SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hale Mountain OHV park

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Hale Mountain OHV park Empty
PostSubject: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Hey guy's. I was reading through some old post and found one about this park and thought I would chime in and tell you about it.My dad (Bill) and my brother (Glen)opened this place mid January last year. Bill (dad) has owned the land for about 25 years but it was Glen"s idea to open it to the public. Here in Alabama there's not any place to ride unless you either own land or know someone who does so I was thrilled about the idea. Yes it is small compared to what you guy's in Tenn. and WV have but then it's privately held by an old construction guy. currently the park has 400 acres but they are interested in acquiring an additional 1200 or so that adjoins the property. I know some of you are familiar with Wheelin in the country, and Woolys off road. Well the size is comparable but I believe that the level of difficulty and technicality of the trails at Hale Mountain far surpass either of these parks. Hale has lots of what I call crawler trails similar to the vids I've seen of the Stair steeps , some mud, several miles of moderate trails , and a network of main roads navigating the park. In short it's a good place to ride ,not strict, multi levals of difficulty , well positioned in north Alabama. You are required to sign a waiver and the cost is $10. per person per day
Primitive camping is free, and there is plenty of room for RV's however at this time there are no RV connections. The park is a work in progress as is the web site which incidentally is done by my brother in law in his spare time. He would love to here from you guy's about what you are looking for in the web site so any and all suggestions can be left there at contact us.

That being said I would like to invite anyone and everyone to be my guest any time. I'd be happy to guide anyone looking to do some riding at any level of difficulty. come for a day or camp and party either way I'm always ready to ride.

PS My girl friend and I are going to try and make it up for the end of march ride.

Thanks, Scott
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Hello Scott. I believe we have talked before over on RZRforum.net. I work out of Gurley and live in Laceys Spring. Thought I would post the link

http://www.halemountainohvpark.com/home.html

We will get up to check you guys out soon as Bball season ends.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:59 pm

ahh RZRSdave I presume . How's it going . Like I said before man , I'm ready just about any time. I just added allot of stuff last week and haven't been able to really go ride yet. All this bad weather has me antsy. By the way thanks for tellin me about this site thisrocks
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:40 pm

RZR is at KCs gettin the rear axles and diff replaced. Popo's paying for it. Its been there two weeks. I hope to have it back next week. Wouldn't be the first time I have been disappointed though. Rode the Rhino a lil last weekend. It just aint the same.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:30 pm

What did you do to blow the azz of your ride ? I got some occasional roller cage slippage in the front dif and mine is only 5 months old. PoPo wont put a holz cage in so I'm waiting till it blows out then me monkey wrench. I'll lose coverage of the dif but if it only lasts so short of a time why bother.I bought the 6 year no deductible warranty I guess it was worth it I've had 2 issues now that I'm handling this way. Hope you get yours back soon
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Axles both left and right have came out a couple of times. When I took it in I asked what they think happened. Well luckily there were two mechanics standing there and both agreed the axle clip had to have came out or broke. My question was where is the clip? Both agreed it had to be in the diff or already chewed up by the diff gears. So I mentioned that if the clip was in the gears what kind of damage would that do. They both agreed that the clip would do gear damage. Now I dont think that the diff would have been replaced if I hadnt brought up the clips. I bought it used from KCs with seven miles and a standard 90 day motor and drive train warranty. I got lucky, I guess, the axles decided to come out when they did.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:32 pm

The factory 6-month warranty transfers Dave. Or was it sold over 6-months ago?? But it's good you got one!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:56 pm

lucky lucky .Was it over 6 months old? you can buy the extended warranty up till then but not 1 day after.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Dunno when it was sold. Good info ill find out. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hale Mountain OHV park   Hale Mountain OHV park Empty

Back to top Go down

Hale Mountain OHV park
Page 1 of 1