! So really it depends on if you want to spend 9500 or 14500..
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 am

Thats one of the major reasons I did not get an xp in the beginning I did not want to dump 2 grand on it right after it rolled of the showroom floor. I am selling 3 atvs all 05+ so we should get a lil chunk of cash from them. Still dont want to put too much extra into it. Personally I am leaning towards a decent 800s with a few goodies already on it but a 900 would be nice. The only scenario we would get a new something would be the 550, the 900/800 would have to be a good used deal.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:55 am

Buy the real XP.....................Re-Sale #1. No need for 2k's worth of up-grades. It will go anywhere a S or EXPee will, maybe not as fast but who cares??? Is the 900 a true measurement of your sac??? Nope.....It's called skill................ ownedsm
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:27 am

If they open there eyes they will see the light! thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 am

ridepate wrote:
Buy the real XP.....................Re-Sale #1. No need for 2k's worth of up-grades. It will go anywhere a S or EXPee will, maybe not as fast but who cares??? Is the 900 a true measurement of your sac??? Nope.....It's called skill................ ownedsm

Haha I got fast taken care of and dont worry gunny if its only me goin riding the can am is still the number 1 choice thatsright
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:41 pm

I hope you bring that rzr for backup during the white knuckle. I'd hate have to tow you back without a you having a backup. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 pm

hide shutup Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:28 pm

After about 2 rides that can ham will be a dust collector sitting in the garage, but you can always tell the grand children about back in the day when this all got started and how it was so confusing until one day you saw the light.. LOL
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:03 am

haha wait where has tbone been!?? I need backup on this hes got both and still prefers the can am!! haha chip if I get it before white knuckle it will be there, to get me back and forwarth to the bathroom at camp. Wouldn't want to waste the gas in the commander

SOOOO either way haha what year would be a good used year 800? anything outside of 08 or early 2010?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:25 am

shutup
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:30 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:
haha wait where has tbone been!?? I need backup on this hes got both and still prefers the can am!! haha chip if I get it before white knuckle it will be there, to get me back and forwarth to the bathroom at camp. Wouldn't want to waste the gas in the commander

SOOOO either way haha what year would be a good used year 800? anything outside of 08 or early 2010?

i would sell my 800 s. late 2010 model. pm me for details if interested... only reason for saleing the lil woman wants a 900
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:20 am

I'll sell you mine so I can get a 900xp
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:48 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:

Tbone is probably out riding his XP900 having a blast!!....The cowmander is
for road riding in WV
Back to top Go down
ktpguy
SSXSRider Member
ktpguy

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Get a 900 xp and dont look back.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:25 pm

I would never buy a used Gazer. I know how bad I beat mine hump and im sure im not the only one.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:54 pm

marty.... throw me a price, as long as it comes with a cat most feared warranty like brownboy got!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:43 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:
marty.... throw me a price, as long as it comes with a cat most feared warranty like brownboy got!!!

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well.... I need some advice   Well.... I need some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Well.... I need some advice
Page 1 of 1