SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question about stock battery

Go down 
+2
chipper
dixiecop28
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

question about stock battery Empty
PostSubject: question about stock battery   question about stock battery EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:34 pm

I have replacement headlights 35w hid's and just bought a 250w radio. is both of them going to be too much draw on the battery??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: question about stock battery   question about stock battery EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm not sure what you drive, but you should be ok. From what I've read my 55w hid's have less draw than the stockers after the initial startup. Your amp should be fine also. When I'm not riding i've always kept my battery on the battery tender jr. I ran the radio alot over the last weekend just sitting at camp and used a voltage detector several times after a couple hours of the radio and it was never below 12.3 volts. I do intend on upgrading the battery but if you're careful and take care of it you should be ok. that is just my opinion too.
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: question about stock battery   question about stock battery EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 pm

i have a 2011 rzr-s. thanks for the info chipper. down the line I plan on upgrading to the odyssey 925 but not until I add more lights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: question about stock battery   question about stock battery EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:18 am

Should be okay, but spend a little cash on the Odyssey and you won't have to worry at all.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: question about stock battery   question about stock battery EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:57 am

I put an Odyssey in the Prowler....3 months later, junk. When I took it back for a replacement the salesman told me that he had 3 come back in that week....must have had a bad batch.... WTF .. DontKnow
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: question about stock battery   question about stock battery EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:41 pm

do they make them the factory size ?
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: question about stock battery   question about stock battery EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Go to batteries plus and get their premium gel series. Get the one for the ranger xp is has 20 more cranking amps than the oddesy and a full 2 year replacement non pro rated. It will fit perfectly in you S. IT has 400 CCA. I put one in mine and when I had to winch it out after busting the motor it was awsome and the best part it is only $139
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about stock battery   question about stock battery Empty

Back to top Go down

question about stock battery
Page 1 of 1