SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fixing the moose!!!!

Go down 
+13
Foxfire
Wingman
cajuncoot
Showtime
ridepate
wvyankee2
WV Rider
Mud-and-Guts
Sporto
AIRBORNE
DirtDawber
Clayboy
Big-R
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:02 pm

You can see in the pics where it was starting to fail. The first pic is of the lift block. You can see where the tip of the screwdriver is at. The second pic, you can see on the top of the shock where the lift block was resting on the shock. The last pic is of my working space!!

Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 IMG_1047

Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 IMG_1046

Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 IMG_1048
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:29 pm

The lift is sweet!
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:44 pm

I don't know how old you are but it is safe to say "that lift is older than you"!!! It does make it nice to not have to lay on the ground to work on it.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 9:40 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
The lift is sweet!

Most deff. I will have some type of lift in the future for sure.

Yep, your lift was giving out on you. I have the same marks on my shocks. I hope you get some time too work on it.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:13 am

I fixed the Moose with a Tony's Toy's lift. I didnt have any problems with it the whole time I ran it.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:20 pm

DoddS wrote:
I fixed the Moose with a Tony's Toy's lift. I didnt have any problems with it the whole time I ran it.

The Tony's Toy lift is nice but I did not want to drill into the frame of the rhino. Now I have a really good moose lift with no holes in my frame.
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Finished up the Big-R moose lift mod last week. We will see how it does at Windrock this week. We are leaving in the am.

Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 IMG_1066
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Looks strong enough.

Have you ever checked to see just how much lift it yields? and whether the axles hit the frame with the wheels off the ground?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Looks good. Is it tighten up all the way? it looks wider and the shock then at the frame.

Wingman wrote:
Finished up the Big-R moose lift mod last week. We will see how it does at Windrock this week. We are leaving in the am.

Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 IMG_1066

The rear of my machine is 12.5" tot he skid. If you jack it up where the wheels are of the ground the axles do not touch the frame.

mud-and-guts wrote:
Looks strong enough.

Have you ever checked to see just how much lift it yields? and whether the axles hit the frame with the wheels off the ground?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:17 pm

Do you know what it measured before? Reason I ask I install a RDC lift on mine which yielded less than 1 inch lift and when I did the axles hit the frame when the shocks fully extended. I am thinking mine has just under 13 inches to the skid with no lift and no load.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:39 pm

mud-and-guts wrote:
Do you know what it measured before? Reason I ask I install a RDC lift on mine which yielded less than 1 inch lift and when I did the axles hit the frame when the shocks fully extended. I am thinking mine has just under 13 inches to the skid with no lift and no load.

Neal, that is a lot of lift with out a lift Laughing

I think the GC is measured at the down tubes in the middle of the machine. Now if you measure at that point I have about 13.5". At shock, it is 12.1". This is one of those little misleading things that manufactures do. It is kind of like a boat manufacturer tell you your boat is 26'. When it is really a 24' boat with a 2' swim platform attached.

Now, I have sport shocks with the springs about topped out. I am set up for a very smooth ride and I still have 12.5".
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

I always measure mine at the further most front and rear skids. My rear skid has almost 13 inches to the floor and my front has just under 11 inches to the floor.

I have the progressive shocks still set in the stock position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the moose!!!!   Fixing the moose!!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fixing the moose!!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3