SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diff Oil Quick ckeck

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Diff Oil Quick ckeck Empty
PostSubject: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptySat May 16, 2009 3:05 pm

If you run high dollar synthetic diff oil you really don't need to change it that often, but you will want to check the quality of the oil and make sure it has not been contaminated by water or mud. My last ride consisted of 50% creek trails that were higher than normal, so I thought there would be a good chance that I had something in there that I did not want. Simple and easy way to check is to run your machine around the block then remove the fill plug (pug for R) then suck out a sample with this handy little oil checker I made. Squirt the sample into one of your wifes good white bowls (when she ain't home), and examine the oil looking for anything that don't look like diff oil. If you find something bad then change the oil right then! You can get everything needed at your local Tractor Supply for $5 or you can send me $25 and I will hook you up! Sorry for the shameless biz plug (pug for R) but I could not resist.

Diff Oil Quick ckeck 2009_0516diffcheck0003
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptySat May 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Awesome Clayboy, cheers thatsright

The Bluegrass UTV Tech-Tip of the Month. Tools I think we have a new hot thread started here. allright

And some Monthly updates on the newest Big-Rism's should always spice it up a bit. roflmao
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:57 pm

I love handy tips !! cheers
Dirt Chic has no nice white bowls in the kitchen... all are already in the garage !!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptySat May 16, 2009 6:26 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
I love handy tips !! cheers
Dirt Chic has no nice white bowls in the kitchen... all are already in the garage !!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Another tip for you DD is when you service the clutch, clean all the grease off by hand then put it in the dishwasher (when she ain't home) then re-grease and your done!!!!! thatsright thatsright

Would you please move the "Thats right" emoticon up to the top so I dont have to go look for it?
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptySat May 16, 2009 6:56 pm

As payment for the 2nd tip, the smiley shall rise like the Phoenix !! thatsright
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptySat May 16, 2009 7:36 pm

thatsright Thanks DD!!!! You da man!!!! thatsright thatsright

ATTT'S Right!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Good thinking Clay.....
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:24 am

I just use the end of a wire-tie, a black one.. Put a little bend in it, stick it in,pull it out, if theres any moisture, it will show. But as long as your checking, with whatever method, it's a good thing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:54 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
As payment for the 2nd tip, the smiley shall rise like the Phoenix !! thatsright

Like Joaquin? scratch Saw that one dude. Crashed and burned. Wasn't pretty. lol!

Diff Oil Quick ckeck JoaquinphoenixgDiff Oil Quick ckeck 400jphoenixmloccisano09
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diff Oil Quick ckeck   Diff Oil Quick ckeck Empty

Back to top Go down

Diff Oil Quick ckeck
Page 1 of 1