SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED

Go down 
+4
Big-R
utlover
Clutch
Dreth
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED Empty
PostSubject: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Can someone please confirm what these vents are for.
Whether they suck air or blow out.
How crucial is the air flow to the performance?

Thanks and Im sorry for being a pest lol!

What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED 2793787710103281168S500x500Q85

Last edited by Dreth on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Dreth wrote:
Can someone please confirm what these vents are for.
Whether they suck air or blow out.
How crucial is the air flow to the performance?

Thanks and Im sorry for being a pest lol!

scratch what vents
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 6:41 pm

Yeah What Vents scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Yall must be blind.....................there is a perfectly good picture now that i posted it lol!
Back to top Go down
utlover

utlover

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 7:34 pm

I think the bottom is cvt intake top exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 pm

utlover wrote:

That is what I thought too. I would like a few more responses to confirm it and I mainly need to know how crucial is the air flow to and from the belt housing. I have a sweet idea for a snorkle set up but I dont want to start the project until im sure.
Im NOT wanting to go deep water riding all the time but if I come to a deep creek crossing by golly I want to cross it.

I will need to run 2" pipe approx 4ft with 2 90 degree elbows. Will that restrict the flow? Or will it be ok?
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 9:40 pm

Yep bottom is the intake for your belt and the top is the exhaust for said belt.

Helpful hint If you every get water in it the belt it will slip (you can tell when you push the gas and the motor revs but you do not move very fast) There is a little plug under the bottom intake. It looks like a valve nob just pull it out it will come out easy and let the water drain out. Then drive around with the plug out for a wile and the belt will dry.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Clutch wrote:
Yep bottom is the intake for your belt and the top is the exhaust for said belt.

Helpful hint If you every get water in it the belt it will slip (you can tell when you push the gas and the motor revs but you do not move very fast) There is a little plug under the bottom intake. It looks like a valve nob just pull it out it will come out easy and let the water drain out. Then drive around with the plug out for a wile and the belt will dry.

Yep, Clutch is right on.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Clutch wrote:

yep he sure is right on it
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:20 pm

Dreth wrote:
utlover wrote:

That is what I thought too. I would like a few more responses to confirm it and I mainly need to know how crucial is the air flow to and from the belt housing. I have a sweet idea for a snorkle set up but I dont want to start the project until im sure.
Im NOT wanting to go deep water riding all the time but if I come to a deep creek crossing by golly I want to cross it.

I will need to run 2" pipe approx 4ft with 2 90 degree elbows. Will that restrict the flow? Or will it be ok?

2" will work even 1 1/2 will work on the CVT its just a vent. When and if you do the Carb intake 2" works the best.
Back to top Go down
moondog

moondog

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:48 pm

clutch is right, and if you ride in dusty conditions much you may want to add a filter to the lower vent.( raise the bed look at the bottom of the vent, there is a water trap, pull it off and see if it is full of dirt or dust, if it is put a filter on it. you dont want all that dirt and dust in your clutch and belt.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks. I was thinking about a filter but was undecided, now i will look more closely at adding it. I do plan on doing the air box too. Mainly to cut down on some of the cab noise. My buddy piped his under the hood but im thinking about putting mine

What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED 2539522920103281168S500x500Q85
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:15 pm

I will put the pipes behind the seats so i wont have to cut the center console. The stacks will be painted black and made easy to remove. I will not have to cut any stock parts in case i want to put it back. Comments please. It will have the big rig look with the stacks up each side.

What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED 2391199560103281168S500x500Q85
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Will it hurt to tie the intake air and intake belt in the same 2" line so i only have to have 2 stacks?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:35 pm

Will work fine :) Just got to watch the Pipes if outside your cage as they can get hooked on tree limbs, logs well you know what i mean Laughing
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 8:12 am

looks ggod andi haveseen the pipes taken up the frame before...

i will give you a few things to think about....

2" pipe all the way...dont skimp...

try to put as few bends as possible - especially for the engine and belt intake....

rejetting and/or carb adjustments may be necessary....

if you are running the snorkel - i would also recommend billet intake for the filter....gives a bit more flow....remember to silicon it.

ggod luck - post pics...i like the drawings on the photos - wish i would've done that...
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:02 am

rcmass wrote:
looks ggod andi haveseen the pipes taken up the frame before...

i will give you a few things to think about....

2" pipe all the way...dont skimp...

try to put as few bends as possible - especially for the engine and belt intake....

rejetting and/or carb adjustments may be necessary....

if you are running the snorkel - i would also recommend billet intake for the filter....gives a bit more flow....remember to silicon it.

ggod luck - post pics...i like the drawings on the photos - wish i would've done that...

RC, Where can i get a billet intake. I planned on, or thought about , doing away with the air filter in the air box because it is so hard to get to and run a new and larger filter at the top of the stacks for easier maintenance. Will this still require the billet intake?
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:58 am

this is where I got mine - but there are a ton of places that sell them....

http://www.utvpowersports.com/inc/sdetail/225

and here is a great price on a decent winch

http://www.utvpowersports.com/inc/sdetail/381
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:08 am

RSRRhino wrote:
Just got to watch the Pipes if outside your cage as they can get hooked on tree limbs, logs well you know what i mean Laughing

I agree with RSRRhino. PVC pipe out side the cage will not work. Maybe if you ride on just the beach with no trees. You will diffidently rip off those pipes when you get in the woods 😢 No affraid
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 pm

rcmass wrote:
this is where I got mine - but there are a ton of places that sell them....

http://www.utvpowersports.com/inc/sdetail/225

and here is a great price on a decent winch

http://www.utvpowersports.com/inc/sdetail/381

Thanks for the link. I already have a winch so that link is not needed.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:23 pm

Big-R wrote:
RSRRhino wrote:
Just got to watch the Pipes if outside your cage as they can get hooked on tree limbs, logs well you know what i mean Laughing

I agree with RSRRhino. PVC pipe out side the cage will not work. Maybe if you ride on just the beach with no trees. You will diffidently rip off those pipes when you get in the woods 😢 No affraid

You dont feel that the pipes could be secured good enough to hold? I have no intentions of slamming my cage into trees. If it wont fit , I aint going lol! We purchased this machine to haul the family and look good doing it. We dont want to scratch it up. I do appreciate the concern and I will take extra care in securing the pipes if i go that route.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:32 pm

I never had intentions of slamming my machine into anything. However, I promise you it will happen sooner or latter. If you ride open trail and that's it you might be OK. But, you will bust those pipes off if you going riding with any of us with out women or children Twisted Evil

I am rough on my machine and maybe you'll be OK. Just trying to say things happen you don't expect.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Big R does have a point - but I have seen this done successfully - even with folks that trail ride....

fasten them to the rear of the pipe = let the frame protect it in the front....some nerf bars would also help the bottom knuckle
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Point taken. I dont drive the rhino unless the wife is with me. I am a sport atv rider at heart. The rhino is for family days. I will take extra caution while riding and in mounting.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Big-R wrote:
I never had intentions of slamming my machine into anything. However, I promise you it will happen sooner or latter. If you ride open trail and that's it you might be OK. But, you will bust those pipes off if you going riding with any of us with out women or children Twisted Evil

I am rough on my machine and maybe you'll be OK. Just trying to say things happen you don't expect.

You need to make a trip to WV. I'll take ya on a 70 mile offroad rally cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED   What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED Empty

Back to top Go down

What do these do? SNORKEL IDEAS ADDED
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next