SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SS108 offset versus factory offset

Go down 
+2
shawnley1222
AIRBORNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

SS108 offset  versus factory offset Empty
PostSubject: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:33 pm

I was just wondering ........I looked at ITP homepage. The offset is 5+2 for the SS108. Combine this with the 26-9-12(F) and 26-12-12(R), do you guys think this would suffice? I am torn between wheel spacers and different wheels. I have the tires sitting at the house, and was going to mount them on the factory rims, but if the offset of the rims is enough, I may just buy the wheels. I found them for 280 shipped. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:39 pm

i think i would rather have new whels than spacers IMO i cant tell u from experience though :D
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:41 pm

Go with new wheels but instead of spacers you can get a 2+5 offset adn skip the the spacers completly :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptyFri May 09, 2008 11:09 pm

i've got the black 108SS in a 2+5 offset(all 4 wheels)... i love em. I feel really stable on off camber climbs or off camber anything really. and corning becomes sliding instead of rolling... which is nice.

i've got a one inch spacer on the back so the front and back are on the same line.

I think i posted this info already on here, but i'll say it again: i started with Stock SE wheels with 2 1/2 spacers and i was always paranoid that the spacers would come loose or the wheel would come loose from the spacer. so.... i decided to get the off set 108's. solid decision in my book.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptySat May 10, 2008 12:38 am

I looked at going with the same setup, but Im too cheap. One thing I considered when looking at spacers was the fact that the further you put the wheel itself from the brake caliper and disc, the more you increase the chance of damage to them. That inside hub of the rim protects the brakes calipers and discs. I would go with the rims instead of spacers. I also would assume that there is added stress with spacers more so than the rims would have, just a guess though, on suppension and related parts.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:04 am

Ive got the same as wheels
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptySat May 10, 2008 3:43 am

I appreciate all the good feedback! I went ahead and ordered the black 108s, 5x2 offset, and ordered 1 set of 1" spacers for the rear. I am going to running 26-9-12 and 26-12-12 tires. It made sense for me to go with this offset so they will bolt right up to the King Quad if I would decide to go with something different on the Rhino later. My original plan was 108s for the King, but then I thought about it. This way, I will be able to try this combination on the Rhino without the fear of losing a bunch of money if it is not what I want....it was what I wanted for the King anyway. Always thinking of future possibilities.... lol!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptySat May 10, 2008 8:34 am

5+2 on the fron and rear will be far more stable than stock... and 1" spacers on the rear will make it ideal (IMO)

I know w few folks that have run 2+5 all the way around - and again - it truly depends on the riding YOU do... 2+5 all the way around for me would cause more harm than good - too wide and too much bump steer for me.

having the king quad to put parts on from the rhino that dont quite give you the results you want will help!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset EmptySun May 11, 2008 7:05 pm

rcmass wrote:
5+2 on the fron and rear will be far more stable than stock... and 1" spacers on the rear will make it ideal (IMO)

I know w few folks that have run 2+5 all the way around - and again - it truly depends on the riding YOU do... 2+5 all the way around for me would cause more harm than good - too wide and too much bump steer for me.

having the king quad to put parts on from the rhino that dont quite give you the results you want will help!

Yep, I like the 5+2 also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SS108 offset versus factory offset   SS108 offset  versus factory offset Empty

Back to top Go down

SS108 offset versus factory offset
Page 1 of 1