SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ricochet skids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ar15a2

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-04-22

ricochet skids Empty
PostSubject: ricochet skids   ricochet skids EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:24 pm

a while ago i decided on ricochet skids for my teryx. the reason was they are 1/4 in thick and had all the service holes for oil changes etc.i got the a arm guards too,it all comes as a set. not too bad price either. install went ok, only stripped one rev nut which was my fault for not making sure there was no sand in it.self driller solved that. the front skid plate had the hole pattern ,which is same as stock ,punched backwards which didnt line up with the front diff drain. i called,guy was very nice said he would check it out and right away sent a new one. it was the same as the first one. called again,very nice again, turns out he had screwed up on his pattern and every one he ever sold was backwards,i was first to notice. he sent a new correct one. anyone else have these skids on a teryx?the a arm guards clamp on instead of using factory mounting holes,any trouble with this set up? i did have to trim the a arm guards. guess thats why instructions said check for rubbing lol.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

ricochet skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: ricochet skids   ricochet skids EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:49 pm

I have the Ricochet skid for the rear only. Have the Kawasaki OEMs for the front and middle. Yes, i have to remove my rear skid for rear diff fluid change. Front OEM do not. The access hole is on the wrong side of the rear too. He must have made the entire set in mirror image. lol!
Back to top Go down
ar15a2

ricochet skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: ricochet skids   ricochet skids EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:40 am

i dont remember the rear skid i got being any different than stock. after noticing the front one right off the bat i checked them all. the oil change holes are in the right spot. theyre nice skids. plenty tough. i broke my center oem skid ,is why i bought them all. there coulda been liquor involved. i was too loaded to remember very well.
Back to top Go down
ar15a2

ricochet skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: ricochet skids   ricochet skids EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:06 pm

checked out that rear skid. the ricochet holes dont line up,lol. doesnt look like the stock plate did either though. not a good layout as far as being able to cut a hole without weakening the skid,looks like. looks like maybe you could get a wrench on it from the back? oh well find out when the time comes i guess.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

ricochet skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: ricochet skids   ricochet skids EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:57 pm

ar15a2 wrote:
checked out that rear skid. the ricochet holes dont line up,lol. doesnt look like the stock plate did either though. not a good layout as far as being able to cut a hole without weakening the skid,looks like. looks like maybe you could get a wrench on it from the back? oh well find out when the time comes i guess.

Not really a big deal. Takes about a minute to drop the skid for the rear oil change. My dealer recommended changing that rear diff oil with every oil change. I changed mine at 300 miles. Was amazed at how dirty it was. Guess from the rear brake dust in the oil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ricochet skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: ricochet skids   ricochet skids Empty

Back to top Go down

ricochet skids
Page 1 of 1