SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+20
crs
BigAlCash
stealth
Hiteckredneckxp
BluDevil
DOG
jwhill
Baditude
Hollon
bacon
Goose
blu-knight
bush
Gimpy
RZRS-EDGE
njcraddock
Big-R
stoneman
ohsresq
RZR_Joe
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:47 am

Joe I have a 13 F250 and it is great so far. It is a beast. Very nice truck and mine is an XLR. Congratulations. drive allright humper
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:37 am

I think a need a training class for all the bells and whistles lol! Already been doing some reasearch and looking at programmers hide Anyone have experience with them on the 6.7L?

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_20141009_083933_055_zps0e135308
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:38 am

Chad, heard real good things about the H&S..One problem though, they are backordered nationwide and the companies who have them want double retail $1500+ affraid
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:30 am

Man, I dunno. I don't want to mess around with tuners or anything that is going to cause issues with my warranty. And frankly, these 6.7s are powerful enough without having to mess around with that stuff. And I don't know this as fact, but my understanding is that the mechanics can tell if a tuner has ever been put on these newer trucks, even if you remove it prior to bringing it in. I'm just going to wait until the warranty is out before I do anything, even just a leveling kit and bigger tires.
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:05 am

I've got a 12 F150 in the shop with 74k on it & right manifold is cracked (5.0) My 12 F150 has 45k (ecoboost) & it's been trouble free! I have a 01 F350 (7.3)with damn near half a million miles & wouldn't hesitate to take it cross country today!
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:10 am

I'm with Nate I'm waiting until the warranty runs out.
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Everyone has a valid point.  It really depends on what you are going to do with the truck.  If you are going to leave it stock then really no need for computer.  But if you do a DPF delete, CAT delete, EGR delete, ETC. then you will definetly need a computer.   thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 1:33 pm

njcraddock wrote:
Man, I dunno. I don't want to mess around with tuners or anything that is going to cause issues with my warranty. And frankly, these 6.7s are powerful enough without having to mess around with that stuff. And I don't know this as fact, but my understanding is that the mechanics can tell if a tuner has ever been put on these newer trucks, even if you remove it prior to bringing it in. I'm just going to wait until the warranty is out before I do anything, even just a leveling kit and bigger tires.

I have heard that also that they can tell if a programmer has been hooked up. I've got some inside sources at Ford and I will check it out. No doubt if it voids the warranty it's a no go.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Congrats on the new ride.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 8:07 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
The F150 is bye-bye...brought home a new F250 Lariat w 6.7L PS cheers

allright
Back to top Go down
BigAlCash
SSXSRider Member
BigAlCash

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Yes if you put a tuner on it will leave a "footprint" in the ECM.
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 7:06 am

BigAlCash wrote:
that's true for only certain programmers. I worked for FMC for the last 7 years & ran programmers on every one of my diesels but would remove before putting it in the shop. I even ran one on the hated 6.0 & put over 200K "mildly trouble free miles" on it! (injectors (5) ficm, egr delete)
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:12 am

First this post starts out as, " ford pissed me off" ! Than it turns into, " look at my new ford" !............ scratch  Am i missing something or just seeing a trend? WTF ...............Sorry Joe just payback for the 3 wheel comment on trail. Razz
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 10:13 am

Hiteckredneckxp wrote:
BigAlCash wrote:
that's true for only certain programmers. I worked for FMC for the last 7 years & ran programmers on every one of my diesels but would remove before putting it in the shop. I even ran one on the hated 6.0 & put over 200K "mildly trouble free miles" on it! (injectors (5) ficm, egr delete)

My understanding is that it is only the new 6.7's that have the ability to detect the tuners. I put 100k miles on my 2005 6.0 mostly trouble free (had a turbo replaced under warranty). With head studs and an EGR delete they were pretty doggone good motors. Still, with the 6.7 I just don't see the need to hop it up until it's out of warranty, they are just too darn expensive.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 10:17 am

crs wrote:
First this post starts out as, " ford pissed me off" ! Than it turns into, " look at my new ford" !............ scratch  Am i missing something or just seeing a trend? WTF ...............Sorry Joe just payback for the 3 wheel comment on trail. Razz

Well actually my dealer pissed me off, you missed that part thatsright But hey what did I expect from a canned ham owner hide
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 4:37 pm

HUH?????????????? Ha Ha. No i didn't miss it. I was talking about the title. Just having some fun with ya. Btw; nice ride. I already know how this story is gonna play out. Tent Canned ham owner, humm...............wanna compare repair bills????? hide Sorry, had to go there. Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 13435
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Rzrjoe10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 10:39 pm

sorry i had to do it.

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Tough-10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Pete 1K

Pete 1K

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 5:52 am

deleted

Last edited by Pete 1K on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 8:47 am

bush wrote:
Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Rzrjoe10

beat beat beat

That's one Bush thatsright
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:49 am

Now that's some funny poo right there!!! And i thought i was being a bit hard on ya. roflmao. Actually, i'm jealous about everyone posting pics and vids like this. My brain cells haven't let me absorb the process to do such things. Must be too much canned ham.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 11:48 am

njcraddock wrote:
Hiteckredneckxp wrote:
BigAlCash wrote:

My understanding is that it is only the new 6.7's that have the ability to detect the tuners. I put 100k miles on my 2005 6.0 mostly trouble free (had a turbo replaced under warranty). With head studs and an EGR delete they were pretty doggone good motors. Still, with the 6.7 I just don't see the need to hop it up until it's out of warranty, they are just too darn expensive.

With out question the Ford 6.7 will leave a footprint in the ECM. Remember, one of my best friends works for ford.

Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Big-R wrote:
njcraddock wrote:
Hiteckredneckxp wrote:
BigAlCash wrote:

With out question the Ford 6.7 will leave a footprint in the ECM.  Remember, one of my best friends works for ford.

Talked to a couple of buddies who work for Ford and they say it will be detectable. One says he knows a way around it....not worth the risk to me as the warranty is way too valuable.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 7:43 am

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Ford_t10
Back to top Go down
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 10645110
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next