SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need light placement input

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Need light placement input Empty
PostSubject: Need light placement input   Need light placement input EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Just got a pair of Hella LED floods for my Cat and can't decide where to put them. I'm looking at the front bumper (stock) on the lower bar. Do you think it would be too muddy? Can't put them on the top of the bumper because the hood opens and it would restrict movement. Is there any problem with putting them high? Input please!!!!!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Need light placement input   Need light placement input EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:53 pm

I always wait till dark hot wire the lights then figure where I want them. Higher is almost always better for off road lights as far as visibility. With mine I don't have roof lights cause of clearance issues with loading and the fact I'd break them from either rolling or hitting a tree branch in about 5 mins Sad
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Need light placement input   Need light placement input EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Agree with 8 ball. Goose I have mine mounted in my bumper and really like the look of them mounted there. But after riding all day I always have to pour some water on them and clean them off before really using them at night. They would definitely put off better light mounted higher but where to mount them to be effective yet protected that is a good question.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Need light placement input   Need light placement input EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Goose..........not sure what your light's look like, but I have seen guys mount them on the right and left side of the upright center of the bumper just below the top section of the 2 bars.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Need light placement input   Need light placement input EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks guys I would like to put them high but as you have said I have clearance issues being so tall. Fox that may be the best option. Didn't think of that makes it easy just drill a hole.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Need light placement input   Need light placement input EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Goose wrote:
Thanks guys I would like to put them high but as you have said I have clearance issues being so tall. Fox that may be the best option. Didn't think of that makes it easy just drill a hole.
Thanks

Always happy to help, Goose Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Need light placement input   Need light placement input EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:49 pm

I've seen them mounted up on the uprights of the cage about 1/2 way up. Looks good there and shouldn't get knocked off. I've seen clamp mounts made just for that too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need light placement input   Need light placement input Empty

Back to top Go down

Need light placement input
Page 1 of 1