SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battery question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Battery question   Battery question EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Last year I went with the Odyssey battery for my RZRS because when night riding, with the heater blower on, the HID conversions and the Eagle HID's on, the battery light on the dash would come on. It worked good until last Friday nights ride. It started again. I bought the Odyssey because of the storage capacity. The RZRS has set since I washed it Sunday (2 days ago). I checked the battery tonight and it showed just above 11 volts. I started it and it went up to just below 13 volts. I think the battery is bad, but I am not sure how to go about warrenty replacing it. I bought it on line through a distributor. Everyone else think it has gone bad?
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 pm

I've got no idea Les. Mines getting a little slow these days too. I'll be on the hunt for a replacement before too long.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 am

Did you buy it with paypal? If so look up your history print a copy of the invoice.. Pretty much anyone who sells them will warranty them. You can even look at sellers on ebay and most have right on their page they will warranty them even if you didnt' purchase from them.. Give them a call.. They will want you to send the grey caps off the top of the battery along with the invoice and a 15 dollar check for shipping.. They will send you a new battery if its less then 2 years old.. My first one went bad in about 6 months and I got it replaced no questions asked doing the above..
Something you might not know cause I didn't.. Those batteries do not like battery tenders being left on them.. I think thats what killed my first one. A buddy of mine who bought one not to long ago said his even came with a paper that said do not leave battery tenders on it or leave the battery connected to trickle charger.. I have no Idea why..
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Did you buy it with paypal? If so look up your history print a copy of the invoice.. Pretty much anyone who sells them will warranty them. You can even look at sellers on ebay and most have right on their page they will warranty them even if you didnt' purchase from them.. Give them a call.. They will want you to send the grey caps off the top of the battery along with the invoice and a 15 dollar check for shipping.. They will send you a new battery if its less then 2 years old.. My first one went bad in about 6 months and I got it replaced no questions asked doing the above..
Something you might not know cause I didn't.. Those batteries do not like battery tenders being left on them.. I think thats what killed my first one. A buddy of mine who bought one not to long ago said his even came with a paper that said do not leave battery tenders on it or leave the battery connected to trickle charger.. I have no Idea why..

I thought I remember you having one go bad too. I did not use any trickle charger or tender on it. I only use a tender on the toyhauler battery's. I got tired of replacing them every 2 years. Last 2 trailers never had one go bad after I kept tenders on them.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:36 pm

BINGO - I found the customer receipt. I bought it from atbatt.com on 11/18/2011. I will see what they have to say tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Oh your good. With in two years you shouldn't have any problem.. I've even heard of them still honoring it if its not to far out of date.
Trickle chargers are great. Odyssey is the only battery I've ever seen that recommends you not using one. Thats the only reason why I brought it up.
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 pm

hey gimp i got a optima tray is you want to upgrade to bigger one i will give it to you it came off to my old rzr-s ?
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 pm

brownboy wrote:
hey gimp i got a optima tray is you want to upgrade to bigger one i will give it to you it came off to my old rzr-s ?

I put a bigger tray in when I put the Odyssey battery in, thanks though.
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Gimpy wrote:
brownboy wrote:

I put a bigger tray in when I put the Odyssey battery in, thanks though.

i mean optima battery instead of odyssey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battery question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery question   Battery question Empty

Back to top Go down

Battery question
Page 1 of 1