SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quad experts enlighten me

Go down 
+3
shawnley1222
ridepate
MarkW
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Quad experts enlighten me Empty
PostSubject: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:04 pm

I have an opportunity to buy a absolutely mint condition 2007 white and grey Yamaha 700 raptor Gytr sport quad, with full factory Gytr exhaust ( a supposed $1300 option ) the quad is perfect , ridden once on a trail and couple times to the shed type thing. 15 hrs tops. I've seen it and ridden it. It's perfect in every way.

Now, I would be buying this for my soon to be 12 yr old son. I know, I know, it's way to much for him right now ,but for the price , I would put it back for him for a couple of years. He has a 250 right now, so he's not doing without.

$ 4000.00

What you guys think?

M
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm sure since he's riding now Mark, he's probably good. But that is a very stout quad even for a 14 yr-old. A neighbor has a 660 Raptor, older but it scares the crap out of me even, and I was a hard-core quad racer at one time. Not quite as fast as a 450, but still fast. He on a sport 250 now?? Or just a utility machine??
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Sport.

My only hold back is the stoutness of it. He's big for an 11 yr old and pretty decent riding, as well as he can be to be so very closely monitored and watched over . I can throttle adjust it down some, not a whole lot. I know the machine, and when it was bought the guy paid over $8000 new, and now with no saddle time on it at all, I can get it for $4000

Nice thing is that he has the 250, I could hold the 700 as long as I deemed neccessary, start him on it in the yard and near by fields, break him in easy to the power.

Be the only quad my son would ever need.

Your very correct, scary strong and fast.

M
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 pm

just get it ride it yourself for a few years then pass it on... let him ride it around the yard every now and then let hoim get a feel then slowly let him ride it more and more often
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Since he's on a sport now, that's plus for sure. Sounds like a good deal, why not?? Go for it. But do you really think your going to be able to keep it away from him??? roflmao
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:52 pm

He will love it. Its not like the old 660 that was frontend light.
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 8:08 pm

For the time being I could tell him it was mine, he has the 250 and he is tickled pink. I wouldn't get on the damn thing, to much work.

I'm a slow and easy rhino, beer in hand, power steering type guy.

He goes everywhere I go now on the 250, just think it would save me money down the road when he does out grow the 250. Selling the 250 when he outgrows it, re-couping some cash, I would have $2500 or so in a practically new 2007 Gytr raptor 700 . ( pa pa bought the 250, so no investment there )

Plus the machine is in such pristine condition.

M
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:37 am

I would say it is a good deal. You could always buy it and resale it to make some money, if you think it is to much for him. Like you said it want be to long before he out grows the 250.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:46 pm

If he is a go fast kinda kid then the 700 is a waste of time in my opinion. You can buy him a full on 450cc race quad for less. Im sure it will have more ride time on it but it would have over 4k in suspension mods and another 2k in other chasis mods. I have several friends who have put 10k on top of the 7k for the quad and sold them for 4k in almost new condition and they never raced them. This is just my opinion. That is a good deal for that bike but I think if your son had a choice of that 700 raptor or
Quad experts enlighten me 2224867060103281168S500x500Q85
I think i know which way he would lean. Not to mention with all the suspension, chasis, and steering upgrades this bike is much safer.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:47 am

250R and 450R are a fine machine too, but the new Raptor being fuel injected and in that condition........it would be tough to pass up for that price, IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:51 am

MarkW wrote:

I'm a slow and easy rhino, beer in hand, power steering type guy.

M

That is code-word for CANDY-ASS thatsright Just kidding buddy!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quad experts enlighten me   Quad experts enlighten me Empty

Back to top Go down

Quad experts enlighten me
Page 1 of 1