SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Put on some xp shocks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

Put on some xp shocks Empty
PostSubject: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:01 pm

I have the +6 superatv kit and my 50" walker evans shocks just couldn't keep up. It is like riding in a caddy now.

Put on some xp shocks Rzr02
Put on some xp shocks Rzr09
Put on some xp shocks Rzr01
Put on some xp shocks Rzr12
Put on some xp shocks Rzr07
Put on some xp shocks Rzr08
Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Your going to need new springs shortly, been there done that. The stock springs are ok at first but they will sag shortly
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:39 pm

yeah. my stock 50" springs were riding on the bump stops, so I had to do something. I will get some better springs for these when the time comes. What weight springs did you end up going with?
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 pm

hobbz, may i ask where u got the cover plate for your winch. the one that goes in the lower opening? i really like it and been looking for one. Also, i bet there was a huge differance going to the xp shocks. congrats.
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 pm

trevis at top dog sold it to me. I don't think he was going to make anymore though.

Yes, the shocks are a huge difference
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Ok thx. Ive seen a few around but nobody makin them anymore.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Ordered a set of Racer Tech medium front 2.5" 250lbs and medium 2.5" 300lbs rears. Probably a bit light for most folks but I want max articulaton. I'll let you know how they work.
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Me and the wife took the rzr up on the hill behind the house after she got home from work and put a 3" hole in my front outer cv boot. I get one thing fixed and tear something else up... Dang trees all over the log roads.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Speaking of problems...Super ATV..you might wanna take a look at this RZR Rebuild Only thing left of the Super ATV kit is the a-arms.
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Yeah I am getting there. Once I replace my heims, I will have replaced everything except the arms. I have Bluetorch kingpins, rackzilla rack and tierods, no more lift brackets that kept bending.

How are you liking those utv inc billet hubs?
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:44 am

I guess there ok, have not broke one lol! Saw a good deal on them and figured I'd replace the stock ones before they broke. When you replace the heims use a quality one like H/K with teflon liners. You'll also need to check the mounting holes for wear. The heims transfer much more shock to the mounting locations than a bushing. The metal is very then and all mine were egg shaped. I welded in some Racer Tech chrome moly washers.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 am

Sharp looking RZR!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put on some xp shocks   Put on some xp shocks Empty

Back to top Go down

Put on some xp shocks
Page 1 of 1