SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

polaris sues artic cat

Go down 
+4
RZRS-EDGE
edge22
navestoy
bush
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

polaris sues artic cat Empty
PostSubject: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:14 pm

http://sxsnews.com/index.php/2013/12/polaris-files-complaint-for-patent-infringement-against-arctic-cat/

Minnesota based Polaris Industries filed a Complaint for Patent Infringement against Arctic Cat on Dec. 20, 2013 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. According to court documents filed Friday in U.S. District Court, Polaris filed patent applications for its side-by-side ATVs in 2006, with an update in 2010. The U.S. patent office officially approved the Polaris patent application on December 3, 2013.
The current patent description is for  an all-terrain vehicle is shown which includes a frame, an engine supported by the frame, a transmission supported by the frame. A pair of front wheels, and a pair of rear wheels are operably coupled to the frame. A pair of laterally spaced-apart seating surfaces are supported by the frame. A pair of outermost lateral points of the vehicle define a vehicle width less than 54 inches (trail compliant side-by-side all terrain vehicles). Further detail from U.S. Pat. No. 8596405:
an engine supported by the rear frame portion, the engine positioned rearwardly of the seating area
a transmission coupled to and extending rearwardly of the engine
a low point of the seating surface is below a top of the engine
fuel tank being positioned below one of the seating surfaces
a battery positioned below the other of the seating surfaces
rear axle assembly is positioned rearwardly of the engine
engine includes a continuously variable clutch
After reviewing the patent description, it appears that Polaris is claiming that Arctic Cat’s new trail compliant Wildcat Trail is violating their patent which covers the Polaris RZR 800 and RZR 570.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
navestoy

navestoy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:26 pm

I believe Polaris is seeing all the buzz of the new Wildcat Trail and got little scared.
Back to top Go down
edge22

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Re: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:57 pm

I wish they would worry more about fixing their shit and making it better.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:01 pm

edge22 wrote:

thatsright ....then they would'nt be sceered
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 7:48 am

I knew it would only be a matter of time before this happened.
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:48 pm

edge22 wrote:

thatsright 
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:28 pm

The results of this legal action will be huge. If Polaris loses, the door is opened for all to jump in. I think that's why Arctic Cat took the chance. Hoping that Polaris would not push the issue for fear of losing. Better to compete against one than all.
Back to top Go down
Wheels
SSXSRider Member
Wheels

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Re: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 4:15 pm

i gotta say, the patent write-up is a bit vague. for some reason, i was thinking exact deminsions had to be used. or maybe they are that is just a quick overview.  scratch  either way, it will be interesting to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: polaris sues artic cat   polaris sues artic cat Empty

Back to top Go down

polaris sues artic cat
Page 1 of 1