SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking For Input

Go down 
+4
Mud-and-Guts
wvyankee2
roadiestar
Rhino X 2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:15 pm

I have a couple of problems with my 2006 660 rhino.

1) I have added an HMF exhaust with the carb jet kit and a rhino raceing intake with K&N filter. after adding the intake and filter my fuel pump went out and now after i ride for a short time when I stop the motor dies it will start back but it takes some time turning it over. now this problem is off and on one day it kept shutting down the next it ran and started fine. at first I thought it was bad fuel until it ran all the next day 5 - 6 hours with no problem. I think it has to do with the intake and im thinking of going back to the stock one. Has any one else had this problem with an after market intake. ( The intake is a elbow with a filter on it )

2) My starter is sticking when i shut it down and try to restart it, It sounds like a bad soleniod just a klicking noise. but if you put it in gear and rock it back and foward it will release and start up.

so does anyone have any suggestions for these problems

Thanks for any input you can give me
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Check your vacuum hoses for kinks and leaks, also check your vent lines make sure there not plugged up. Thats a start.
Also make sure you you put the hoses back on were they came from.Not being a smartass but its possible.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:49 pm

I would start by putting the factory airbox back on and seeing if it improves.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Have you tried removing the fuel pickup and cleaning it?? I have heard several having problems with it picking up trash and causing havoc. Then when the motor dies the trash falls back down and it runs fine till it picks the trash back up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:31 pm

IMO....Your first two mistakes-
HMF exhaust and K&N. The HMF will fall apart and the K&N filters nothing but large dirt-clods. All the small stuff is going through your motor, (w/o an Outerware).
You've lost vaccum to your carb with the straight-intake, it has proven to give only loss in H.P. With the stock-carb and stock bore. See those two little "boxes" on the stock intake??? They are there for a reason, your aftermarket intake has none. The straight intake is for a non-vaccum carb (Edlebrock, Mikuni) it might work better if you have a 686 with a stock carb, but still won't be right.
Put the stock air-box back on, RAIS-Tube and a UNI, Dyno-Jet slide-spring, D/J 165 or possibly bigger jet. Drill out the A/F screw plug and adjust, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 out. You'll see wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better results.

As far as the starter goes , you've probably smoked it due to cranking on it too long and over-heating the starter or the bendix, or the selioniod.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:44 pm

Good post Pate...
Back to top Go down
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Thanks Pate sometimes you can't see the forrest for the trees. Thanks for the input I will be removing the K&N and replacing the stock air box I have done all the other cabr work already I just went to far replacing the intake
Thanks again for your help.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Rhino X 2 wrote:
Thanks Pate sometimes you can't see the forrest for the trees. Thanks for the input I will be removing the K&N and replacing the stock air box I have done all the other cabr work already I just went to far replacing the intake
Thanks again for your help.

It's good bro. I just hate to see money not well spent. It's happened to all of us, me included...................just trying to help. I had a 660, spent the money. So been there done that....
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:32 pm

pate,what do ya think about the fallen apart HMF,i remember nick(wheelen)had duals and they were piece of junk,i liked the LEXX on your rhino pate,but what ya think about supertrapp?
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:34 am

I totally agree with pate, (except for the k&n part). You should also pull your fuel sending unit out of the tank, as stated before. I have personally seen particles left in the tank from were they drilled all the holes. These will plug your filter on you fuel pick up, but I have also see these small particles in the in line fuel filter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 am

smith700 wrote:
pate,what do ya think about the fallen apart HMF,i remember nick(wheelen)had duals and they were piece of junk,i liked the LEXX on your rhino pate,but what ya think about supertrapp?

Little Smith, I honestly know nothing about the S-T. I'm not one of those that say "I own it, it's the best". Nick did have the HMF's, they were, loud, and junky, and they were falling apart when I came in contact with them, that's where I got my opinion of them. I was not impressed with the fit and finish., nor the price.

I bought a Trinity system before the Lexx, it was another over-priced piece of junk. Loud, lost all bottom-end, due to the 3-inch outlet. On a Rhino, the outlet size is very important. Keep it small and you will keep bottom-end. To me, and i'm not a proclaimed expert, the Lexx is the best bang for the buck........Take it or leave it......
Back to top Go down
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Hey Guys
I wanted to give you an up date as it turns out while removing the after market intake I found that the vacuum hose that ran from the intake to the motor on the drivers side had broke off at the motor. you could not see it unless you removed it. also the intake had dirt in it all the way into the carb. ( I always cleaned the Filter ) so the stock box, filter, hoses are back on Carb cleaned motor sounds stronger But have to change oil and filter now. So thanks for all the help You Guys were right on the money. woo hoo
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Rhino X 2 wrote:
Hey Guys
I wanted to give you an up date as it turns out while removing the after market intake I found that the vacuum hose that ran from the intake to the motor on the drivers side had broke off at the motor. you could not see it unless you removed it. also the intake had dirt in it all the way into the carb. ( I always cleaned the Filter ) so the stock box, filter, hoses are back on Carb cleaned motor sounds stronger But have to change oil and filter now. So thanks for all the help You Guys were right on the money. woo hoo

Good deal!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Looking For Input Supert10here is one i found by supertrapp for the 660 rhino.i personally do not like the large turn down.but i have heard neither good or bad but dont get HMFs or the Trinitys.Here is a muzzy oneLooking For Input Muzzy10.. and here is a Dr.DLooking For Input Drd10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looking For Input Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Input   Looking For Input Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking For Input
Page 1 of 1