SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stereo Ideas

Go down 
+4
GODAWGS
wvyankee2
Bad Behavior
Big-R
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

stereo - Stereo Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:06 am

wvyankee2 got me thinking with his "I am rocking now" post. Many of us have tunes in our rides. Lets post up our stereo ideas to help anyone trying to get sound in their rides. Here is mine.

I compared different ways of rigging good sound in the rhino. You can do what I did for a little less money but not much. My i-pod hook up charges when you listen and my amp is 240w. You can get a i-pod kit with amp and volume knob for about $160.00 bucks. But it does not charge the i-pod and the amp is 50w. So, I did it my own way and this is what it cost approximately (with out the i-pod).

AMP $42.00 with shipping
Amp wire kit $16.00
Volume knob and i-pod hook up $70.00
Speaker bar $189.95
i-pod mount $30.00
Ground loop isolator $15.00
Cut finger cussing, plain aggravation of installing no charge.

$362.95 latter I have great sound Wink

stereo - Stereo Ideas Rhinosnow002vh5
stereo - Stereo Ideas Rhinosnow008tg2

This is the only pic I can find of the speaker bar.
stereo - Stereo Ideas Rhinosnow018ye9
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:20 am

stereo - Stereo Ideas Rhino005

stereo - Stereo Ideas Rhino007

stereo - Stereo Ideas Rhino009

Pioneer Head Unit - $99
Extreme metal Products enclosure - $89
SSV Works front speakers & pods - $299
Vertically Driven Products rear speaker wedge - $159
Cheap rubber antenna mounted under hood - $8
Install - My time

$654 - total Not the most cost conservative route, but I am very pleaased with the outcome. rebel
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:37 am

Good Thread guys, Keep em coming. woo hoo
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:48 am

Those are some sweet setups!!! rebel

I love that smiley!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Hey BigR..Im getting ready to do mine now..Im kinda goin that route but im putting 2 6.5 and a 10'' sub in the back Twisted Evil

got a ?..where did you get the ipod holder so it will charge..I was just goin to run my ipod straight to the amp but i'll have no charge then?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:36 pm

Wheelin wrote:
Hey BigR..Im getting ready to do mine now..Im kinda goin that route but im putting 2 6.5 and a 10'' sub in the back Twisted Evil

got a ?..where did you get the ipod holder so it will charge..I was just goin to run my ipod straight to the amp but i'll have no charge then?

Wheelin,

Go to your local car audio shop. Explain to them what you are doing and they should have the i-pod hook up. You will have to buy a i-pod mount separately. I bought my i-pod mount at Meyer.

i-pod hook up:
stereo - Stereo Ideas Brents036bv1

volume knob:
stereo - Stereo Ideas Brents037tv5

This is the mount. It is a mount for a belt clip and I rig it with some screws. You can buy a built mount for the same price but it does not cover the i-pod.
stereo - Stereo Ideas Brents038xq0
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:39 pm

cool..thanks
cheers
Back to top Go down
utlover

utlover

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 11:06 am

Ipod, 400 watt amp 6x9 infinity speakers. and a volume knob. Ipod plugs into the amp havent needed to run a charger yet.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 11:24 am

utlover wrote:
Ipod, 400 watt amp 6x9 infinity speakers. and a volume knob. Ipod plugs into the amp havent needed to run a charger yet.
Glad to hear that about the charger. I was wondering how the draw would be. If it didn't bother your 400, I know it wont bother it with my 240.
Back to top Go down
05ktm

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:19 pm

I have just ordered some audio componants this evening. I ordered a pyle 4 channel 400 watt marine amp, a hunterworks sound bar, and 2 ssv 6.5's that mount under the dash on the firewall. This will be a ipod set up. I will try to post photos after I get it all installed. The only concern that I have is the 400 watt amp may put a strain on the stock battery. What you all think? I would be willing to upgrade to two batterys but I would rather not.

utlover - I see you have a 400 watt amp, are you running your stock battery? If so how is it holding up?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:39 pm

05ktm wrote:
I have just ordered some audio componants this evening. I ordered a pyle 4 channel 400 watt marine amp, a hunterworks sound bar, and 2 ssv 6.5's that mount under the dash on the firewall. This will be a ipod set up. I will try to post photos after I get it all installed. The only concern that I have is the 400 watt amp may put a strain on the stock battery. What you all think? I would be willing to upgrade to two batterys but I would rather not.

utlover - I see you have a 400 watt amp, are you running your stock battery? If so how is it holding up?

Stocker will be fine as long as you don't have to many other things running on it.
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:51 pm

i have an overhead stereo unit with 2 speakers. The speakers are right over your head, so it's plenty loud......i have about 300 bucks wrapped up in including CD player and marine enclosure. I ordered another docking station for my Sirius so i don't have to take the whole thing in/out of my truck everytime.....
[img]stereo - Stereo Ideas 100_1134[/img][img]stereo - Stereo Ideas 100_1135[/img]
Back to top Go down
utlover

utlover

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 5:49 pm

No problem so far on the stock setup. Dont know how lights will affect it when running both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Ideas   stereo - Stereo Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Stereo Ideas
Page 1 of 1