SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aftermarket ball joints

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Aftermarket ball joints Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket ball joints   Aftermarket ball joints EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Anyone running aftermarket Balljoints? You might want to check the boots if you have not done so lately......

I say this because I recently purchased a set of Cognito Motorsports Heavy Duty Spindles which came pre-fitted with lower balljoints that have removeable grease boots(I do not know the brand). Shortly after install I found one of the boots to be busted all the way around which I figured was a fluke so I purchased a new one from Yamaha. I got out today to replace the one ball joint and found the other side was the same way so I pressed one of the old balljoints from the stock spindles and installed it in that spindle.

From what I can tell by looking it appears that maybe the boot was to tight or soft and busted in normal range of movement in the frontend....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/

Aftermarket ball joints
Page 1 of 1