SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What have you done to your SidexSide this week?

Go down 
+110
Paverdaddy
xjcrawler
DirtDawber
ilikedirt
Justinl901
toradi2
hillbuggy
DrMud
crs
Pete 1K
pushrod 1
jerrzr
Hiteckredneckxp
RedNeckRanger
STR8RZR
Cole2525
rocker27
girdlerrzr
chadboehne
Reeko
Raccer
billybob
Bill B
reevesr
T.napier93
HillbillyJon
Bigmike
BigMotts
BluDevil
DoddS
hutch
yellow660
jhoncho4x4
seweljj
justlill
bonzo
oldmustangjunkie
wvregulators
MIKE_D
spidy
rzrrider1
CatMostFeared
aweisgarber
muddy-one
Cuz
njcraddock
southernkyrzr4
TNrzrs
GEEROD
pitbull8151
Baditude
theshane_79
Go4low
Stakk
Hollon
PORKCHOP
RZRS-EDGE
S
orangecrush
Stench
hillbillyrzrs
Smith700
Dean
ktpguy
Dan
hobbz
brownboy
Mud-and-Guts
Wingman
firepup
DOG
Gimpy
stealth
zachsdad
zilla
GunRunner
Craig_C
jodyt
RZR_Joe
roadiestar
ollie
ChrisC
jerr_81
TBONE21
Woodtick
nocerisdave
wvyankee2
Sporto
chipper
RAYRAY
PWM
BIG D 57
ohsresq
8ball_99
BAMA-S
Foxfire
Neuromax
samiam
bacon
Goose
pit dog
Big-R
MuddyBuddy
cajuncoot
KY. Colonel
bush
WV Hot Rod Rhino
AIRBORNE
ridepate
mason
114 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:16 pm

chipper wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Ive had only good with them. I even got to see some product devolpment at their place when I went to pick up a sprauge one evening. Very nice guys who build and sell alternatives to high priced parts.

What is their product development? Copying another design and sending it to China for production? I've bought some things from them and I'll probably buy more but they are clueless there.

Actually they had a Commander there on the "table" before the Commanders were for sale, building a lift kit (and maybe a long arm kit)

And sending to China....alot...I mean alot of parts are like that. Those DFR harnesses you have came from Tawian. Im a dealer for DFR and have been held up getting harnesses shipped because they were held up in customs coming off the boat!!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 am

Craig_C wrote:
chipper wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Ive had only good with them. I even got to see some product devolpment at their place when I went to pick up a sprauge one evening. Very nice guys who build and sell alternatives to high priced parts.

What is their product development? Copying another design and sending it to China for production? I've bought some things from them and I'll probably buy more but they are clueless there.

Actually they had a Commander there on the "table" before the Commanders were for sale, building a lift kit (and maybe a long arm kit)

And sending to China....alot...I mean alot of parts are like that. Those DFR harnesses you have came from Tawian. Im a dealer for DFR and have been held up getting harnesses shipped because they were held up in customs coming off the boat!!

So are those Polaris Fox-Podiums. Chino-Contracts from your friends at Fox.......... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:14 am

ridepate wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
chipper wrote:
Craig_C wrote:

So are those Polaris Fox-Podiums. Chino-Contracts from your friends at Fox.......... Laughing

Just hear-say, but I was told Popo buys the "Fox Podiums" from Fox for about 80 bucks per shock. Now my Fox 2.0's, I dont think you could buy the materials to make them for $80!! Theres so so so much stuff we buy, while maybe American company owned, is contracted out overseas, and sold with the thought of being a USA product.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:24 am

Craig_C wrote:
Baditude wrote:
Removed everything but the front differential before the Super Bowl to replace the Sprague Carrier but ran out of time. Now its supposed to be low 20s in my unheated barn this weekend - probably will wait until next weekend when its in the 40s again.

Going to install a Racertech lfit kit while I am at it.

I can have the diff out in about 5 mins now! Knock the roll pin, take the upper ball joint and tie rod end off passenger side (leave axle in pass. side spindle) remove pass side axle from diff, remove diff mounting bolts, unplug wires and vent, use a plastic door trim wedge to pop the drivers side axle free, and out she comes!

The plastic wedge is priceless for doing that job....it was maybe 10 bucks from the Cornwell tool man. Is made for body work, and will pop the axles out of the diff without damage to the aluminum diff housing.

Must be nice - I had to remove Aluminum A-arm guards, Aluminum skid plate and front bumper and of course the last skid plate screw was stripped and took longer to get out that everything else combine.

Is it possible to rotate the front drive shaft to get a better angle to remove the roll pin?
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:42 pm

You have to jack up all four wheels off the ground...or just roll it forward or back till its at the best spot.

If you can help from doing it.....dont knock the roll pin all the way out...leave it so its still in the driveshaft yoke....makes getting it back in alot easier!!
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Installed my EMP full windshield today on the old Rhino.
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Added some new seats tonight...

Twisted Stitch Vortex

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Img_0710
What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Img_0711
What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Img_0712
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
ollie
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Awesome jody!
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Those seats look awesome. Where did u get them? I have been seat shopping some and am trying to find a good place to buy them
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:12 am

perfect10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:57 am

TBONE21 wrote:
Those seats look awesome. Where did u get them? I have been seat shopping some and am trying to find a good place to buy them

I have a buddy with a set of BS Sands seats he will sell....I dont think they have ever been used. I will see about getting a pic and price.
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:53 am

i have the excels love mine humper allright
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Craig_C wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

I have a buddy with a set of BS Sands seats he will sell....I dont think they have ever been used. I will see about getting a pic and price.

Let me know! If you can get pics I would be interested. Lets just hope they match the machines colors.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Finished making the chain saw holder. It is very simple. Made from some old aluminum street signs, 1/2" square stock and some rubber.

I bent a flat spot on the piece on the left, to hold the weight/head of the saw. Glued the rubber to it.

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 33nasjn

Bought 2 rubber coated brackets. Thanks ARMY, they had them. Drilled two holes in the back of the bed. You can access screws or bolts to put on the washers and nuts, from under the RZR.

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 2mzzj37

I used a plastic saw blade protector.

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 206xwfl

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Eq85ja

Side view with the plastic insert and you can see the rubber rest pad

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Ndwthy

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 2q34rwo

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 S3ld8k

Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Damn nice Les!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:05 am

[quote="Gimpy"]Finished making the chain saw holder. It is very simple. Made from some old aluminum street signs, 1/2" square stock and some rubber.

Nice engineering there Gimpy!
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:09 am

humper
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:27 pm

nice job
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm

looks good cheers
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:26 pm

I fired the little saw up today and cut a tank full of fuel on treated 6x6's. It did great.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:57 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:26 am

Nice looking bracket Les! Good work! clap clap hail
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:29 am

Its Done!!!!!!!!!!

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Done

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Done1
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:26 am

Wow looks good Craig. Nice engineering Gimpy!

Finally got the front diff removed and took it apart - full of mud and a slightly damaged carrier sprague -nice. I ordered the seal kit and got the diff in pieces all over my work bench, hope I can remember how to put it back together when the seal kit comes in.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:39 am

perfect10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your SidexSide this week?
Page 14 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 42  Next