SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation

Go down 
+8
GunRunner
S
wvyankee2
cajuncoot
DirtDawber
rhinomikey
ChrisC
Rhino Rob
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation Empty
PostSubject: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:20 pm

What i once thought was allright has now been proven to be wrong, Betty told me so.

When i first got my rhino i took camo duct tape to all the black surfaces to cammy out to the max degree. Now i want to sell but need to remove the faded and worn cammy tape.
Peeling it off it is leaving the gray gummy residue behind on the surface, what agent would be good to remove the residual glue ?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Rob , I use Goof off. it works well
and dont hurt the plastic.

Gunny knows of some stuff. he says even works better.
i am sure he will chime in shortly.

Chris..... allright
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:32 pm

You can most likely use WD40, I have used it for taking lots of residue off from stickers and what not.

I have also used the Goo gone and it works well also.

I have heard of people using Kerosene but have not tried it myself and don't know if it would have any effects on the plastic tubing.
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Denatured alcohol does good on lottsa of stuff like that too.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:42 pm

i use avon skin so soft it works great to remove goo and leaves the machine smellin sweat !!
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
i use avon skin so soft it works great to remove goo and leaves the machine smellin sweat !!

like my shorts after a long ride ? Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation 729242

sorry buddy when a softball is lobbed i usually swing Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation 971386
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 pm

uplaugh
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:54 pm

GooBeGone label remover. Menards cares it.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:05 pm

damn my bad i pitched that right down the middle !! should have been smellin SWEET !! ya got me bro but i will look for revenge lol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:00 pm

all the googone and that stuff is fine for light adhesive but its not strong enough to do that job well, go to autozone and look for a can of automotive adhesive remover made by 3m, it will take it off and not harm the plastic.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Mineral spirits will takes right off, without hurting the plastic.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:36 pm

Some 60 grit will work, but will take the camo off too!!!!!!!!! I know your pain. I did a old, and at the time didn't know it, valuable, .22 lever-action (saddle-pal), single-shot rifle from the 40's with that damn stuff.
I soaked it with WD-40 and got it all off...........after a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:08 am

cajuncoot wrote:
damn my bad i pitched that right down the middle !! should have been smellin SWEET !! ya got me bro but i will look for revenge lol!

bring it on tater tot Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation Ron_white_v9
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:13 am

Thanks guys i will look into the mineral spirits and 3m today.
Another use for wd 40, other than spraying on fish bait, it is basically the same stuff as bug and tar remover.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:38 am

ya got me rob and i will bow out to the masters , between you and tick ,sometimes i dont know who makes me chuckle more in a day .you guys add alot to the forum to keep us upbeat on a bad day . SERIOUSLY THANKS !!
Back to top Go down
Big Ed
SSXSRider Member
Big Ed

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:17 am

The 3M adhesive remover that Gunrunner mentioned is the best stuff I have used, and should work great with the duct tape residue.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:20 pm

did not find the 3m product and heard not to use the mineral spirits, they know i have a heavy hand. Did find this http://rust-oleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=389 rustoleum decal and adhesive remover...man its the shnizzle. 1 st spray took 80% of the goo, now letting the second spray set a few then wipe it off.

Cant compare it to 3m but this stuff does work good. I recommend it Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation 82565
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:
cajuncoot wrote:

like my shorts after a long ride ? Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation 729242

sorry buddy when a softball is lobbed i usually swing Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation 971386

ownedsm roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation   Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation Empty

Back to top Go down

Need ideas for getting out of a sticky situation
Page 1 of 1