SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

update in WR FORUM

Go down 
+5
wvyankee2
wrenchhead
GunRunner
Tellico450
rcmass
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

update in WR FORUM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:00 pm

rockbottom12 wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:
NO TP. No worries. Life will go on as usual. Now nobody should tell anybody what to do on their ride. Let each one of us use our own judgement on how we want to experience the rock. I personally have never seen a single Trail Patrol person. Coal Creek belongs to Coal Creek.......maybe they don't want anyone to get negative thoughts or from pushing people away with the Trail Patrol and strictness. I have no clue....all guesses. But I have read alot on Windrocks site about the negative side of the Trail Patrol. But as is with everything, there is good and bad with everything. I personally think overall with there no longer being Trail Patrol, it will grow. I had some friends here who almost didnt go because of the thought of Trail Patrol. So for some.....that may keep them from coming....and others will be even more encouraged. Just my .02 and that doesnt mean I am right!

im gonna have to tell you, i disagree with you. trail patrol has been bashed by a handful of people who never have had a clue of what is really going on on the mountain or by the people who are causing the trouble. trail patrol has never stopped someone for their speed on a trail, only gravel roads and paved roads. if everyone actually used judgment the concept of using your own judgment would be great. but you can't tell me anyone who will drink and get behind the wheel of a vehicle where others are present are using good judgment. if they are i dont trust it. trail patrol has been chased off the roads because people had no respect for the rules that they agreed to and signed their name saying they would abide by the rules. if people don't want to ride somewhere because the rules they agreed to are enforced then they don't belong there. end of story. if you have rode there a lot you would see what has happened since before tp and how the mountain was during tp, and now how it is after. i don't believe that anyone who is actually informed about the situation is out here dogging them. get your facts strait. i am sick of people talking about how bad tp was.

Last edited by Tellico450 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:03 pm

i dont htink he was irratated with you 450 - I think he was irratated with folks bashing tp in general....

let me remind everyone in this topic - we all have our opinions - no one is bashing anyone if they are just stating their opinion...
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:06 pm

rcmass wrote:
i dont htink he was irratated with you 450 - I think he was irratated with folks bashing tp in general....

let me remind everyone in this topic - we all have our opinions - no one is bashing anyone if they are just stating their opinion...

Its all good mass......I had only heard a few things from the guy who lives at Windrock. No worries.....if I offended ANYONE.....ignore my post.
Back to top Go down
rockbottom12

rockbottom12

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:56 pm

well it isn't personal i like you tellico, but i am tired of rumors being passed on. i know pretty good and well why trail patrol is ended for the time being and i think that in some form it might come back, but with a completely different tone, it wont be from friendly club members. it is the "opinions" aka refried rumors that have tainted countless hours and dollars spent by people who love windrock and want others to be able to enjoy it as well. if you knew half of what i have seen you would never say anything against these guys. i know of a couple of rescues that would have never happened. lives saved and no im not only talking about perspective lives saved from speeding being stopped, i am talking about individuals who have had an accident and had it not been for tp rushing to the scene and getting back to meet the rescue squad, the individual may have never made it. i guess these rumors aren't being spread are they? the guy on 22 who flipped and they helped, the guy who got life starred out from trail 12? where tp got there 45 mins before the rescue squad did, where they transported rescue equip back and forth and showed rescue how to get there? guess that rumor isn't being told either? tellico you just happened to be the one who caught the brunt of my furry, i have listened to this same crap for to long. trust me im not personally upset with you, but you must understand where i am coming from, i hear all this crap, saying well im glad they are gone, now i can speed and not worry about it. well i hope you guys are really happy about it because i am sure the guy that was air lifted out up there hated the fact that windrock club had volunteers who were there to save his life. like i have said before gather all your facts before you come down on tp, they have not been paid one dollar for what they did. and they spent out of their pocket in gas and vehicle maintenance.
Back to top Go down
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Rockbottom
I agree with you and it makes me upset to read what people have said but unless they have rode this place as much as i have and worked these trails like I have they could not understand how much
the trail patrol was and is needed on the mtn .
Gunny just thought you might like to know other than the sport bike rider there was only one death in the truck the other two survived but one is messed up pretty bad the truck had died and they was tring to push start it but once it got going down the rode they could not get it in gear and it had power brakes they where young kids and paniced they was all throwed out and Mandy was the name of the girl that lost her life she was 18
Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi guys, This is a great site you have here, nice looking forum pages too.

I have read the posts listed here and I see that no one who was actually on the Trail Patrol has spoken up, so I will. I understand you guys all have your opinions and I won't dispute that, but I will tell you all what the facts here to help stop the needless rumors which are spreading from site to site...

The TP at Windrock was shut down for one reason and one reason only...insurance. Coal Creek would not foot the $200,000+ a year bill for the insurance required to protect the TP and Work Crews on the mountain, They told the Club they were spending huge amounts of money on the campground and Trail Maint. and weren't interested in spending any more on the insurance bill. There was no way we could go out and help rescue folks without some form of protection if something happened...so it was cancelled. CC actually wants the TP on the mountain because they have hard data showing the accident rate fell over 80% while the TP was on duty, there is no rumor here only fact...The TP worked.

I personally was on a couple of rescues where we did beat the rescue squad to the scene by 30 minutes or more, times when we would have (3) large ATV's pulled up to a steep drop-off with winch cables hooked to the rescuers and the victim...There are people who have had their lives saved by the team on the TP...no rumor, only fact...

The bad rap we got from the traffic situation was not warranted either, we had strict directions to only stop speeders and reckless drivers on the paved and gravel roads...we were to to only offer aid on the trails. We were never trying to diminish anyone's enjoyment of the place or trying to ruin anyone's day...We were trying to insure everyone made it home in one piece...And if anyone thinks we were trying to harass them on P1 coming down the hill, I'm sure there was a reason they were stopped, I never gave it a seconds thought as to what their opinion of me would be, I was only interested in keeping them safe and everyone else they were riding near safe as well...none of us were in it for the glory...there was none.

We all spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on fuel, hotels, strobes, etc. just to try and keep everyone safe and guarantee the other riders were kept safe from some of the dingbats who would show up every weekend. We never did much as far as checking permits, we left that to CC's two security guys. We just tried to help everyone we could, slow down the folks on P1 and offer alot of the "muscle" needed to rescue riders who had crashed...I'll promise you this, if we had rescued you or one of your familiy members, you'd have the same opinion of the TP that the folks we did rescue have...

The TP is non-existant now, I won't say another thing about it, I know from my experience, we did a good job, I don't care what the gum-flappers say, they weren't there, they don't know, they just talk to hear themselves speak...no rumor, just fact...

Ya'll have a great site, hope to see you all out there, safe and having fun...OD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:21 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
I don't like regulated trails Exclamation But, Being from West Virginia I'm not used to showing up at a trail head and seeing 1000 people affraid In riding up T-22 on Sunday, that trail begs me for more gas pedal. But, I was always aware that there would probably be someone coming the other way pale So, i definately understand the concerns for safety at Windrock. One thing I would like to say. No matter where i've ridin offroad, I have seen more courtesy and safety concerns by the riders on the trails by far than I see on the highways of America on any givin day, and the vast majority of the ones I ride are not regulated, like our highways are. We go offroad for many reasons, one being to get away from the Rules, regulation, and everyday rat race that we live in, and to enjoy our freedom that is slowly being takin away from us everyday here in America. When I see a Trail Patrol it kind of takes away from some of that experience. Just a little insight by me. maybe it's short sighted, but my .02.

I agree 110%. Here's my little snipe on it. No ,I'm not a regular at WR, I've been there 6 times since 04 and honestly have never seen anyone acting stupid. I've seen the inexperienced try to do things they should'nt, but hey that's part of the off-roading learning curve.
My problem with it is you give someone a little of what they think is authority, and they go way overboard thinking they are actual law-enforcement, which they are not and I will not pay any attention to some " wanna-be cop" if he takes the wrong approach with me period. The rescue stuff is fine and good and kudos for that, but the Barney-Fife stuff had to go.
Back to top Go down
daddy rabbit

daddy rabbit

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:01 pm

hey folks i know whenchead has loged more miles than me at W.R.i have 4000+ miles in last two and half years. was part of trail patrol.have been on the mountain when at least 3 deaths have occured pale was there when man fliped4x4 on trail#12 broke arm in two places&broke ribs. guy on trail #22 fliped and rolled several times on steep hill in all of these poor judgment or drinking or both were involved. our general policy on speeding on gravel &paved roads was talk to them at 30mph.I have clocked a cycle at 68mph on one wheel on paved road half way up mountain affraid did i pull his permit no but his word that he would not be a problem was good enough Exclamation the only way anybody got sent home was their mouth or (lack of consern for others) I don't tell u this to brag on anyone.but to let u know when the mountain become a greater liabilty than a proffit for Coal Creek it will be over. they are there to make MONEY cheers guess i was just kidding my self to think i could help save the place i love to ride. daddy rabbit
Back to top Go down
pnjoiler

pnjoiler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:43 pm

I ride Windrock frequently and have always appreciated the trail patrol. I thank god I've never had to use them but it was piece of mine knowing someone was in there if a accident happened. I always tried to donate money at the snack shack when we ate. I'm not trying to blow smoke up any ones butt but I have seen people get hurt badly while riding and I want you guys to know how much you are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:48 pm

how about this..........since I'm sure there are alot that have directed these shots at me, I won't say another word about it. I worked in the medical profession for 4 years in the ER. Trust me.....time is a critical thing, my hats off to all of you. I ride a Wilburns alot.......they have their own rescue team....and have flew people out of there. They give you a number to call in case of an emergency and before you know it the rescue team is there. There is no law enforcement type system....I like that system. However let me say this again........to all those who saved lives on the mountain, you have my thank you and my hat off to you in doing so. THe part where I wrote that I think it will be better without it.......I take that back....because the rescue was well worth it. I don't try to get into rumors about what happened here or there.....he said she said kindov stuff. Ive only heard of once incident. That is all and I won't comment my opinion anymore!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:28 am

OutlanderDan ,DaddyRabbit we appericate everything you and all the others did for the Mountain. I Am an EMTbeen one for several Years no i don't do for a living now but Still keep my Licensce Current. I also Worked 3-1/2 years in ER and Intensive Unit so TIME IS OF ESSENCE Exclamation You have the Golden Hour. every second counts in some cases difference between Life and Death so i always have everyones saftey in my Mind. always think if someone gets hurt while i'm working on them how long till Help Arrives? Now i will Worry More.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:53 am

wrenchhead wrote:
Rockbottom

Gunny just thought you might like to know other than the sport bike rider there was only one death in the truck the other two survived but one is messed up pretty bad the truck had died and they was tring to push start it but once it got going down the rode they could not get it in gear and it had power brakes they where young kids and paniced they was all throwed out and Mandy was the name of the girl that lost her life she was 18

Just saw 3 crosses figured 3 dead.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 10:08 am

Tele, the TP was not the rescue squad, they have a rescue squad or did have, the tp just assisted them.

Really all this is mute since there is no more trail patrol and coal creek has severed all ties with the windrock club. IMO windrock is on its way out, too many better places to go since they chopped it all up hunting gas,coal and oil. Ive had a year pass there since 04 and will not be buying another since I will only go back if this or another group ride decides to go there. Im sure the trail patrol did a good job and the only gripers are the ones that got called down for being idiots.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:37 pm

one of the crosses was put up by her mom and the other by here friends. I hope you do not give up on coal creek because it is not going anywhere I have this from a very good source.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 pm

coal creek is still one of my favorite places to ride and camp for a few days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update in WR FORUM   update in WR FORUM - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

update in WR FORUM
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2