SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working Empty
PostSubject: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 8:58 am

Just curious.......anyone on here have any experience with ceiling units in campers? I have a 15,000 BTU ac/heat pump in my trailer. The a/c works like a champ, but the heat does not seem to heat up hardly at all. I am just curious as to why. I payed the extra money to get the one with the same heat output as the a/c. I am not really understanding what the problem is. I hooked it to a 8,000 watt Honda generator and also hooked it to the house. It had the same result both times. I am getting a little irritated with it.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 am

How long have you left it running, I know heat pumps don't really blow hot air, it takes them a while to heat the space but they never blow hot.

I just have the heat strips in mine and it never feels like hot air but over time it heats the air just fine.
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 am

LT you might have the same prolbem I have with no insulation it can't start to keep up plus the thermoil unit in most air con .is generally good to around 40 degrees an up . I put several heaters in mine severl weeks back an could not get it above 48 degrees in side .
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:25 am

Well, I am just curious as to why they say it will put out 15,ooo BTUs of heat if it is not true. Kinda makes me wish I had not spent the extra 200 bucks. I will plug it in today again and let it run and see what it does.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:50 am

Chris, I can tell you 15K BTU's will NOT heat that trailer in the winter with no insulation. I had a 6x10 with no insulation and had to run a 18K BTU heater to keep it at any decent level when it was below 40 outside.
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 am

How fast are you running the fan across the heater, you might be cooling it faster than it can heat. Try a lower fan setting if you can.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 am

The heat portion does not have a fan setting. It is just a "heat" setting. Maybe I just had too high expectations.
Back to top Go down
Boliver
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Check the reverser switch,this is what it's called I think, it switches the unit from cold to hot or vice versa,on my house heat pump it went out,and It acted like you described..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working   Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working Empty

Back to top Go down

Carrier ceiling unit heat not really working
Page 1 of 1