SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!

Go down 
+13
GODAWGS
BCO
Clayboy
GunRunner
nocerisdave
Tellico450
rcmass
erskin18
broknbonz
Clutch
Big-R
wvyankee2
Admin
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:57 am

yes...bell county ky near pineville and middlesboro, right on the KY-TN-VA.

if you know where the cumberland gap is we are just a mile or two north of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollercrawlers.com
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:59 am

Big-R wrote:

BCO, I am not kidding. I will see you the 31st of may.

sounds good bud, looking forward to meeting you.

all money we raise on the ride for sean will go towards his 3 children who are now left without a dad...it was such a tragic way the way sean lost his life...we figure if our club can help out anyway we can, then we are going to. so were hoping to raise some money for his little ones.
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Hey BCO, can you post some driving directions for folks coming from the south, alabama, tennessee, georgia. definately wanna try to make this ride and camp. Cool thanks
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:49 pm

coming from the south you wanna take I75 north to northern TN until you get to the jacksboro/caryville/lafollette in exit (hwy 25W, hwy63)...take the exit and follow hwy 63 east through powell valley about 35-40 miles, youll end in harrogate TN and will come to a T fork...take a left youll go about 5 miles and go through cumberland gap tunnel and will be in middlesboro, ky. from middlesboro to the leaving place for ride for sean, go about 12 miles north on 25E towards pineville. right before pineville take a right on hwy 119. once there youll travel just a few miles and youll see the signs to the parking area.

heres a link to all the info youll need for the ride for sean

http://hollercrawlers.googlepages.com/rideforsean

as for the campout and sunday ride, that part of it thats reserved for members of holler crawlers, ridge runners, dirt riders, trailblazers, southern sxs riders and any other club member that is there...for that info just ask here, its not listed on our website or forum because i cant have 600 people at our barn lol. 100-200 tops probably. itll still be a cool party though Cool
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:19 pm

I will be there for sure! I think many for the Kentucky DirtRiders are planning on being there too.
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 3:53 pm

hell yeah CB sounds good i been looking forward to meeting yall.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 8:40 pm

Clayboy wrote:
I will be there for sure! I think many for the Kentucky DirtRiders are planning on being there too.

You want to try and hook up with the wife and me in Richmond. Then I can follow you there.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Wheelin wrote:
we gotta get another BIG ride up...I MISS MY FRIENDS lol!

I thought about

BRIMSTONE

Just a few Rolling Eyes

I vote for Brimstone on the june 20th, 21st or 22nd That is when we will be up from Florida and Yall could show us florida folk a good time Cool

PS. I dont know the story about Sean but I am sorry for his loss. Our vacation time has to be planned and I did not see this until now.
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 pm

thanks much

heres the story on sean for those that dont know

Bell County Deputy Pursifull laid to rest alongside K-9 partner King By Brandy Calvert/Senior Staff Writer Published: Monday, January 14, 2008 7:29 AM CST PINEVILLE — As a fallen deputy sheriff and his K-9 partner were laid to rest Sunday, Bell County came to a virtual standstill. Law enforcement officers from across the Commonwealth of Kentucky and from neighboring states, Tennessee and Virginia, filed into the Bell County High School gymnasium for the funeral service to honor Deputy Sheriff Sean Pursifull and his K-9 partner, King. A sea of uniform hats filled the inside arena, while outside, hundreds of law-enforcement vehicles awaited the funeral procession. Deputy Pursifull and K-9 Deputy King died on Thursday, Jan. 10, as a result of a high-speed chase and subsequent car crash. The incident remains under investigation by the Kentucky State Police. The two juveniles involved in the chase and crash have been charged with murder. Both teens pleaded not guilty during their closed arraignment in Bell District Court on Friday, Jan. 11. Deputy Pursifull was 31-years-old. He leaves behind a wife, two children, loving family members, friends, and a community that feels a great loss. * K-9 Deputy King was honored alongside Deputy Pursifull during the visitation. Later, the two were buried side-by-side in the Fuson Family Cemetery on Ky. Hwy. 92. Several K-9 officers were outside during the services, in honor of King. “Support has come in from all over the state of Kentucky and even further than that,” said Funeral Director Jason Steele with the Arnett & Steele Funeral Home. West Pineville Baptist Church Rev. David Peters officiated. He shared a story concerning Deputy Pursifull’s eager and optimistic attitude in his job. Peters said, when faced with a challenge, Deputy Pursifull met it head on and said, “Let’s go.” “Given all the particulars, it seemed so meaningless and so unfortunate,” Peters stated. “Folks, it doesn’t have to end like that. We have a job to do. That is to make sure that this death is not meaningless but that we use it to make some changes and to begin to live our individual lives with the same attitude that Sean had. The attitude is simply, ‘Let’s go.’” “He was a deputy with his whole heart,” Peters said of Deputy Pursifull. “He poured his whole heart into that uniform.” During Pursifull’s and King’s time together, three short years, they made 69 arrests. The two frequented area schools, including Bell County High School. Principal Jeff Saylor said that their visits made a significant impact on the drug-abuse problem at Bell High, emphasizing what a great loss is felt with the deaths of Pursifull and King. “We have a terrible drug problem and [Pursifull] was one of our soldiers that wanted to fight that problem,” Peters said. “He did his job. Not only that, but Sean was willing to pay the ultimate price.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 12:18 am

Ok guys..I guess i'll just pick a date in May? But im goin to put where we go to a vote
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:09 am

Sleep

Last edited by GunRunner on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Quote :
You want to try and hook up with the wife and me in Richmond. Then I can follow you there

Yea, Sounds good to me. Not sure of when we will be going, but will probably be 6:00am'ish.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:09 pm

remember second weekend in may is mothers day :flower:
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:35 pm

my vote is to make the Bell County Trooper Ride in KY the 3rd Soutehr SxS Club Ride!

Foolish not to.

FANTASTIC CAUSE! TONS OF PEOPLE. RIDING! What else could you ask for in club ride???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:38 pm

very true rcmass
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 5:16 pm

rcmass wrote:
my vote is to make the Bell County Trooper Ride in KY the 3rd Soutehr SxS Club Ride!

Foolish not to.

FANTASTIC CAUSE! TONS OF PEOPLE. RIDING! What else could you ask for in club ride???

plus we'll have a killer night ride and get together at my barn that night...break out the jars and guitars :D do some fishing, cook out, itll be a killer time.

hope yall decide to come!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Hey sounds good. dont know if I can make it , is that memorial day weekend? Either way sounds like a good plan for the 3rd ride.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 7:45 pm

ok..im going to put poll up for the ride!!!
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:26 pm

703.21 miles from my house to Middlesboro

703.21 / 16mpg Jeep pulling the Rhino (average) = 44 gallons of gas X
National avg $3.46 = $152.00 X 2 return trip = $304 + food, rhino gas, drinks $80 bucks thats if I camp. $380 :| . Dam that sounds like a good time but that to much for me. Plus its a 11 hour trip.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:28 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Hey sounds good. dont know if I can make it , is that memorial day weekend? Either way sounds like a good plan for the 3rd ride.

No, that's what I thought. Memorial day is the weekend before I think the 26th. Look at the calender.
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:02 pm

too far for me too Sad
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:22 am

Clutch wrote:
703.21 miles from my house to Middlesboro

703.21 / 16mpg Jeep pulling the Rhino (average) = 44 gallons of gas X
National avg $3.46 = $152.00 X 2 return trip = $304 + food, rhino gas, drinks $80 bucks thats if I camp. $380 :| . Dam that sounds like a good time but that to much for me. Plus its a 11 hour trip.

thats about the same for me 😢
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:49 am

it is a long way for some....we are one of the southern most cities in KY but its still a drive if you are coming from FL or extreme southern GA or bama...from northern GA or bama or southern TN its not that bad at all...for instance i can get to chatsworth GA in a little over 3 hours.
i know gas is eating up everyones wallets right now, i drive 2+ hours round trip everyday to work, so i feel your pain. thats why i was telling yall we'd cover dinner saturday evening and the guided riding is 100% free. really we're only about 45mins-1hour further than windrock. i hope yall can make it cause i promise you itll be some of the best fourwheeling youll do...and if yall cant make it this go around i understand, hopefully another time.
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 am

Well maybe there will be some rides closer to home in the future Sad
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:09 am

My vote would be Brimstone since I have never been and been wanting to ride there for several years.I'm leaving for Harlan April 25th for a 3 day ride with a buch of RZR's and it will be my fourth time there in about 18 months so Brimstone will get my vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!   Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southern SxS Riders 3rd Ride!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next