SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)

Go down 
+5
njcraddock
Big-R
RZR_Joe
DOG
blu-knight
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) Empty
PostSubject: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:45 am

Ok as the topic states I am thinking about getting rid of the 2013 Jagged X and getting a new either 2015 or 2016 XP 1000 4 seater. So this topic really goes out to those out there who have a 1000 4 seater. I know the 1K is longer but is it that much noticeable over the 900 4 seater? How about the turning radius? I am going to test drive a new one tomorrow but I would like more input from the guys who have a 1K 4 seater. What are your likes and what are your dislikes?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:00 am

I know that the turning radius from the 800s 2 seater to the 1000 2 seater is huge. the 1k makes you think you are going to need 40 acres to turn it around and the s seamed like it turned around on itself. I have now gotten used to the 1k turning but that is 1 thing I wish they would address with the new ones. hope this helps some
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:19 am

Eat Eat Eat
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:48 am

The only one I know with a XP 1k 4 is Mark.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:02 am

Just curious, but what is it about the XP1K4 that makes you want one over the Jagged X?
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 pm

njcraddock wrote:
Just curious, but what is it about the XP1K4 that makes you want one over the Jagged X?

Better ride, more power, more ground clearance. Better cab enclosure. To get the ground clearance I need to go to forward a arms, to get a better ride I need to have my shocks redone. Yeah i know the jagged probably has more power than i will ever need but it is always nice to have it if u want it. Before i start dropping money on upgrades i thought i would look at a xp 4 1000
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 2:19 pm

blu-knight wrote:
njcraddock wrote:

Better ride, more power,  more ground clearance.  Better cab enclosure.  To get the ground clearance I need to go to forward a arms, to get a better ride I need to have my shocks redone.  Yeah i know the jagged probably has more power than i will ever need but it is always nice to have it if u want it.  Before i start dropping money on upgrades i thought i would look at a xp 4 1000

Fair enough. I have upgraded the suspension with Highlifter components and had Smoothride revalve my shocks. Granted I have never driven a XP1K4 but I would pit my Jagged against it any day in the suspension and ground clearance department. I have also replaced the factory cage with an aftermarket custom cage and custom roof. I'm as dry and protected as I want to be. Horsepower? There's what, a 9 HP difference between the Jagged and the 1K? How much difference is there in weight and length?

I guess for me I'd look at the price differential and see. But I'd also be willing to bet that the 1K is going to need upgrades too. Can you take a Jagged, add $5k in upgrades, and it be better than a stock 1k? I think so. Can you trade in a Jagged for a XP1K4 for less than $5k out of pocket?
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 2:53 pm

njcraddock wrote:
blu-knight wrote:
njcraddock wrote:

Better ride, more power,  more ground clearance.  Better cab enclosure.  To get the ground clearance I need to go to forward a arms, to get a better ride I need to have my shocks redone.  Yeah i know the jagged probably has more power than i will ever need but it is always nice to have it if u want it.  Before i start dropping money on upgrades i thought i would look at a xp 4 1000

Fair enough. I have upgraded the suspension with Highlifter components and had Smoothride revalve my shocks. Granted I have never driven a XP1K4 but I would pit my Jagged against it any day in the suspension and ground clearance department. I have also replaced the factory cage with an aftermarket custom cage and custom roof. I'm as dry and protected as I want to be. Horsepower? There's what, a 9 HP difference between the Jagged and the 1K? How much difference is there in weight and length?

I guess for me I'd look at the price differential and see. But I'd also be willing to bet that the 1K is going to need upgrades too. Can you take a Jagged, add $5k in upgrades, and it be better than a stock 1k? I think so. Can you trade in a Jagged for a XP1K4 for less than $5k out of pocket?

Already had that discussion with him Nathan...here's the thing.. Moma said yes and now he's got the I wannas now lol!
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 4:21 pm

You all are making this too hard on me. Mark is the only one I know that has a XP1K4 and I talked to him for a wile today and he says he loves it. Says it is better than his old Jagged X. I am on the fence but haven't made any real decisions yet. I have a lot invested in my Jagged X and yes it is a good machine but if you had a chance to get a new one would you?
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 5:31 pm

blu-knight wrote:
You all are making this too hard on me.  Mark is the only one I know that has a XP1K4 and I talked to him for a wile today and he says he loves it.  Says it is better than his old Jagged X.  I am on the fence but haven't made any real decisions yet.  I have a lot invested in my Jagged X and yes it is a good machine but if you had a chance to get a new one would you?

Mark never keeps on the wheels long enough to know roflmao
Back to top Go down
launch22
SSXSRider Member
launch22

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:39 pm

I went from a 800s to the 1000 4. I was a little worried about the size at first, but  Ronnie knows how I ride and I've not had any issues with the tight trails like I figured I would. Tree kickers were on the top of my list at first but they are on the bottom now. I'm very happy with the way it handles.Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) Image12
Back to top Go down
launch22
SSXSRider Member
launch22

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:46 pm

The drive line noise at 30mph is a little annoying. I think my noise is coming from the carrier bearing. I'm going to swap it out with a aftermarket bearing soon. Others seem to think the issue is the drive shaft needing balanced. I've read mixed reviews on that.
As for the ride it's amazingly smooth! Especially compared to what I had. I've never had the smooth ride suspension like all of the other high rollers on here! lol!
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:58 pm

launch thanks for the input... this is what kind of information I am looking for. I want to hear from the guys out there that have one and let me know the good as well as the bad. Joe don't be a hater..... LOL
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:17 pm

So did you go test drive one today?
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:00 pm

That is tomorrow nat. Looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:15 pm

Just buy a Maverick Max and forget about all your worries! pot Let the games begin.
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 pm

Corey that's not going to happen. If it had a better 4wd system I might. But I do remember u being like a turtle in a mud hole. pot
Back to top Go down
launch22
SSXSRider Member
launch22

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:35 pm

Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) Image14
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:40 pm

Some say the Canned Ham is getting pissed on, I think it's giving head.
Back to top Go down
launch22
SSXSRider Member
launch22

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Pugged Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) 13435
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:56 pm

Wow, this thread is getting fun. Launch, I forgot that you bought one. It's hard to keep up with you because you don't post much..... LOL

If I was going to buy a new machine and toy hauler tomorrow it would be a XP 1K 4. However, I had that option and went with the 900. I really like mine.
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:37 am

blu-knight wrote:
Corey that's not going to happen. If it had a better 4wd system I might. But I do remember u being like a turtle in a mud hole.  pot

Sleep. Man, high center one time  in a Can Am an your totally damned by the Popo crowd the rest of your life.Rolling Eyes   You kinda sound like my wife....." remember back in '93 when we met and you did..........?"Razz  Btw; how many "perfect 4wd systems" got pulled up 5 that day? Laughing   Love ya Chad,........mean it!Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) 13435 Anyway, were hijacking the tread here. I say go get your 1000 4 seater if that's what you want. Knowing you, you'll do something cool with it, which i'd like to see. Just don't ever high center it if i'm around. humper
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:17 am

Eat
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:07 am

I would still wait to see what the new releases at July dealer meeting are going to be. Nothing worse than buying a machine and less than a month later something better is released.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:26 am

Oh once that "new buggy fever" hits there ain't but one way to cure it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)   Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4) Empty

Back to top Go down

Input on a New Ride Please (New 1K 4)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next