SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

update in WR FORUM

Go down 
+5
wvyankee2
wrenchhead
GunRunner
Tellico450
rcmass
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 pm

there is an up date in the members only section about coal creek and the WRATV CLUB
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:24 pm

care to share here? does it pertain to the existence?

I dont know anything - not a member - but love ridign there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:46 pm

due to insurance,there will be no more Trail PATROL. the club nolonger has anything to due with Coal Creek .trail main or anything at this time.the club is going to start RIDING again
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:00 pm

rhinomcb wrote:
due to insurance,there will be no more Trail PATROL. the club nolonger has anything to due with Coal Creek .trail main or anything at this time.the club is going to start RIDING again

No more trail patrol? Well!
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:13 pm

wow. interesting.

From a non WR club member and someone who has ridden at Coal Creek a couple times - I never once saw a trail patrol anyway - and saw some pretty "interesting" things and people. All in all though - I think MOST people handle themselves and their rides respectively, plus Coal Creek is the only place I have ever been that has a trail patrol... Personally the most imprtant thing is the maintenance and where will the fees go and will they change?

Is anyone going to continue with maintenace? If not - lets ride there again soon and again before it gets bad Wink
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Coal creek hired 2 full time employe's that do nothing but trail mantanance, they were up there friday working. I personally think windrock has seen its better days as to atving. I dont consider it the best place to go as I once did. Its like anything, you cant do two things right and make them both great, they have run so many roads thru the place mining, recovering gas and now drilling for oil that the trails are all chopped up and not fun as they were, and you better watch your ass or somme big dump truck or cars and pickups will run you over. I will be looking for better places myself.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Coal creek has hired a crew to work the trails and bought more equipment to use there biggest thing is to get TDEC off there rear. they have vowed that it will be the best place to ride in the southeast when done I would say there is going to be some ups and downs but i do not see it closing they had also started a deal with new contracts that if they mess up a trail that they have to fix it back. For sure it is not the place it was in 2000 when i started riding there but it still has a lot of good riding areas that have not been opened yet and I think after they get TDEC off there backs we will see more trails open up that are not around the mining or drilling I rode Brimstone for the first time two weekends ago and it is like coal creek was but if they do not get control of the creek crossing they are going to end up in the same boat as coal creek
The treee huggers are orqanized and we are not just remember that .
Back to top Go down
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 8:42 pm

For those of you that have not heard yet, the Windrock ATV Club is officially back to being a riding Club only, as it was back in the year 2000 and before.

Ties have been cut with Coal Creek Ventures as of Monday morning.

Under the new contract that was being negotiated, Windrock ATV would have had to carry insurance on all work crews, trail patrol and equipment used on the mtn under the new agreement.
Not to mention more work would be added to bring the park into compliance for our members.

After checking rates and checking rates, the quotes obtained were going to run in the $200,000.00 per year range.
Yes that figure was, Two Hundered Thousand per year to be covered by our Club, not Coal Creek.

So, with that said, we are officially out fo the day to day operations at Coal Creek OHV Area and our equipment has been taken to a Knoxville Auction House to go on the block later this month.

www.powellauction.com - located on Clinton Hwy in north Knoxville will have its monthly Powersports Auction on - March 15th at 9:00am.
Our Polaris Rangers, Kawaski Mule and Kubota Tractor along with tools and other maint materials, will all be at this Auction

Coal Creek is now in charge of everything to do with the trails system from this day forward.
Windrock ATV will not be privey to information on the happenings any sooner than the rest of the ATV world nor answer complaints pertaining to the ride park.

WE ARE DONE - YIPEEEEE

Thanks goes out to all of you that helped our cause on the mtn over the years.

We will continue to do Club Rides, hold Benefits as time allows our member base and participate in Trade Shows and such.
Let the fun begin !!!!!

this was copied from another forum and was posted by Rinkidink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:09 pm

Tellico450 wrote:
rhinomcb wrote:

Was I right or what???? Take them sirens and radar-guns somewhere else!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:10 pm

ridepate wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:
rhinomcb wrote:

Was I right or what????

yes you were! Laughing The sheriff still patols the parking lot though.....he got on to me for driving to fast on my way in! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:30 pm

ridepate wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:
rhinomcb wrote:

did u guys see all of those crosses on the side of the road going up the mtn the other day???? those were not there because somebody got sick for riding to fast!!! next time u all go up that hill on the bluff side of the road ,ask urself whats going to happen if some idiot comes around those curves running way to fast and knocks u or a family member or a close friend off the side. :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 1:48 am

SO True have had it happen to us 3-4 times :evil: If i could have turned around a caught them one of us would have been going to the ER by Ambulance Exclamation maybe next time i can catch them Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:36 am

Tellico450 wrote:
.....he got on to me for driving to fast on my way in! LOL!

IN A FO-FIDDY Shocked

ha Wink
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:48 am

rhinomcb wrote:
ridepate wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:
rhinomcb wrote:

did u guys see all of those crosses on the side of the road going up the mtn the other day???? those were not there because somebody got sick for riding to fast!!! next time u all go up that hill on the bluff side of the road ,ask urself whats going to happen if some idiot comes around those curves running way to fast and knocks u or a family member or a close friend off the side. :D

My friends and I(Team Emerson) put up the first cross , it was for a boy on a sport quad who came flying down the hill to fast and went off the edge, the others I heard was a truck that went off also driving to fast. If coal creek was really worried about safety they would have put up a guard rail on P1 IMO.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 am

so i guess we dont need and state patrol on the highways then since they have guard rails!!!??? :D
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 pm

that may be going a lil far mcb Wink

Persoanlly, I have always lived, known and rode...AT MY OWN RISK. I know there have been accidents, but unfortunately that is a part of this - we read about it all the time.

As long as the riding spot isnt over come with drunk morons (ie just about any place on memorial day weekend), I prefer to ride a place without the "strictest" of rules and / or trail patrol. I think this may be a good thing for Coal Creek, and I always look forward to my time there.

just my $.02
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:37 pm

rcmass wrote:
that may be going a lil far mcb Wink

Persoanlly, I have always lived, known and rode...AT MY OWN RISK. I know there have been accidents, but unfortunately that is a part of this - we read about it all the time.

As long as the riding spot isnt over come with drunk morons (ie just about any place on memorial day weekend), I prefer to ride a place without the "strictest" of rules and / or trail patrol. I think this may be a good thing for Coal Creek, and I always look forward to my time there.

just my $.02

maybe Rolling Eyes but i have almost been hit several times before on the paved rd going up and down that mtn!!i guess u guys that ride up there a couple times a year dont see the problems.
u r right this sport is (ride at ur own risk) but when u have a bunch of fools riding drunk ur risk factor goes way up!!
every body has there .02 cents and mine is that with the tp gone at wr ,they will be alot of good people hurt because of the fools that want to ride there way where they want to and dont care who they hurt doing it!!most places dont need something like the tp,because they dont have the amount of people.
oh well .i guess we will see what happenes in the future :D
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 pm

I see your point as well and the paved road is a different story to me than the trails....also I why I camp at WR Campground and generalyl take the first trail to the right (2 maybe???) Boghorns are too expensive to run on pavement and I avoid it all cost.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 1:30 pm

rhinomcb wrote:
so i guess we dont need and state patrol on the highways then since they have guard rails!!!??? :D

I never said a word about not needing police or trail patrols to enforce the laws, but a guard rail might have saved those 3 lives. Think about this, three people have died in the same spot on P1 in 2 separate crashes, if it happed again, any lawyer in town could take coal creek to the cleaners for not doing anything to make that safer knowing it is a dangerous spot. IMO its just a matter of time till there are more cross's up there. I dont even like riding on p1 at all.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:11 pm

I don't like regulated trails Exclamation But, Being from West Virginia I'm not used to showing up at a trail head and seeing 1000 people affraid In riding up T-22 on Sunday, that trail begs me for more gas pedal. But, I was always aware that there would probably be someone coming the other way pale So, i definately understand the concerns for safety at Windrock. One thing I would like to say. No matter where i've ridin offroad, I have seen more courtesy and safety concerns by the riders on the trails by far than I see on the highways of America on any givin day, and the vast majority of the ones I ride are not regulated, like our highways are. We go offroad for many reasons, one being to get away from the Rules, regulation, and everyday rat race that we live in, and to enjoy our freedom that is slowly being takin away from us everyday here in America. When I see a Trail Patrol it kind of takes away from some of that experience. Just a little insight by me. maybe it's short sighted, but my .02.
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:21 pm

NO TP. No worries. Life will go on as usual. Now nobody should tell anybody what to do on their ride. Let each one of us use our own judgement on how we want to experience the rock. I personally have never seen a single Trail Patrol person. Coal Creek belongs to Coal Creek.......maybe they don't want anyone to get negative thoughts or from pushing people away with the Trail Patrol and strictness. I have no clue....all guesses. But I have read alot on Windrocks site about the negative side of the Trail Patrol. But as is with everything, there is good and bad with everything. I personally think overall with there no longer being Trail Patrol, it will grow. I had some friends here who almost didnt go because of the thought of Trail Patrol. So for some.....that may keep them from coming....and others will be even more encouraged. Just my .02 and that doesnt mean I am right!
Back to top Go down
rockbottom12

rockbottom12

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-03

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:44 pm

Tellico450 wrote:
NO TP. No worries. Life will go on as usual. Now nobody should tell anybody what to do on their ride. Let each one of us use our own judgement on how we want to experience the rock. I personally have never seen a single Trail Patrol person. Coal Creek belongs to Coal Creek.......maybe they don't want anyone to get negative thoughts or from pushing people away with the Trail Patrol and strictness. I have no clue....all guesses. But I have read alot on Windrocks site about the negative side of the Trail Patrol. But as is with everything, there is good and bad with everything. I personally think overall with there no longer being Trail Patrol, it will grow. I had some friends here who almost didnt go because of the thought of Trail Patrol. So for some.....that may keep them from coming....and others will be even more encouraged. Just my .02 and that doesnt mean I am right!

im gonna have to tell you, i disagree with you. trail patrol has been bashed by a handful of people who never have had a clue of what is really going on on the mountain or by the people who are causing the trouble. trail patrol has never stopped someone for their speed on a trail, only gravel roads and paved roads. if everyone actually used judgment the concept of using your own judgment would be great. but you can't tell me anyone who will drink and get behind the wheel of a vehicle where others are present are using good judgment. if they are i dont trust it. trail patrol has been chased off the roads because people had no respect for the rules that they agreed to and signed their name saying they would abide by the rules. if people don't want to ride somewhere because the rules they agreed to are enforced then they don't belong there. end of story. if you have rode there a lot you would see what has happened since before tp and how the mountain was during tp, and now how it is after. i don't believe that anyone who is actually informed about the situation is out here dogging them. get your facts strait. i am sick of people talking about how bad tp was.
Back to top Go down
rockbottom12

rockbottom12

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-03

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:45 pm

GunRunner wrote:
rhinomcb wrote:

I never said a word about not needing police or trail patrols to enforce the laws, but a guard rail might have saved those 3 lives. Think about this, three people have died in the same spot on P1 in 2 separate crashes, if it happed again, any lawyer in town could take coal creek to the cleaners for not doing anything to make that safer knowing it is a dangerous spot. IMO its just a matter of time till there are more cross's up there. I dont even like riding on p1 at all.
i have been told they dont have guard rails because of the windmills. the blades are one piece and when they brought them in they couldnt have them up.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:58 pm

rockbottom12 wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
rhinomcb wrote:

i have been told they dont have guard rails because of the windmills. the blades are one piece and when they brought them in they couldnt have them up.

They best better have a rock solid reason for not having one if anybody else flys off p1!
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:59 pm

rockbottom12 wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:

im gonna have to tell you, i disagree with you. trail patrol has been bashed by a handful of people who never have had a clue of what is really going on on the mountain or by the people who are causing the trouble. trail patrol has never stopped someone for their speed on a trail, only gravel roads and paved roads. if everyone actually used judgment the concept of using your own judgment would be great. but you can't tell me anyone who will drink and get behind the wheel of a vehicle where others are present are using good judgment. if they are i dont trust it. trail patrol has been chased off the roads because people had no respect for the rules that they agreed to and signed their name saying they would abide by the rules. if people don't want to ride somewhere because the rules they agreed to are enforced then they don't belong there. end of story. if you have rode there a lot you would see what has happened since before tp and how the mountain was during tp, and now how it is after. i don't believe that anyone who is actually informed about the situation is out here dogging them. get your facts strait. i am sick of people talking about how bad tp was.

Calm down rock........if you read my post correctly......I stated that those were my GUESSES.......that it DIDNT mean I was right. Also.......I was told FIRST HAND from someone about something from teh man that lives at the snack shack. He told someone on our last ride exactly why he thought there wasnt a trail patrol anymore. I would think he was as informed as any. So there is no need to get irritated at me when I straight up said that I have no clue......ALL guesses. As for me........I use my own judgement when I ride.....and I don't ride reckless or careless. I enjoy riding there......and as I said........there is good AND bad with everything.....no matter what. Also.....nobody here dogged them. This is a place to offere opinions......not facts. You on the other hand.......dogged me for offering an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

update in WR FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM Empty

Back to top Go down

update in WR FORUM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: