SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...

Go down 
+29
Elliott11
ktpguy
bacon
chipper
girdlerrzr
ridepate
bush
Baditude
GCFD112
RZR_Joe
Tmanpoker
CatMostFeared
brownboy
DirtDawber
MuddyBuddy
simoniz
Big Jake 1637
DoddS
Dean
Sporto
Gimpy
southernkyrzr4
BigAlCash
STR8RZR
Big-R
samiam
DOG
bonzo
8ball_99
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Got my Exhaust. I just wasn't crazy about the way the stock exhaust sounded.. I had muzzy duals on my 800. I liked them but on the 900 not so much. Ended up just getting an Alba racing slip on.. Sounds great and at 350 shipped was pretty cheap compared to most of them.. Its a Flowmaster muffler adapted to fit on the XP,, I've always liked the sound of flowmasters and have had them on my last several trucks, except for the two I have now.. Anyway here is a pic and video I made.. In the video the first 30 seconds is stock the last 30 is the Alba slip on.

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-12
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Sounds great bud.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 pm

I've got a new XP4 too. Been watching your thread.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Thanks,, so far ain't much changed with it. Just some suspension.. My steel should be coming in pretty soon.. Once I have that I can get to work on the bumpers and cage.. Once thats done, doors, roof, radio, winch, windows, ect lol.. Its all kind of in limbo till the cage is done..
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 pm

I love the sound. However, I don't think I would want to hear it all day. I like my tunes.....
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 1:10 am

I don't know it doesn't seem that loud to me.. I had muzzy duals on my 800 and they didn't bother me a bit. This one seems about the same. Its a lot deeper rumble but I don't think its much louder.. With a roof and rear window it will block a lot of the sound. I'll just have to make sure my tunes are louder :)
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:00 pm

My tubing finally came in! Cut me a plate for the rear. Added a hitch and got the rear bumper done. Considering I've never laid hands on a bender before I think it turned out pretty well. Haven't decided if I'm going to do the front bumper or try and tackle the cage next. I guess I'm going to have to build a jig for the cage. I need the side tubes in the exact same spot as stock so my doors will work. After looking at it today I don't see any other way to get them right. Any tips or tricks?

How does the bumper look? The plate on the bottom is 1/4 steel and the hitch is the same class 1 style that comes on the 800s RZRs.. I don't see any reason to stick a 2" hitch on it like all the after market ones. Besides I have a few of the smaller slide ins laying around that we used on the other RZRs
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-16
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-17
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Looks good my friend!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:28 am

Haven't had a chance to work on the RZR much the past few afternoons. I did end making a jig to get all the stock mounting points right. Hope to work on the cage this weekend.

While looking at the front end getting and idea of where I wanted to mount the bumper I knoticed something that kind of sucks.. Not sure if anyone has had to change out thier bushings themselves yet. But on a XP it looks like the radiator is mounted to a metal frame and then the frame is bolted to the machines frame. It looks to me you have to remove this whole thing to change the front upper bushings or to pull the upper Arm? Seems stupid to me.
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:12 pm

looking good Will... cheers
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm

looking good
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 am

lol my brand new machine looks a little bare bones right now.. Wife walked out to the shop this after noon and thought the jig was the new cage.. First thing she said was why did you use square tubing? After I told her it was just a jig for the new cage. She was pretty happy cause she thought it looked like shit.. Shocked
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-18
Took the bumper off and got it welded all up. Also added a brace to the rear. Got started on the cage finally.. Pretty happy with it so far.. Ran into a little issue can't notch out the end of the tube with the way I have my notcher mounted.. Going to have to mount it vertical to be able to get that long ass tube in it.. Since I had a few to many I figured that could wait till tomorrow lol
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-19
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:06 am

Chug
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:49 am

Looking good 8ball perfect10
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Met UPS freight truck today! UHMW skid. The main skid is all one piece and it wraps the front frame tubes. Which if you look at some XP with some miles thats really needed. Those tubes are pretty thin and dent very easy. This skid also covers the gas tank and floor boards. Something the stock skid doesn't..
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-20
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-21
The cage is about 80% done. I wasn't able to work on it much this week end. I still need to add a couple braces in the rear the seat belt bar in the middle and the brace across the front. I've got a couple of them made just have to tack them in.. Important part is the RZR fits in the trailer now! I pulled it in yesterday to make sure before I started bracing up everything.
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-22
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:58 am

Looks like everything is coming together pretty good. That cage is Gona be badazz.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:19 am

clap
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks guys
BTW This is why I went ahead and got a skid now instead of putting it off
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-2
Thats the bottom of the gas tank. I'm guessing the two seaters are the same.. If so you have zip covering a lot of your tank!
Got the the rest of the cage together! Still have a the bar for the bottom front. Got it bent and notched but with the way the cage is shaped I'll have to remove the cage to put it in. I might run a brace from the rear post over the bed to the brace that goes to the bumper. I'm holding of on that because I might try to make some tree kickers that connect to there .. If I so that it will brace that part plus keep my rear fenders from getting ripped off.
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-24
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 File-23
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Looks Great! Are you going to paint or powdercoat the cage? I have a real good friend who owns a powdercoating business if you are thinking of powder coating.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm kinda of leaning to just painting it with some rattle can bed liner paint. I've used it on a few things before and it holds up pretty well. Besides that way when I scratch it I can touch it up.. I've had a couple different people try to talk me into powder coating Red or white something like that. Just seems my cage is always scrubbing on trees and limbs though. lol that and the ground from time to time..
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
I'm kinda of leaning to just painting it with some rattle can bed liner paint. I've used it on a few things before and it holds up pretty well. Besides that way when I scratch it I can touch it up.. I've had a couple different people try to talk me into powder coating Red or white something like that. Just seems my cage is always scrubbing on trees and limbs though. lol that and the ground from time to time..

Powder coat would look awesome but it all scratches off in the end. Had to learn that the hard way on the rhino after getting everything powder coated red. The kind of riding we do its only a matter of time, might as well go with the rattle can bed liner. But hey what do I know, I drive a commander Razz
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:31 pm

x2 on the rattle-can liner-coat. Dupli-Color works great!!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:40 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
8ball_99 wrote:

Powder coat would look awesome but it all scratches off in the end. Had to learn that the hard way on the rhino after getting everything powder coated red. The kind of riding we do its only a matter of time, might as well go with the rattle can bed liner. But hey what do I know, I drive a commander Razz

Not to mention you run into much more stuff then I do lol.. I'm pretty sure you have ran into me once or twice.. Now that I think about it.. It seems like I remember sporto trading paint with my back bumper too. No wonder I wanted a DOM cage and bumpers this time lol!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Haha Ive bumped into you once or twice, chipper on the other hand, we played bumper cars going 60 one time. Actually it was more of a bump draft haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next