SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

clutch kit for a rhino

Go down 
+2
Big-R
lawnboy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lawnboy

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-04

clutch kit for a rhino Empty
PostSubject: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:57 pm

im wanting to do a clutch kit on my rhino but i dunno what to get. i read all kinds of things about this persons clutch kit is better than the others. but which one is the best? should i just do the basic clutch kit for a rhino or should i do a sheave as well what should i do? ive talked to the people at trinity racing they say theirs is the best so does the people at alba action and so on. but whats yalls best opinion on doing a clutch setup for a rhino? im a mud rider and creek rider mainly and prolly gonna run a 28" mudlite.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:18 am

I am going to give you my $.02

I can't tell you which one is the best and if any one does they are full of poo . You would have to go out buy and test all the sheaves on the market. Then someone might be qualified to make that statement.

I bought a unleashed UTV sheave. I am very happy with it. I have more bottom end and less RPMs at cruising speed. Also it runs 50+ mph. If you want even more bottom end you can add a spring. We are going to put the unleashed UTV clutch kit (spring/sheave) and (just sheave) to the test this weekend. Therefore I will have another $.02 come Monday.
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:25 am

yea that would be great please keep me posted big-r on what you think bc thats what im mainly wanting is bottom to mid range grunt!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:32 am

What year Rhino do you have?
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:15 am

2007 rhino 660
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 am

the spring you mentioned in your first respnse i know some clutch kits come with different springs bc they're difference in stiffness. does the unleashed utv clutch kit the same way to were you have a choice of springs or does it come with just one spring?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:31 am

lawnboy wrote:
the spring you mentioned in your first respnse i know some clutch kits come with different springs bc they're difference in stiffness. does the unleashed utv clutch kit the same way to were you have a choice of springs or does it come with just one spring?

It comes with one spring if you get the kit. The kit is around $300ish -. I think the 660 needs a blue spring for more bottom end. It is a heaver spring that crates more torque...
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:37 am

ok well ill be looking forward to what you find out this weekend on the spring/sheave combo compared to just the sheave. ill be getting one or the other here soon
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:40 am

I think the sheave is a must. But I'll let everyone know what I think after this weekend.
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:43 am

ok thanks have you heard of changing the weights in the sheave to help?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:01 am

lawnboy wrote:
ok thanks have you heard of changing the weights in the sheave to help?

Yeah I have. Hunterworks is testing that idea now. I can't tell much info on weights. I just haven't test that DontKnow I think that is if you are really trying to fine tune the rhino.
Back to top Go down
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 am

IF you are stock motor then don't change anything except going with a machined sheave hopefully ours but real tests have proven no change makes it better with a stock motor.

I'm testing some changes with a built motor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:38 am

I've got a Orange-spring ordered. We'll see what it does.
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:03 am

hunterworks: if i go with just a machined sheave will i get better low end thats what im looking for? if i was to do the sheave and the clutch kit would that be a better combo?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:30 am

lawnboy wrote:
hunterworks: if i go with just a machined sheave will i get better low end thats what im looking for? if i was to do the sheave and the clutch kit would that be a better combo?

Todd does not machined out for bottom end. If you buy his sheave (note: hunterworks makes great products) then you might want to replace the spring. However, he can tell you better about his products then I. This man test a lot of ideas beat
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:42 am

ok so i will call him and talk to him about it. BIG-R id still like to know how your testing comes out after this weekend im gonna wait till next week to do something about the clutch and sheave. big-r what sheave and spring are you running?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:58 am

I put is an unleashed UTV sheave with a stock orange spring in my 08 700. Clay boy has the same sheave with a gold spring in a 700. The spring will be different in your 660.
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:21 am

oh ok thanks BIG-R
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:28 am

R you have a unleashed kit

Clay what sheave do you have?

Todd I have your sheave and I want more grunt(stock motor) think a spring would help?

07 660
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:53 am

shawnley1222 wrote:
R you have a unleashed kit

Clay what sheave do you have?

Todd I have your sheave and I want more grunt(stock motor) think a spring would help?

07 660

We are both running the Unleashed sheave. And yes, it is machined to provide more bottom end torque. I am running a heavier secondary spring to reduce clutch expansion in low to mid range.

We plan on running our 2 on some hills this weekend and see how they perform against each other. I am kinda slow, and have to see things with my own eyes, so this is the only way I can learn.
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:54 pm

i talked to todd at hunterworks and he told me since im looking for bottom end that the sheave is not what i need. he told me that i prolly ought to just run different weights and a clutch kit and to really get my bottom end is to do some motor work.
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:08 pm

BIG-R: howd the testing go this weekend testing the rhino with just a sheave and the rhino with a sheave and clutch kit?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:40 pm

lawnboy wrote:
BIG-R: howd the testing go this weekend testing the rhino with just a sheave and the rhino with a sheave and clutch kit?

I was impressed. The unleashed sheave has more B-E. It is noticeable but not huge. Where I could tell the difference is in long hill climbs. It seemed to keep power.

Now the sheave and spring has more grunt. IF you are looking for more climbing ability, this is the combination. It holds your RPMs higher allowing you to maintain even more pull then my sheave only.
Back to top Go down
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 am

Being devils advocate here. Did you guys put a stop watch on this?

I did a while back, little tires, big tires, uphill, flat ground and uphill. The stock stuff performed best every time.

A guy on Rhinoforums.net did a stopwatch test too and it his findings were less than a half second difference and that is his reaction time.

I personally don't want to sell some thing unless you KNOW it is different.

I still stand by my statement unless you change the motor a good bit the stock clutch set up can't be beat.

It would be to mine and Hunterworks advantage to say the opposite because we could sell clutch kits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 am

hunterworks wrote:
Being devils advocate here. Did you guys put a stop watch on this?

I did a while back, little tires, big tires, uphill, flat ground and uphill. The stock stuff performed best every time.

A guy on Rhinoforums.net did a stopwatch test too and it his findings were less than a half second difference and that is his reaction time..........

You can't feel the delay. However, I would agree there is one. The whole concept behind the spring is to hold higher rpm's. So you should have a delay in take off. But, it is hard to notice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino Empty

Back to top Go down

clutch kit for a rhino
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next