SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question on tires

Go down 
+6
STR8RZR
hillbuggy
RZR_Joe
Goose
crs
Gimpy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Anyone running the Pro Armor Crawlers or the Tensor Regulators that can get a good measurement with out the machine weight on them?  I don't have a lot of time to look at comparisons but from what I found they both seem like great tires.  I did see one post on RZR Forum where someone had the Tensor 30's that measured 28"+ instead of 30".  He might have measured after he had the machine weight on them.  I want the 14" x 30" but I don't want to end up with a 28" tire after I buy them.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Hay Gimp, don't worry about the Tensors.  They are true to size. It will be 30", on machine, with proper psi.  I made that same assumption, is also why i ordered 32" instead of 30". 10 psi, off machine, mounted on 7" wheel, measures 32". No air, mounted on same rim, weight of machine on it, 30". Ya you can tell tire is flat. If you need pics, i will try to do for you.
I like the tire so far. Side wall does flex. 10 psi, you might think you have a flat. If you spin them in mud,,,,,,be ready to be covered in clogs.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks Corey. I would like 32" on the XP900, but I better be safe and get 30".
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Good call. 32' will tax more than just your clutch set up. Just saying. Charles in LA might chime in on the true specs of the 30" Crawlers. If he doesn't, let me know. I will persuade him. lol! Ya Charles, I know you see this.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:29 am

crs wrote:
Good call. 32' will tax more than just your clutch set up. Just saying. Charles in LA might chime in on the true specs of the 30" Crawlers. If he doesn't, let me know. I will persuade him. lol!  Ya Charles, I know you see this.
roflmao I think Charles is kind of busy thatsright lol!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Goose wrote:
crs wrote:
Good call. 32' will tax more than just your clutch set up. Just saying. Charles in LA might chime in on the true specs of the 30" Crawlers. If he doesn't, let me know. I will persuade him. lol!  Ya Charles, I know you see this.
roflmao I think Charles is kind of busy thatsright lol!

What would Charles be busy at.... hump Question on tires 13435
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:04 pm

I have a new set of 34s Gimpy......make that 900 look badass lol!
Back to top Go down
hillbuggy
SSXSRider Member
hillbuggy

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:08 pm

I will try to measure my 30" Pro Armor Crawler tires tomorrow afternoon. I read that they are true to size but you never know until you measure them...
Back to top Go down
hillbuggy
SSXSRider Member
hillbuggy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:51 pm

What do you think about the EFX MotoClaw Radial Tire 30x10-14?  It looks interesting to me.  allright
Back to top Go down
hillbuggy
SSXSRider Member
hillbuggy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:00 am

I measured my 30" Pro Armor Crawler tires this morning.  With 10psi in them, they measure 29" with the full weight of the buggy on them.  With no weight, jacked up, they measure 30".  Hope this is what you were looking for.   beat
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:34 pm

I like the looks Charles. How are they on the trails we ride?
Back to top Go down
hillbuggy
SSXSRider Member
hillbuggy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Wish I knew how they ride. My buggy is brand new and has never been on a trail. The only thing that it has been on is a trailer on the way home from the dealer. That will change soon...
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 8:06 pm

hillbuggy wrote:
Wish I knew how they ride.  My buggy is brand new and has never been on a trail.  The only thing that it has been on is a trailer on the way home from the dealer.  That will change soon...

Let me know. I hate to give up my Rocktanes but I would like to go 30" soon.
Back to top Go down
hillbuggy
SSXSRider Member
hillbuggy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 9:13 pm

Gimpy, You could come to Mill Creek Arkansas with me in about two weeks and find out exactly what the tires are like.  RZR
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Check out the Maxxis Carnivores. A little more bite than the others u listed. My 32's weigh the same as a 28" roctanes. I love mine so far.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 10:04 pm

STR8RZR wrote:
Check out the Maxxis Carnivores. A little more bite than the others u listed. My 32's weigh the same as a 28" roctanes. I love mine so far.

Thanks, I'll check them out too.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 pm

STR8RZR wrote:
I think that will be my next pick
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:30 pm

I went to the local dealer to get an oil change kit for the XP 900 and looked at the Pro Armor Crawlers on the XP LE Trail Edition.  I like them and decided to go with them.  I bet they are going to COST ME A BUNCH?????????????
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:56 pm

I guess your buying new tires.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 6:50 am

drive
Back to top Go down
hillbuggy
SSXSRider Member
hillbuggy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 9:23 am

Who has the lowest price on them? Mail order?  I am asking because I need to buy a spare.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Man those are EXPENSIVE tires 😀
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 6:13 pm

I put the 30 inch Rocktanes on the General and they measure out at 30.5 inches with 12 psi inflation off the buggy, about 29 on the buggy.
Back to top Go down
pushrod 1
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-12-19

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 9:09 pm

I found a set of pro armor crawlers 30-10-14s for 188.05 ea.  from motosports on ebay last week. they are running around 197.00 here
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 9:37 pm

The ones I bought listed for $23,900.  I traded a 2010 RZRS and a 2012 RZR XP 900 and lots of cash for my tires (attached to the machine). thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question on tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on tires   Question on tires Empty

Back to top Go down

Question on tires
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next