SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walker Evans XP4

Go down 
+5
8ball_99
ridepate
girdlerrzr
wvregulators
STR8RZR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Finally made up my mind and pulled the trigger. I had a hard time picking between the Jagged and the Walker.
I could've got a great deal on the Jagged but I was worried that after 6 months of riding the doors, beadlocks an other stuff it comes with would prob be tore to peices.
But anyways I paid the deposit today and will be traveling to Abernathys Sat. to pick it up. Will start a build thread then.
Can't wait, I've been without a ride for too long.
Back to top Go down
wvregulators
SSXSRider Member
wvregulators

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 pm

sounds sweeet what kind of upgrades you gonna do?? drive
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:31 pm

Just bring it to Barbourville and let travis and rob hook u up
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Awesome bro!!!!
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:16 pm

Just all the normal stuff. Cage, doors, wheels and all that.
I was Gona let travis do the cage but he can't do the radius bends like I want. I already text him tonite and told him I needed a bumper and radius bars tho.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Welcome fellow station wagoner lol. I bought mine from the same place. What price were you given for the jagged? I wouldn't mind having the H.O. kit. But not a fan of the seats, cage or the doors. Been a few posts of busted rims over on the RZR forum too. Looks like the beadlocks on them are super thin.. Plus side with a jagged though you can sell all that stuff for some decent cash and your still left with the H.O. kit factory installed drive Even if I was buying one today though I don't think I'd went with the jagged. Inless the price was with in a couple grand of the walker evans. Mine was 4200 less then what the jagged retails for. All the stuff I've done to mine and I'm still in it less then a stock Jagged.. With the jagged I still would have had to do all the same stuff to it I did to mine.. Cage, bumpers, radio, roof, front rear window, harness, high clearance trailing arms and radius rods, light bar, ect, ect.
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 am

8ball_99 wrote:
Welcome fellow station wagoner lol. I bought mine from the same place. What price were you given for the jagged? I wouldn't mind having the H.O. kit. But not a fan of the seats, cage or the doors. Been a few posts of busted rims over on the RZR forum too. Looks like the beadlocks on them are super thin.. Plus side with a jagged though you can sell all that stuff for some decent cash and your still left with the H.O. kit factory installed drive Even if I was buying one today though I don't think I'd went with the jagged. Inless the price was with in a couple grand of the walker evans. Mine was 4200 less then what the jagged retails for. All the stuff I've done to mine and I'm still in it less then a stock Jagged.. With the jagged I still would have had to do all the same stuff to it I did to mine.. Cage, bumpers, radio, roof, front rear window, harness, high clearance trailing arms and radius rods, light bar, ect, ect.

Thanks man, it was a hard decision. I Was still thinking about which one i was Gona go with while I was on the phone with them getting more info. Had really planned on the Jagged but it not coming with center caps and they were wanting $100 more to remount the tires so they'd be beadlocked. I know It's not much but if they would've took care of remounting the tires I would've bought it.
I'm not a fan of the popo doors. I've heard of them being pretty weak, and I just don't care for how they function. Later on after u replace the doors to something better ur Gona be without the graphics which I really do like.
They are selling the Jagged's for $20000. Smoking deal if u ask me, but by time u add all the essential stuff ur Still way up there. Besides the motor work everything else can be picked up used somewhere.
I think I ended up gettin mine for about $500 cheaper than what u paid. So with the money saved from the Jagged I've already started ordering the parts for it.
Did u buy their extended warranty thru western? If so have u heard anything good or bad about it? Or have u used it on ur other rzr's?
Where did u end up getting ur skid plate at?
And don't worry I'm Gona try to do it so they don't look like the same machine.

Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 am

XP4 is like the Super Beast
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 am

Sounds like you got a really good deal. I want to say I got mine for around 17,7XX My local dealer told me 19,500 OTD So honestly I didn't even try to haggle with Abernathy. Yeah 20k for the jagged is pretty good. About 2,300 more then what my walker cost. The H.O. kit is around 1400 installed. High for 6hp IMO. So if you also wanted some of the other stuff it would be worth it. Like you said though 20k and you would still need all the basic stuff right off vs you can always do the H.O. kit down the road.
Yeah I did get the warranty through Abernathy.
My skid is a UTV inc skid that I bought through a vender on RZRforums "Devious PowerSports".. I got the skid for 545 shipped. I just got lucky.. The guy told me after the fact he made a goof on shipping so he wouldn't be able to sell it for that to anyone else. I do really like the fact the skid is one piece though and it covers the entire bottom of the machine.

Haha No worries. My cage and bumpers are pretty different from what I've seen and I'm not 100% sure my factory decals are going to stay. Thats part of the reason I haven't done anything with my doors yet.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:23 am

Cant' wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Glad yall made up your mind. We have missed you and Carrie on the trail. Too bad yall wont be able to make Pickett this weekend. Yall gonna try and go to Brandons on the 13th?
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:18 pm

cool deal. Thats a nice 4 seater!
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:31 pm

rzr4 rider wrote:
Glad yall made up your mind. We have missed you and Carrie on the trail. Too bad yall wont be able to make Pickett this weekend. Yall gonna try and go to Brandons on the 13th?

Yea tell me about it, Ive been goin crazy not being able to Ride. I've already got stuff ordered. As soon as I get the doors, harnesses, and tree kickers on we should be ready to ride, the other stuff can wait. Should at least have that stuff done by the 13th.

Yea my factory stickers are gona be coming off pretty fast. I need to trade my white hood for a black one. I just missed out on buying a black one on the rzr forums.

Last edited by STR8RZR on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:35 pm

What tree kickers did you go with? I plan on making me a set but haven't got around to it
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 pm

They're coming from a guy in London. Ill post pics when I get them installed. Several people we ride with have them and they seem to be some of the best out there.
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:37 am

Went and picked up new ride this past Sat. I put 6 miles on it around the house before taking the wheels And radius bars off. New beadlocks just came in yesterday so trying to decide to run the bighorns or the blackwaters.
I should get the tree bars on today, picking up radius bars and harnesses Fri. Throw a windshield on it and hook up my 2 way temporarily and try to hit the trails Sat. and hope it doesn't rain.
Other parts should be coming in next week, so ill add to it as I get time.

Is there an easy way to post pics from iPhone without using photobucket?
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:29 am

Down load photo bucket app
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Sponsored content

Walker Evans XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker Evans XP4   Walker Evans XP4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walker Evans XP4
Page 1 of 1