SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The build begins .................

Go down 
+8
mking
moto92
Tiger Rag
ChrisC
shawnley1222
Foxfire
rubicon05
wvyankee2
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The build begins ................. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:47 pm

mking wrote:
Pate are you just putting in a piston or are you doing other things also i would suggest a web cam and a set of titanium valve springs have already been through all of this

Got that covered m.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:11 pm

A lot more compression going to be put on that used stock crank and bearings, think they can stand it for long?
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Yup history says they will. I've done the research Gunny. I would not do it if I thought it wouldn't live. It's only 900 miles used, barely broke-in. No galling on the pin, common on 660 motors, no play in the rod and I'm not upping the compression on the extreme end either, anything above 11.75 and your asking for trouble IMO.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 11:08 am

you going to have it ready for wv?
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 2:22 pm

GunRunner wrote:
you going to have it ready for wv?

Oh yeah it should be back together next week. I'm just waiting on the cylinder to get done, hopefylly I'll get it back Friday.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:03 pm

what kit is that pate?
i seen the highlifter ad in magazines has the 686 for under $200. ive thought about it but dont want to get into something that might end up causeing more problems. i dont know much on the rhino big bores
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:06 pm

ridepate wrote:
Tiger Rag wrote:
That is a nice looking cage. Who makes it? I didn't know you were running an aftermarket cage previously. How are you going to coat it? Powder coat?

Tiger it's from www.inducedfabrication.com . 4-inches lower than stock. I'm not going to P/C it. I'm gonna paint it with base-clear.

where you located at pate? did they send it to you ready to install or was it a knock down kit. id really like to get one like that as im not looking to do any 4 seat conversions
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:50 pm

moto92 wrote:
what kit is that pate?
i seen the highlifter ad in magazines has the 686 for under $200. ive thought about it but dont want to get into something that might end up causeing more problems. i dont know much on the rhino big bores

Moto,
The studs for mine alone were $200.00. If they have one for that, I would not buy it. Mine was not a "kit". I put it together myself with what I wanted. In this case, cheap is not the route you want to go IMO.
A cheap bumper, O.K., but cheap motor-parts. No thanks.
Mine will come in at around 7 to 8 hundred when it is all said and done. That includes the exhaust. And thats with me doing the labor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:52 pm

moto92 wrote:
ridepate wrote:
Tiger Rag wrote:
That is a nice looking cage. Who makes it? I didn't know you were running an aftermarket cage previously. How are you going to coat it? Powder coat?

Tiger it's from www.inducedfabrication.com . 4-inches lower than stock. I'm not going to P/C it. I'm gonna paint it with base-clear.

where you located at pate? did they send it to you ready to install or was it a knock down kit. id really like to get one like that as im not looking to do any 4 seat conversions

Ga. welded and ready to install besides paint. They sent it Fed-Ex frieght from Az. shipping was at that time 300.00

Speaking of cages- got it sealed and ready for paint tonight
The build begins ................. - Page 2 21l379h
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Little paint........
The build begins ................. - Page 2 2wc02op
Clean bed.........
The build begins ................. - Page 2 2vaz408
The future........
The build begins ................. - Page 2 2ijkf90
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Looking good Pate..... allright
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Eat allright Eat
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:44 pm

I could be wrong, but that looks like 8's on the rear. suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:47 pm

I was just "spec-ing" you eagle-eye.................. suspect
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 pm

I think they would be great.........with 1" spacers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm

That is a 5+2 on the back (front).............Looks good tho. 8"s on my 2+5's............Nice...........................RZRoost!!!!!!!!!! muhaha
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Yea, I forgot about your offsets. I got 4.0+3.0 all around. I'm going with 8's on the rear with 1' spacers on my next tire set.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:09 pm

AhhhhhhAhhhhh There's one thing in one of the pics,your eagle-eye didn't catch....................It's there...........
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Man, that's lookin' sweet already !!
Kudos on the cage paint, I absolutely hate painting bars. Or patio furniture for that matter.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:29 pm

ridepate wrote:
AhhhhhhAhhhhh There's one thing in one of the pics,your eagle-eye didn't catch....................It's there...........

rear frame gusset DontKnow

a lift????
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
Man, that's lookin' sweet already !!
Kudos on the cage paint, I absolutely hate painting bars. Or patio furniture for that matter.

See those plants on the left???..They're dead from the fumes I'm sure......I'll get another beat "Why is everything in the garage silver?" Don't know hon.......... Laughing
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 pm

Pate, 8s on the rear 10s on the front? Weight, Roost, other advantages?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:32 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
Pate, 8s on the rear 10s on the front? Weight, Roost, other advantages?

No Dave, 8's all the way around.............Un-Sprung weight
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:33 pm

bush-rhino wrote:
ridepate wrote:

rear frame gusset DontKnow

a lift????

Nope.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:36 pm

New Lexx exhaust?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The build begins .................   The build begins ................. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The build begins .................
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next