SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need tire advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Need tire advice Empty
PostSubject: Need tire advice   Need tire advice EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 9:36 pm

I need some advice from guys with 30 in tires. I'm thinking of getting a set, my question is I have a XP 900. The motor and clutch are stock if I go up to 30 in will I have clutch problems? Or should I just stay with the stock ones until I can replace the clutch? I'm looking at the ITP Black water evolution 30 x 10 x 12. I also have the DWT Diablo beadlock 12 in wheels.

Thanks for any information
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Need tire advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tire advice   Need tire advice EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 9:56 pm

30s will make a huge improvement in how well your rig feels. You can get by without a clutch if you run in low more often but you really need a clutch to do it correctly. The Jagged X comes with a clutch kit already so 30s were no issue but I could still tell I lost some bottom end grunt. I am going to 32s but I am also installing a gear reduction at the same time.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Need tire advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tire advice   Need tire advice EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:44 pm

I ran the 30" Blackwaters on my 900 2 seater with stock rims without any issues. Like Joe said, just take it easy on the belt and run it in low when on the trails and it will be fine. To fit them though you will either need forward a arms or do the fender mod.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Need tire advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tire advice   Need tire advice EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:08 am

Blackwater are my choice on tires
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Need tire advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tire advice   Need tire advice EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:52 am

Without forward a arms or fender mod

Need tire advice 2013-110

With Highlifter plus 2" a arms

Need tire advice 2013-111

It's hard to tell from the pictures but that 2" is the difference from stuffing your tire into the fender and no clearance issues altogether.
Back to top Go down
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Need tire advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tire advice   Need tire advice EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I have not had a problems as of yet with what I have and right now I cant do the clutch and tires so this is looking like a project I am going to have to save up for.
Thanks again for the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need tire advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tire advice   Need tire advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Need tire advice
Page 1 of 1