SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to start......

Go down 
+15
DirtDawber
southernkyrzr4
wvyankee2
Big-R
brownboy
Gunpilot
MuddyBuddy
ridepate
Gimpy
ohsresq
mason
cajuncoot
firepup
BIG D 57
Foxfire
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Gunpilot
SSXSRider Member
Gunpilot

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Time to start...... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:52 pm

I will head up part way on Friday, and hit bridge sat. am as well.
Got meal list, rzr is all cleaned and ready. Truck ready, just need to pack.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 am

All of you coming from the south.......
After you cross the Mac, take the M2 exit west, and stay on M2 till you see M117 and hang a right going North. Run 117 up to M28 and hang a left going West. You will be running along side of Lake Superior on M28.....some great views!!! M28 will run you into US41, hang a right going North. M28 and US41 will now run together heading N/W up into Marquette.
At the "Round About" you will be heading half way around, now traveling a little more west. County 550 will be within 3 miles of the round about......keep your eyes open for it. Hang a right on 550 now heading North, right into Big Bay....like 30 miles. Passenger should have camera at the ready from the Mac on up.....excellent views on both M2 and M28.
Back to top Go down
Gunpilot
SSXSRider Member
Gunpilot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:30 am

When riding with other groups, many of the rzr's had two way radio's installed operating on FRS/GMRS freq's.

Who will be using radio's this ride?
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:45 am

Gunpilot wrote:
When riding with other groups, many of the rzr's had two way radio's installed operating on FRS/GMRS freq's.

Who will be using radio's this ride?

We have a radio in our buggy so we will be able to talk. If not everyone has one we can be the ca-boose so no one gets left behind.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:57 am

Big d and I have radios ,I have 1 in the rex but not in the rhino Jerry is driving
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah we have a radio in our rhino we are also bringing our hand helds. Scott has one in his new razor also he just got installed yesterday
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:35 pm

4 More Days Yahoo My radio is up an running it will get it's true test on the ride. thatsright drive We also have two hand helds if someone needs a loaner.

Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 am

You guys are kill'in me............I want to ride!!! But hey ,the timing was just not right. You guys and girls have fun. Be careful. I hope to see some of my friends at W/R soon....
Back to top Go down
Gunpilot
SSXSRider Member
Gunpilot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:41 am

Ok.. I am installing another radio in the truck so we can talk from motel to campground I think... see what happens.

I have squeak in front end.. lubed everything.. think its the shock heim joints.. anyone ever pull the shocks off and pull the bushings/heim joint out to lube them? I hate to do something this late in the game in case I break it... thoughts? Should I try it, or just live with the squeak?

Service manual says I have to replace the bolts if I pull the shocks.. ?

http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-s-specific-discussion/35541-fox-podium-shock-maintenance.html
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:10 am

Gunpilot wrote:
Ok.. I am installing another radio in the truck so we can talk from motel to campground I think... see what happens.

I have squeak in front end.. lubed everything.. think its the shock heim joints.. anyone ever pull the shocks off and pull the bushings/heim joint out to lube them? I hate to do something this late in the game in case I break it... thoughts? Should I try it, or just live with the squeak?

Service manual says I have to replace the bolts if I pull the shocks.. ?

http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-s-specific-discussion/35541-fox-podium-shock-maintenance.html

I have never replaced the bolt. It is very easy to remove the heim on the shock. However, it is not so easy to get the two passenger shocks off the XP. PITA....
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:14 am

ridepate wrote:
You guys are kill'in me............I want to ride!!! But hey ,the timing was just not right. You guys and girls have fun. Be careful. I hope to see some of my friends at W/R soon....

As I have said to you before, sure wish you could have made it!!!
Something tells me that there will be another one.....I promised MR. Mason that when he gets better and can go, that I'd take him around up there. You will be with us!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Weather.......................Perfect!

Saturday-A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 77.

Saturday Night- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.

Sunday-Partly sunny, with a high near 73.

Sunday Night- Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.

Monday- Partly sunny, with a high near 73.

Monday Night- Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.

Tuesday- Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:36 pm

1 MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peppers RZR Rhino Prowler Tent HatWave Yahoo Wave dog Chef We are three quarters packed just getting the odds and ends together.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 pm

We ere packed!! All that is left is to hook up and ice down the cold beverages, truck packed and camper,cheers Time to start...... - Page 8 892524
Back to top Go down
Gunpilot
SSXSRider Member
Gunpilot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Dang.. now I feel behind..
Truck Ready (Oil change, Air filter change, tires balanced, washed, waxed), Rzr Ready(Oil change, air filter change, zerks greased, washed)

Starting packing list..... dang.. I am behind..
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Beer Goggles..........check

Liquor.....................check

Fishing Pole............check

Potato's, Onions, Paper Towels......check

I'm ready cheers
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:18 am

2+bourbon. 1- honey turkey. 1 bottle of yeager meister 1 gallon of apple pie and 2 cases of beer I had a bad week at work I'm ready for vacation. Tweety promise to tuck me in every night I also have my steeldrivers cds it sounds like a big list but were going to be there for 7 days
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:40 pm

well i guess i better get off the computer and start getting ready to pack and load !! see you boys tommorrow am !
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:05 pm

You guys be safe and have fun!
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Oh were gonna have fun. thatsright It ain't fun unless the busted Cop come at least once hide We will have plenty of pics tp post.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:24 pm

COOTS list
1. Tampon (for nose bleeds)
2. Food
3. Extra tampon
4. Snacks
5. Another Tampon
6. Beer
7. Another Tampon
8. Wife??????
10. Tampon

Have a good time you all. I made it from a walker to crutches today.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Gunpilot
SSXSRider Member
Gunpilot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Well, the bearings were toast in my trailer... glad I had that checked before I left... makes what I spent to get it done cheap in comparison to being stranded on the side of the road...
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 pm

love the list Gimpy,, about right!! yea the ol"goat is coming on the ride ! good job gunpilot ,,blowed bearings on the road aint good ! oh yea gimpy congrats on the recovery work !! cool
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Sent some PM's with my contact info if needed while we travel.

Pup
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Gimpy.....keep up the good recovery work!!
FirePup.....got your PM and responded.
Coot...Man I sure hope ya don' t need ALL them tampons!
BigR.....I'll do my best to keep them all safe and try to insure they have a good time. Got to take care of the Brother Hood ya know!
Gun....man it is a good thing ya checked out those bearings!

Well, I was in the UP all last week, left on Monday to go back up to Grand Marais to deliver right on Lake Superior, just got back this afternoon and will be taking off tomorrow evening to go back. Think I need to relocate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to start......
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next