SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

clutch kit for a rhino

Go down 
+2
Big-R
lawnboy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 6:56 pm

I'm with Todd. This topic is old as dirt and has had many threads on Rhinoforum.

If you really want more low-end (below 10mph) power:

1. Bore it
2. Stroke It
3. Give it more compression
4. Use smaller tires
5. Put a Rotax in it.

Any of those are proven to work.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 8:30 pm

roamerr wrote:
I'm with Todd. This topic is old as dirt and has had many threads on Rhinoforum.

If you really want more low-end (below 10mph) power:

1. Bore it
2. Stroke It
3. Give it more compression
4. Use smaller tires
5. Put a Rotax in it.

Any of those are proven to work.

Well, this is not RF.net and someone has ask a question. This is a forum open for discussion.

I bought a Rhino for reliability. I put a sheave on for no other reason then lower RPM's and faster speed. It was a surprise to me that there was bottom end. However, it is not enough torque to blow you away. It just holds your RPMs long.

If someone really wants bottom end then you need to buy a RZR or a Teryx. That's what I would do before cracking the engine open. I am a firm believer that engine mods or engine replacement will cause problems in the future. Moreover, after modding your rhino out the wazoo zoo you still will not have the power of the two above.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:34 pm

No matter what I say I'm with you Big-R. I 100% agree that if you leave the engine alone it'll last alot longer. I just like to disagree. It's fun. Eat

Ride on....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Well, I'll chime in here. As far as a 660 goes anyway. The 686 up-grade has been a proven, reliable option for 660 owners. Now that being said, it has to be done right with the right parts.
Believe what you want, theres thousands of modified 660's out there with no problems at all. There's probably as many stock blow-ups than non-stockers. The stock wrist-pin has known oiling issues, period, and sooner or later will fail and if your lucky ,will only cost you a crank, but most of the time it's at wfo and takes the cases with it. The modified ones who did have a problem probably were not built right.
Back to top Go down
lawnboy

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm

well im gonna get the clutch kit anyways and prolly end up getting a sheave as well!!! thanks BIG-R for your help!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:23 pm

ridepate wrote:
Well, I'll chime in here. As far as a 660 goes anyway. The 686 up-grade has been a proven, reliable option for 660 owners. Now that being said, it has to be done right with the right parts.
Believe what you want, theres thousands of modified 660's out there with no problems at all. There's probably as many stock blow-ups than non-stockers. The stock wrist-pin has known oiling issues, period, and sooner or later will fail and if your lucky ,will only cost you a crank, but most of the time it's at wfo and takes the cases with it. The modified ones who did have a problem probably were not built right.

Hey pate, do you think the rest of the rhino can handle the power. I fear the diff's, axles and so on will start breaking because of the increased power.

Feedback

lawnboy wrote:
well im gonna get the clutch kit anyways and prolly end up getting a sheave as well!!! thanks BIG-R for your help!!!!

Your welcome
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:35 pm

Nah, It shouldnt be a problem Ronnie. I guess if you went wayy up with NOX and all that stuff, 727, turbo, ect., which the cases have to be fly-cut, then yeah your probably pushing the diffs to thier limit. I've seen people who consistently break diffs and axles with a stock-motor. It's all about finess really, some people can break an anvil with a rubber-hammer...........

When I was a 18 year-old so called hot-rodder, I had a Chevy Vega with a 350 in it, which at the time was the stuff., I ran the stock 4-cylinder rear-end because I could'nt afford to have a 12-bolt narrowed. I never broke it. It's all about your driving style really.
Back to top Go down
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm going to keep not getting a clutch kit and keep winning cross country races!!! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:33 am

hunterworks wrote:
I'm going to keep not getting a clutch kit and keep winning cross country races!!! LOL!!

No one said that the clutch kit was for going fast......
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Installed a Orange-secondary spring today............... shutup
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:06 am

Eat

If your orange spring is from EPI then is is equal to a stock 08 700 which should be a beast on a 660.
We had to bump up to the gold springs for the 08's.
Back to top Go down
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:21 am

Who said racing was going fast?

It is about acceleration no matter how fast you are going or what you are doing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clutch kit for a rhino   clutch kit for a rhino - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

clutch kit for a rhino
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2