SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800

Go down 
+14
MuddyBuddy
Smith700
spud
Craig_C
chipper
zilla
stanthaman
highlander
pit dog
Hollon
Foxfire
ridepate
roadiestar
Stakk
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Sure seems to me all you ever do is talk about whats crap on your Rzr.

Kawi sells many machines that will fit through that 50" gate.

I will be the first to tell you the bad about any machine I own. Wanna know just ask what all is not up to par on the Rzr. I was posting in here in reguards to Stanthemans post about engine issues with the Teryx. Im glad you got the miles out of yours with no issues. I wont argue with you or anyone (except Smith--he doesnt get all butt-hurt about it when we go back and forth) I will grow up though to make you happy.....Im going out to work on my pile of junk Rzr.

I seem to remember Stakk getting out of line and saying he would never be back because someone shot down what the T-4 had supposedly done.

Idiot? Really? Whos the grown up now?
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:38 pm

roflmao roflmao roflmao I did not say that.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 pm

[quote="Craig_C"]Sure seems to me all you ever do is talk about whats crap on your Rzr. JUST THE FACTS WHEN NEEDED

Kawi sells many machines that will fit through that 50" gate. WHAT SXS

I will be the first to tell you the bad about any machine I own. Wanna know just ask what all is not up to par on the Rzr. I was posting in here in reguards to Stanthemans post about engine issues with the Teryx. Im glad you got the miles out of yours with no issues.THANK YOU I wont argue with you or anyone (except Smith--he doesnt get all butt-hurt about it when we go back and forth) I will grow up though to make you happy THANKS .....Im going out to work on my pile of junk Rzr.I KNOW THE FEELING

I seem to remember Stakk getting out of line and saying he would never be back because someone shot down what the T-4 had supposedly done.

Idiot? Really? Whos the grown up now?]???????????/quote]

ALL kidding aside have a good day and enjoy your RZR. I do have a question what the hell do you guys use for a arm bushings? I go through a shit load of them. OEM and UTV crap ones are no better.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Stakk wrote:
roadiestar wrote:
I had a 08 Teryx and beat the hell out of it. It had almost 1800 miles and not 1 engine problem. I have a RZR now and would say the Teryx have a much better engine, frame, a arms, axles, hubs and etc.

first Teryx they sent me 2008.....305 hrs, 3800 miles when it was turned in no engine problems what so ever.....I DID change/check the oil regular and keep the air filter clean with plenty of oil.......

if these enigine were failing in 50 hrs, there was no excuse not to check the oil or do the right maintanance, did they check add oil before every ride? I doubt it.....I beat the crap out of that 08 here at Bstone and all but the first 50hrs were with dyna CDI, so the rev;s were humming most of the time.......anyway that was my experience

Out of the three, the only one to lose only one engine was the least maintained. The other two were taken care of.....and Id say losing an engine in a cornfeild with his dad driving around picking up rocks wasnt being hard on it!! He gets oil free from being a spnsored atv-mx rider..it was maintained. After a weekend of riding we would have to adjust the valves on them to get them to start. Im not putting the Kawi down, I was posting to follow up to the other guy who posted.

Do you work for Kawi or something? You seem a little partial.

I actually do work for Kawi...Product Research in R&D.......We have all kinds of repair/warranty claim info and I'm not saying the above didn't happen.....It is VERY rare considering they were well taken care of poking around in a cornfield babying it.....something is for sure wrong......LOL he simply lost an oil pump or pressure.....and Yes you are putting Kawi down and that's FINE it's a free country and you can do so.......adjutin the valves after every weekend with only 50 hrs on the machines is a bit of a stretch....... after 350 hrs, maybe...

Look before the pissing contest starts I'll stop it.......I just posted a video of a RZR 800 getting beat in a drag and here we go again.......BTW for data sake for all Kawi dealers that also sell Polaris here is some interesting data....

For % of total units sold: example for every 100 of each sold

Engine failure or repair
Teryx =6%
RZR = 21%

Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:50 pm

spud wrote:
cool why dont you go orange and bring one of them teryx 4 to club ride at brimstone and show us in person what it will do.i would really like to see one in action.

I may ride with Ronnie and Chris on friday, but I'm not gonna be aggravated into tering my machine up. Just trying to get along with folks on this site, but that is getting harder and harder.....

Nobody can post anything negative about Polaris or the RZR without someone getting sensative......I should just stop posting altogether
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Stakk wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Stakk wrote:
roadiestar wrote:
I had a 08 Teryx and beat the hell out of it. It had almost 1800 miles and not 1 engine problem. I have a RZR now and would say the Teryx have a much better engine, frame, a arms, axles, hubs and etc.

first Teryx they sent me 2008.....305 hrs, 3800 miles when it was turned in no engine problems what so ever.....I DID change/check the oil regular and keep the air filter clean with plenty of oil.......

if these enigine were failing in 50 hrs, there was no excuse not to check the oil or do the right maintanance, did they check add oil before every ride? I doubt it.....I beat the crap out of that 08 here at Bstone and all but the first 50hrs were with dyna CDI, so the rev;s were humming most of the time.......anyway that was my experience

Out of the three, the only one to lose only one engine was the least maintained. The other two were taken care of.....and Id say losing an engine in a cornfeild with his dad driving around picking up rocks wasnt being hard on it!! He gets oil free from being a spnsored atv-mx rider..it was maintained. After a weekend of riding we would have to adjust the valves on them to get them to start. Im not putting the Kawi down, I was posting to follow up to the other guy who posted.

I actually do work for Kawi...Product Research in R&D.......We have all kinds of repair/warranty claim info and I'm not saying the above didn't happen.....It is VERY rare considering they were well taken care of poking around in a cornfield babying it.....something is for sure wrong......LOL he simply lost an oil pump or pressure.....and Yes you are putting Kawi down and that's FINE it's a free country and you can do so.......adjutin the valves after every weekend with only 50 hrs on the machines is a bit of a stretch....... after 350 hrs, maybe...

Look before the pissing contest starts I'll stop it.......I just posted a video of a RZR 800 getting beat in a drag and here we go again.......BTW for data sake for all Kawi dealers that also sell Polaris here is some interesting data....

Engine failure or repair
Teryx =6%
RZR = 21%

So then since your in R&D, one question. Why did Kawi change the design of the engine cases, move to oil pick-up location and add incresed oil capacity to the engine from 08 to 09- if as you say there was no issue??
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Stakk wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Stakk wrote:
roadiestar wrote:

Engine failure or repair
Teryx =6%
RZR = 21%

So then since your in R&D, one question. Why did Kawi change the design of the engine cases, move to oil pick-up location and add incresed oil capacity to the engine from 08 to 09- if as you say there was no issue??

I never said there wasn't an issue, crankcase pressure could send oil into the airbox if ran near redline for long periods, however this would only be a few ounces at a time and certainly wouldn't toast a crank...the engine would have to ran dry of oil or loose oil pressure altogether and the FEW ounces of oil that MIGHT get pushed into the airbox would NOT empty the sump unless it was about dry anyway from lack of checking the oil.....

THe 2009 was an EFI engine that was scheduled to be built for the 09 model year, the changes you mentioned had nothing to do with 0.5% of issue's due to the crankcase pressure. this engine was already designed before the 2008 engine went into production........

NOW, with that info out of the way......Why hasn't Polaris designed a new airbox for the 800 model RZR's? This design being right in front of the drivers rear tire, low and prone to dirt/mud/water/etc is a KNOWN destroyer of the 800 pushrod engines.......2008 was the 1st year, it's 4 years later (2012) and the airbox is still in the same location? dealers have made it well known to Polaris thate the airbox design and location is the root case for all the 800 engines failures......

The Teryx4 is an all new engine over the 09 thru 11......If Kawi's warranty claims and repair get out of the single digits, an improvement or redesign is generally ordered......But again it has to be a big enough problem for Kawi to address it 5% isn't a problem, not enough to call the design at fault.....

Over 20% engine failure? that's a problem and Kawi would never allow that......So why has Polaris? the failrue rate hasn't improved since 2008, actually the same or a little worse because of no product improvement with the intake system......the 900XP and 570 have a new airbox, but those are totally new models, the 800 RZR's haven't had any durability improvemnts.......

Anyway, that the difference as far as I can tell......I know how Kawi does product design and improvement......I have no idea how and what Polaris does
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Stakk wrote:
spud wrote:
cool why dont you go orange and bring one of them teryx 4 to club ride at brimstone and show us in person what it will do.i would really like to see one in action.

I may ride with Ronnie and Chris on friday, but I'm not gonna be aggravated into tering my machine up. Just trying to get along with folks on this site, but that is getting harder and harder.....

Nobody can post anything negative about Polaris or the RZR without someone getting sensative......I should just stop posting altogether

Post on brother. I was like roadie at one time when I owned a RZR-S, I told it like it was. Sold it with 320 miles, why?? Because I was smart-enough to see the future cost of ownership was going to be high and I was not willing to go down that road.

It was fun machine and fast too but it really just plain did'nt fit our needs. My Ranger at 1024 miles has been trouble-free except for two self-induced problems.

Now if someone came up to me and said "You can have this regular RZR or this Teryx" I'd go with the Rex. Build-quaility, fit and finish and robustness outweight the RZR any day of the week.

Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:48 pm

The airbox on my Rzr (09) is improved from 08 and they added bellows to the boot (which was the cause of most dirt injestion)

You being a rep of Kawi should be ready for people to hop all over you. If a Polaris rep got on here Id have a feild day with him. But you CANNOT deny there was issues with the 08 engines....a quick google search of "Teryx rod bearing" and "teryx valve adjustment" will show you that very very fast.

As far as me "putting Kawi down" is far from true. I belive Kawi builds a very strong, stable chassis. The front diff design is the best in the buisness. The rear sealed brake is awsome, and last forever it seems. The V-twin has awsome power, and made a bad-ass ute quad engine, but needed some changes before slapping it into the Teryx chassis. It worked for Yamaha but didnt for Kawi. Your 0.5% is most likely only the number that Kawi covered under warranty. The three friends who used to have Kawis now all have Rzrs and the crappy airbox has yet to cost them thousand of dollars to overhaul an engine. Yes, the engine in the Teryx runs at high RPM compared to a quad, they all do. Even Yamaha and Polaris. Thats what an engine has to do to push 1500 lbs up hills and down trails. Ive said over and over again Id buy a Teryx 4 before I bough any other 4 seater. So Im not sure how Im putting Kawi down. Just dont get on here and deny there was ever any issue. I know of 3 units with 5 engines between then, and Stantheman reported similar findings that started all this.

Like I said, get a Polaris rep on here....I will send him crying to momma by the time Im done.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Craig_C wrote:
The airbox on my Rzr (09) is improved from 08 and they added bellows to the boot (which was the cause of most dirt injestion)

You being a rep of Kawi should be ready for people to hop all over you. If a Polaris rep got on here Id have a feild day with him. But you CANNOT deny there was issues with the 08 engines....a quick google search of "Teryx rod bearing" and "teryx valve adjustment" will show you that very very fast.

As far as me "putting Kawi down" is far from true. I belive Kawi builds a very strong, stable chassis. The front diff design is the best in the buisness. The rear sealed brake is awsome, and last forever it seems. The V-twin has awsome power, and made a bad-ass ute quad engine, but needed some changes before slapping it into the Teryx chassis. It worked for Yamaha but didnt for Kawi. Your 0.5% is most likely only the number that Kawi covered under warranty. The three friends who used to have Kawis now all have Rzrs and the crappy airbox has yet to cost them thousand of dollars to overhaul an engine. Yes, the engine in the Teryx runs at high RPM compared to a quad, they all do. Even Yamaha and Polaris. Thats what an engine has to do to push 1500 lbs up hills and down trails. Ive said over and over again Id buy a Teryx 4 before I bough any other 4 seater. So Im not sure how Im putting Kawi down. Just dont get on here and deny there was ever any issue. I know of 3 units with 5 engines between then, and Stantheman reported similar findings that started all this.

Like I said, get a Polaris rep on here....I will send him crying to momma by the time Im done.

The failure rates were repairs period, not just warranty claims...the problems you mentioned were not there during testing and that engine was tested for 3 years before production.....Rod bearing failure and valve wear happens becasue of 2 things, lack of maintanance ( dry or dirty air filters) and low or dirty oil.....period because there are way more Teryx owners out there that didn't have those issues......like I said mine was "guinea pig" in a sense.....over 300 hrs of water, dirt, mud, high rpms..... did the first valve adjustment on that 08 at 300 hrs....the 2009, at 305 hrs.....the 2010 at 318 hrs.........at that many hours they all used a little oil......My point is this, if owners WOULD clean and oil their air filters properly, and change the oil and keep it full, these problems would not happen......you get about a 1% failure rate with proper care and maintanance.......

The location on the airbox on the 800 RZR's IS the problem, low (water/mud) tires throwing debris right on the box, and IF the seal fails, Boom engine fails......My point is the box needs to be re-located and Polairs has not done that, so to say the Teryx has engine issues and the RZR has fewer issues is false, I have data that proves otherwise........Not saying the RZR is POS, I'm not, I'm saying Kawi has a far better reliability record and thats not me.... thats coming from thousands of dealer info and feedback........

They are ALL good in their own way and all have their bad points, LET"S RIDE!!!!!

deadhorse NoPoo Rhino Prowler drive
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:23 pm

I would never say the Teryx has more issues than a RZR. If I could build a machine with the best of all thats out there, it would likely have more Kawi parts than anything else. Kawi front diff, seal wet brake, chassis design by Kawi. We can agree to disagree! I know, and respect the fact you gotta support your company. Nothing personal, if you was a Polaris guy Id be asking for your phone number so I could get more personal with my issues!!! Like why the hell would you support an unbalanced 4ft driveshaft with two tiny ball bearings on the pinion bearing??
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:24 pm

I want to add one thing.......you said 3 units had 5 engines replaced, you also said all within 50 hrs........OK I would really find another dealer because they weren't put back together right

2nd........

they had valves being adjusted after every ride or weekend at 50hrs....OK, not the machines fault, If you would do a little searching I'll be willing to bet the dealer prepped it WITHOUT oiling it......this will eat the facing off the valve in a weeknd due to the dirt getting throught he filter, or if the dealer did, I bet the filter didn't get cleaned or oiled during that 50 hour period......then that dirt getting through contaminated the oil and toasted the crank and rod bearing.......it's not a design issue, it's a dirt issue/maintanace issue because the thousdands of hours these engines ran during testing, no failures like this came this quick, my unit included........Now be honest, were the filters dirty AND dry of oil? was the oil low or dirty? I'll bet money they were........
Back to top Go down
spud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Stakk wrote:
spud wrote:

i was not trying to aggravate you into something or stirring up shit. i just would like to see one in action.i have not seen one in the woods.i am not loyal to any brand what fits my family is best for me
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Craig_C wrote:
I would never say the Teryx has more issues than a RZR. If I could build a machine with the best of all thats out there, it would likely have more Kawi parts than anything else. Kawi front diff, seal wet brake, chassis design by Kawi. We can agree to disagree! I know, and respect the fact you gotta support your company. Nothing personal, if you was a Polaris guy Id be asking for your phone number so I could get more personal with my issues!!! Like why the hell would you support an unbalanced 4ft driveshaft with two tiny ball bearings on the pinion bearing??

I have no clue? that is a question for an engineer.......actually because that set-up passed the endurance test. those set-up's don't fail for hundreds and hundreds of hours in majority of situations.......none of the OEM's make these machines bulletproof, it's just certain companies have stricter reliability standards and how they test there units......If they were built with parts and componets that would never break or fail for 100,000 miles they would cost as much as a truck.

Why would Polaris use a plastic differential cage carrier for a high torque situation like a gearcase? Yea they upgraded it after 2 model years but still WHY use that is a high load situation when you know it's going to break?
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:34 pm

spud wrote:
Stakk wrote:
spud wrote:

i was not trying to aggravate you into something or stirring up shit. i just would like to see one in action.i have not seen one in the woods.i am not loyal to any brand what fits my family is best for me

OK, I'm sorry.....LOL it's hard for me to figure out who is being sarcastic or not scratch
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey it's like one guy told me......."In a perfect world we would all be driving a Ford truck with a Cummins engine and Allison transmission".......lol
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Craig_C wrote:

Actually I am very hard on them....it's part of my job to identify and report problems. Likes, dislikes, with all brands, ask someone like Ronnie who has ever had me survey them.....LOL It gets pretty detailed......lol
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:05 am

Ill agree....there's not a perfect machine.....but the teryx is pretty dang close. I have a rhino and the teryx is a much better well rounded machine out of the box. Just like a truck....there's not one...but a duramax lbz is pretty dang close...lol
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:28 am

Stakk wrote:
Hey it's like one guy told me......."In a perfect world we would all be driving a Ford truck with a Cummins engine and Allison transmission".......lol

Thats the dam truth
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:31 am

The Teryx I am talking about was Dusty"s 2010 just as it was sold with 400 some odd miles it dried the crank up and killed it when they took it apart it had a internal screen that was stopped up with factory silicone damn why do they put a screen in the middle of the engine that you cant check and maintain and the second on was on a 4wheeler and this guy babied this thing and it done the same thing it put a bad taste in my mouth about kawasaki engines but I agree its a tough and good machine except for that IMO.Now they may have fixed them since then I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:53 am

Allison transmission? really? Lol you just started a whole new fight!
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:39 am

Lol maybe we should make a new post before we go down the pickup truck road!! The Allison IS better than a 47/48RE dodge trans when stock. But, crank up the power, and build both transmissions....and reverse the above statement!! The Duramax in the video has a "Duraflight" transmission as they call it.....a 48RE Dodge transmission mated to the Duramax engine!!

Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:15 am

Stakk wrote:
I want to add one thing.......you said 3 units had 5 engines replaced, you also said all within 50 hrs........OK I would really find another dealer because they weren't put back together right

2nd........

they had valves being adjusted after every ride or weekend at 50hrs....OK, not the machines fault, If you would do a little searching I'll be willing to bet the dealer prepped it WITHOUT oiling it......this will eat the facing off the valve in a weeknd due to the dirt getting throught he filter, or if the dealer did, I bet the filter didn't get cleaned or oiled during that 50 hour period......then that dirt getting through contaminated the oil and toasted the crank and rod bearing.......it's not a design issue, it's a dirt issue/maintanace issue because the thousdands of hours these engines ran during testing, no failures like this came this quick, my unit included........Now be honest, were the filters dirty AND dry of oil? was the oil low or dirty? I'll bet money they were........

To be honest, I wasnt there watching them do it. However, the one that only lost one engine, is the least maintained of the three. He would still have it IF Kawi sold a frame, but since they dont insurance had no choice but to total the unit, since the frame was bent. One of the units that lost two engines I would be money on that it was maintained, due to the owner getting oil for free, and being a A class ATV MX rider, who keeps all of his stuff in great shape (Add to the fact money isnt a big issue with him!!) After the first engine, and the dealer saying that it could have been from water (they had no proof however) He wouldnt even look at a mudhole with the machine. The second engine lost a rod bearing with his dad using it in the feild picking up rocks. Now they were ridden hard, but thats why we bought them. The valve issue was something else. After a long weekend, one time I remember at Windrock we rode over 200 miles, the Teryx had to be pushed on the trailer, as it wouldnt start the morning we were loading up. He got home, adjusted the valves (I think it was always the front cyl....I might be wrong) and it ran on again! Ive read on Kawiriders and TeyrxHQ about the valve pulling up into the heads. I had the same issue on a Yamaha I owned.

I see Stanthemans friends was a 10 model, which wouldnt be in the same issue group as my friends 08 models.

I really, really like the Teryx, I belive they are more stable than even a RZR S with the stock shocks. Didnt the 08 Teryxs have some issue with air filter sealing? If you really wanna talk about airboxes....none of the atvs/sxs's ive ever seen had a filter setup worth a damn....including the $12,000 Cannondale I used to race. Youd think 12k for a sport quad would get you a high quality, clamp on air filter. Yamaha's airboxes are the worst....as most of them depend on the lid to hold the filter in place, and because of that, you have no idea if the filter seated properly when you closed the lid. (I can hear the Rhino guys typing away!!) Even so, if and when Kawi and Yamaha release a sport SXS, it will be a very tough choice of which one Im selling my Popo to buy.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Yea I guess I did, whole new argument....LOL What's funny is dieselpower magazine did a shootout bewteen a few model years back the Allison and Ford's Torqueshift and the Torqueshift won the comparison......they weren't testing the engines in this one just the tranny's......
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Stakk wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Yea I guess I did, whole new argument....LOL What's funny is dieselpower magazine did a shootout bewteen a few model years back the Allison and Ford's Torqueshift and the Torqueshift won the comparison......they weren't testing the engines in this one just the tranny's......

Fords transmission is pretty dang tough....but it, like the Allison, cant be "built" to do what the Dodge trans can take. The Allison, by design, destroy themselfs when power is cranked up. They cant shift fast enough, thus have "gear bind" and burn out clutches and break other parts......Now.....stock for stock, Allison all the way, then Ford, then Dodge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next