SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need opinions?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Need opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Need opinions?   Need opinions? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 am

Thinking ill be outta pocket repairing my last break. Gotta get new lower passenger side a-arm brackets welded onto frame, new a-arms(lower for sure, upper might be useable), spindle, hub, brake caliper, rotor, tie rod, and pretty much everything that is on that side. Whats my cheapest route of getting all this stuff. Recommend used or maybe some good websites for parts? Any advice you have throw it at me, cause mine has been down most of the year and im ready to ride.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Need opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need opinions?   Need opinions? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 am

Wow you must have hit something pretty hard.. Cheapcycle parts .com is a pretty good place for parts. As far as the A-arm brackets you will probably have to fab them. I know you can't buy stock ones.. Maybe there is a shop somewhere making weld on replacements.. Your dealer would say it needs a new frame..
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Need opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need opinions?   Need opinions? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Dealer wants me to fix the frame and i guess the rest will go under warranty. They have some bent frames laying around and a local shop said if i can get one of those they will cut the brackets off and re weld them to mine.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Need opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need opinions?   Need opinions? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Only problem is those front a arm mounts are pretty much the first thing to get damaged in most wrecks. Maybe you can find some straight one though. I would check and make sure your frame isn't tweaked. Just throwing this out there but insurance would pay to fix it all. It the frame is tweaked besides the mounts that's probably what I'd do.
I'm a very surprised your dealer is going to warranty the other stuff
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Need opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need opinions?   Need opinions? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Well my problem is insurance just replaced my frame, so i don't wanna try it again this soon. There was a reason for the break that wasn't my fault is why im hoping it will be fixed thru dealer. We have checked the frame over pretty good abd it looks good so far. Really hope it isn't bent again or the rzr may become a target for my home shooting range lol
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Need opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need opinions?   Need opinions? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Yeah now I remember your post a few months back about needing a new frame. Man I don't know. Two frames in a couple months. I think you might just be beating on your machine to much. Do you have an after market skid? Frame gussets? Better cage, rigid bumpers, aftermarket A-arms, axles, ect? If your going to beat on it so much you really have to beef them up. I did all that to my 09 and never bent a frame or a-arms. Stock you just can't hit everything pedal to the floor. Heck there is a couple shops building full Tube chassis for RZRs. Might be worth looking into for you. Probably be a chunk up front but at the rate your going it would probably be worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Need opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need opinions?   Need opinions? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Yeah i was planning on fixing mine and trading it but as much as im gonna have in it i may just keep it, the first frame was definately my fault. This one wasn't. I believe this go around im gonna have tonys toys beef it up for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need opinions?   Need opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Need opinions?
Page 1 of 1