SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions

Go down 
+8
Clayboy
ChrisC
AIRBORNE
wvyankee2
GunRunner
MarkW
Big-R
ClayW
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions Empty
PostSubject: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Well, the deal finder in me found a smokin deal on some tires and a warn 3.0 winch. $250 for the winch. Tires were even better price. Heres my question. I typically run on groomed trails and up at windrock/coal creek. Will prob run up to brimstone and harlan. Which would u keep... 27 inch ITP xtrs or 26 inch ITP Terracross? I have heard 27s can be hard on the running gear. I dont mudbog or crap like that. Chug holes on trails are about it. What would u do? I like the idea of the extra ground clearance for rock crawling. Dont care about top end. But dont wont to have significant low end power loss.

Clay :afro:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:50 pm

Terracrosses and Moose 2-inch lift would be my choice. Then your where you'd be with the 27's but with out the power-loss
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 pm

I would not go any bigger then 27". I have 26" and that is the biggest I wanted. However, If I had to chose between 27"XTRs or 26" Terracross, It is the XTRs NO DOUBT......
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 pm

26" Terra Cross

Lighter , Great traction, easier on equipment.

You'll never miss the inch.

M
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:53 pm

xtrs, are much more aggressive than terracross which are also known to be flat prone.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:56 pm

MarkW wrote:
26" Terra Cross

M

WTF Mark, I HAD a lot of respect for you........ Terra Cross Great traction scratch
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Big-R wrote:
MarkW wrote:
26" Terra Cross

M

WTF Mark, I HAD a lot of respect for you........ Terra Cross Great traction scratch

Terracross has much better traction than XTR's in certain situations. And much worse in others. Eat
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Yeah i swore i would never do 27s.... but for the price im getting these tires for makes it a easier decision.... somewhat. I did some comparisons. Im running 26inch mudlites. They weigh about the same as the 26inch terras. The 27inch xtrs on the front would weigh 5lbs more per tire, 8lbs per tire on the rear..... compared to the mudlites/terras. EZRA
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:19 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:

Terracross has much better traction than XTR's in certain situations. And much worse in others. Eat

Please tell us where?? Terracross tread looks very little more than stock tires. roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:24 pm

26 more pounds of un-sprung weight...............
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Yeah i know. I may throwem on and try them out. They are on stock wheels. Maybe i can tell the difference....
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:52 pm

For what Clay described his riding was and the pro's and cons, Terra's are the way to go in my opinion.

Less weight= more power.

No mud? Xtr's would be pointless.

Everytime I ride someone always has terra's, they go where everyone else goes. If it were me I'd save the wear and tear on my machine.

M
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:06 pm

I would go with the XTRs Clay...........smokin deal on all items though.......you are the deal finding king
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:27 am

I love 27 XTR's thay climb ,
when others must back up and get a running start... Eat
and yes that Extra inch does comes in handy.... Wink

That sounded perverted.... roflmao
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 am

I run 26" Terracross's,,,, Only advise I will give on the 2 choices is if you go with the Terra's you better buy a 30 pack of tire plugs, you will need them. You cant beat the ride of the Terra's, but you will be a pro at pluggin.
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 5:56 am

Remember though guys of the inch bigger you only actually go up 1/2 inch.

We've got 2 sets of terra in our group and they love them, do well in mud, hard pack, not much for rocks here.

Only had to plug one tire that had close to 2500 miles.
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Hell, save your money and get some of the GBC GRIM REAPERS...
BUT if you gotta decide on the others, go with the XTR's.
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Well I got them all today. I really like the 27" XTRs but im not 100% sold on running them. Dont know what Im going to do just yet. Will mull it over in the next few days. I guess my concern is running the 27s without tearing something up. Im pretty easy on my stuff. No mudholes or full throttle crazy crap up hills with rocks. Just dont want to break something. Mine is a 06 Rhino. Not quite as beefy a setup as the newer 700s. scratch
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Clay,
Come on up and we'll mount them..............You won't break anything. The 700 is not all that much "beefier".......... Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions 13435
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Well, with the 27's, you shouldnt tell much difference in the size
anyway... but when scaling thru something that puts a bind on the
tranny, you can always drop to low range..... I use my low range
a good bit... By doing so, I am lengthening the life of the belt....
no slipping yet. good luck with your new purchase.
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:57 pm

Do you think im gona loose any noticeable low end grunt?
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 pm

I DONT THINK YOU'LL REALLY NOTICE ANY BUT YOU MIGHT LOSE A TAD IN HIGH RANGE ....THE BIGGER TIRES WILL GIVE YOU A LITTLE EXTRA CLEARANCE AND IT'LL MAKE YOU A BIT FASTER ON TOP END... BUT LIKE I SAID EARLIER... WENT IN DOUBT, SHOVE IT IN LOW.(no pun intended)
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:41 pm

go 27s I run 29s nad havent broke anything with the drivetrain
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:00 pm

ClayW wrote:
Do you think im gona loose any noticeable low end grunt?

Clay , as we talked about. you will be fine.... allright
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 8:01 pm

JUST PUT THE THANGS THAT SIDE BY SIDE AND YOU'LL
FIND OUT... Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions 597455
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions   Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok got a smokin deal on some goods... Need opinions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next