SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?

Go down 
+7
roadiestar
Admin
Bobby D
Tiger Rag
Mudxtc
shawnley1222
roamerr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 1:54 pm

Ok I am officially a wuss. I like the Rhino but it definitely cramps my right leg. I've not purchased cars because there was no leg room and now I have a Rhino with less leg room than a 1970 Honda Civic. I end up driving my Rhino with my left foot or with my right foot resting on my left foot. If I am in really technical stuff or driving like a "bat out of he11" I don't think about it -- otherwise it drives me nuts. I enjoy my ATV more because of this one issue so I would really like to fix it.

Any good suggestions? I'm OK with the brake since I use it seldom but need something for the gas pedal. Is there a decent priced hand control kit? I looked at RhinoForums but the suggestions are so-so at best. Over time I may adjust to the Rhino gas pedla but for now it does take some of the fun away. I am only 6ft tall -- I really can not imagine if I was taller. I'm actually thinking there must be a way to use a grizzly thumb control.....
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 2:09 pm

i read someone saying the same over on rf but im 6'5" and my leg never bothers me..well so far
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 2:37 pm

I think there is a magic leg length where it would not be an issue. If I lay my left foot down and put my right heal on top of it I do not have much issue. At that point the back on my knee bend rests against the top of the console and supports the right leg.

I currently have three methods:

1. Drive normal with right foot (fine except in slow trail riding following others).

2. Lay right foot over and drive with left foot (more comfortable but odd).

3. Lay left foot under right foot and drive with right foot (not bad for awhile).

The issue seems to be that the pedal is high and difficult to use with just my toe -- it puts my ankle at an extreme angle without support.
Back to top Go down
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

Number of posts : 106

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Shocked I have never heard of this before, I am 6'1" and I dont have any problems whatsoever!
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:13 pm

roamerr wrote:

3. Lay left foot under right foot and drive with right foot (not bad for awhile)

Randy try my mat trick, it baisically simulates what you are doing above. I think I may put one more layer down. Just don't let the mat get on top of the petal.....lol....but you knew I was going to say that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:32 pm

I know exactly how to fix your problem....ride more Razz you will get use to it and maybe it won't bother you as much :idea:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Put hand controls on it!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Put blocks on your shoes lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 pm

roadiestar wrote:
Put blocks on your shoes lol!

Agreed, lol!
Back to top Go down
Killer Kodiak

Killer Kodiak

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm 6'2" , "all legs" and it bothers me sometimes, but what dosen't LOL. You should try a butt and/or lumbar cushion. Changing my positions helps me a lot.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Bobby D wrote:
I know exactly how to fix your problem....ride more Razz you will get use to it and maybe it won't bother you as much :idea:

ride more and wear boots ,mine bothered me alittle when i first got it.but is was only when i wore tennis shoes :D
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Try to extend the gas pedal down , or maybe a gas pedal from a old car that bolts to the floor. Just a couple of thoughs :idea: affraid
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 8:01 pm

The block on the heel is actually not a bad idea. When my foot is 4" higher it's not a problem. I've been wearing waders and that may exagerate it. I'll go looking around Lowe's , Advance Auto and WalMart for some ideas. I'll likely try a built up floor mat to help.

Then again when I am azz deep in mud, rocks, water, or WOT up a hill it's not a problem! I might just need to be more aggressive in my riding style! cheers
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 1:00 am

roamerr wrote:
The block on the heel is actually not a bad idea. When my foot is 4" higher it's not a problem. I've been wearing waders and that may exagerate it. I'll go looking around Lowe's , Advance Auto and WalMart for some ideas. I'll likely try a built up floor mat to help.

Then again when I am azz deep in mud, rocks, water, or WOT up a hill it's not a problem! I might just need to be more aggressive in my riding style! cheers

thats what i was gonna suggest next add more pedal and then less of an angle
Back to top Go down
utlover

utlover

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:00 am

Duct tape and a coffee can. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:30 am

PIMP SHOES!!! :afro:

It bother me lil on LONG rides - but not too bad - my back bothers me worse (but thats a longer story)

I am trying the PDS Gen 2 Seat Lowering bases and then maybe a new gas pedal (or a mod) - if that dont work - highback seats.

pretty much what we get for being alrge americans in a small japanese toy Wink
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:33 am

rcmass wrote:
....pretty much what we get for being alrge americans in a small japanese toy Wink

lol! im def way big for the rhino i always hit my knees gettin in and out on my steering wheel and have to wiggle my way in and out but it worth it :)
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:46 am

I hear ya - I want some nice full panel big boy doors - but I cant Bo and Luke Duke to get in anymore - need some that hinge but not $1000

I do over the free doors though - they never get opened and becasue those latches suck!!
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 am

soak em down with WD-40 and they work like a charm Wink
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:09 am

that aint the issue - they are just loosey goosey cheap latches - I just dont use em.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:17 am

ah well sometimes i do sometimes i dont never a set thing
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:30 am

So anybody find a way to fix this?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:38 pm

Check Unleashed out. He posted some cool replacement peddles for the Teryx over on his forum. They looked pretty sweet. Might give you an idea for the Rhino. :idea:
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 11:03 pm

I just made a thick mat for the floorboard that seemed to work pretty well last ride. I still plan on fabricating a larger bolt on accelerator that will extend it closer to the floor. Just haven't messed with it in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?   Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg...  Thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino gas Pedal hurts my right leg... Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1