SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhaust.....again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Exhaust.....again Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust.....again   Exhaust.....again EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:10 pm

I took myself for a short ride this afternoon and noticed my exhaust getting louder as I rode. As some know my exhaust broke into a couple of weeks ago. I welded it back together and it was doing fine....till today. However its not cracked at my crappy welding, as I thought it would be, but the header and the pipe separated where they join together. can. This is the part that surprised me. I gained 3 MPH on top end up to about 54 MPH. Now as I was riding in the woods it felt like I had some low and mid increases, but I thought that might be "loud placebo effect". Of course it was VERY loud. Once I hit 54 it made sense that I wasn't having loud placebo effects and there were some gains. Now the separation between the header and the pipe, is still ugh to allow some exhaust to make to and through the pipe. The low was better but the mid was enough to make me want to leave it like it is. But I wont. The reason I post this is to see if anyone has had this happen with the stock exhaust. And also to see if anyone has modified the stock pipe in some way. I ground the welds the the head and at the joint where the header and the pipe meet, just shortly after I bought mine. Any body have suggestions?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Exhaust.....again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust.....again   Exhaust.....again EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:13 pm

mine have been that way for a few years. i fix it and a few weeks later it leaks again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Exhaust.....again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust.....again   Exhaust.....again EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Never had that problem Dave?? You talking about where the header connects at the "U" to the muffler?? It has the asbestos "sleave" ? It comming apart there??
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Exhaust.....again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust.....again   Exhaust.....again EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Yes Pate.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Exhaust.....again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust.....again   Exhaust.....again EmptySun May 10, 2009 12:03 am

nocerisdave wrote:
Yes Pate.

I've seen that somewhere. Let me do some checking. You ever had the exhaust off of it??? There's something about the tightening sequence that will make that happen.....
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Exhaust.....again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust.....again   Exhaust.....again EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Yes its been off twice. Recently about a 4-5 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhaust.....again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust.....again   Exhaust.....again Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhaust.....again
Page 1 of 1