SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The build begins .................

Go down 
+8
mking
moto92
Tiger Rag
ChrisC
shawnley1222
Foxfire
rubicon05
wvyankee2
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The build begins ................. Empty
PostSubject: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Thought I'd start a thread and document my build as it progresses along.
Night #1, cage, bed, hood and bedsides off. I'm going to give it a good wash-down tomorrow while it still runs. Weather permitting........

The build begins ................. 254v90k

The build begins ................. 2retjc0
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:32 pm

This should be cool
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:48 pm

May the Force be with you !! Tools drunken Tools rant2 Beer Tools Giterdone HatWave Pics
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 9:44 pm

looking forward to the details of the progress.....is that a power wheels rhino for the little guy.....thats awesome
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Going to be better than TV....or a good movie......can't wait for the next show!!!!!!!! hail clap
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:32 am

Eat
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Today did a little wash. Then onward I went. Deep into the bowels of the monster....

Exhaust, air-box,cvt exhaust, various hoses ect. gone. Cam-cover removed.

The build begins ................. I52nub

The build begins ................. 9hudeg
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:23 pm

Cam and gear, chain guide removed.

The build begins ................. 2w2mr1j
Head off!!!!!!!!!
The build begins ................. 34rap90
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Cylinder off.........
The build begins ................. 99ndki
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Now I see why the up-graded studs are a no-brainer. Guess which one is the stocker..........
The build begins ................. 30lgyh1
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:34 pm

New and old.........on to the machine-shop tomorrow. That's all I'm gonna do today....
The build begins ................. Xnvqyo
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:05 pm

I like this new mini series. cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:45 pm

Git- er- Done Pate.... cheers
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Rhino open heart surgery............i'm diggin it. bounce
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 pm

woo hoo a very nice mini series i'm already hooked
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Pretty cool to see already. Very interested to see your progress and most importantly your results.

What is your bore (kit) going to end up? 686?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Tiger Rag wrote:
Pretty cool to see already. Very interested to see your progress and most importantly your results.

Yes sir 686.
Did hours of cleaning today. Put new pads on all three corners and started stripping all the aweful Dupli-Color Truck-Bed lining off the cage. Remind me NEVER to paint anything with that sorry crap again............................But on a good note, it scrapes off easyly........

The build begins ................. 2wogbyf
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Eat
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:21 pm

That is a nice looking cage. Who makes it? I didn't know you were running an aftermarket cage previously. How are you going to coat it? Powder coat?
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 pm

ridepate wrote:
Tiger Rag wrote:

Yes sir 686.

I figured that would be the most reliable. There are a # of those builds out there with solid reliability. I've read a few when you get to the 727 that there can be some overheating issues. I guess it depends on the build though. Good luck on the build!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Eat HatWave Yahoo Thanks Prayer Looks good EZRA Wave news
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Tiger Rag wrote:
That is a nice looking cage. Who makes it? I didn't know you were running an aftermarket cage previously. How are you going to coat it? Powder coat?

Tiger it's from www.inducedfabrication.com . 4-inches lower than stock. I'm not going to P/C it. I'm gonna paint it with base-clear.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:09 pm

ridepate wrote:
Tiger Rag wrote:

Tiger it's from www.inducedfabrication.com . 4-inches lower than stock. I'm not going to P/C it. I'm gonna paint it with base-clear.

Thanks Jimbo.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Pate , i just know its going to be sweet
when your done...... cheers
Back to top Go down
mking
SSXSRider Member
mking

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Pate are you just putting in a piston or are you doing other things also i would suggest a web cam and a set of titanium valve springs have already been through all of this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. Empty

Back to top Go down

The build begins .................
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next