SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.

Go down 
+4
Gimpy
RZR_Joe
bush
oldmustangjunkie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
oldmustangjunkie
SSXSRider Member
oldmustangjunkie

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-02-11

I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  Empty
PostSubject: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:13 pm

What can I do to soften the ride at low speeds?  I've decreased the compression on the front and it helped some but I want the smoothest ride possible.  Are dual rate springs the fix or should I just save my money and get a set of Walker Evan shocks when they pop up?
Is there any benefit to removing my rear sway bar?  I did it on other sxs I've owned and other than some sway at speed, the changes are positive.  

I saw some mud flaps made and sold by someone on this board but I can't remember who it was.  Can someone tell me who I need to send my $$ to?  

Who makes tree kickers that will protect my fender flares?  I've already broken one and need something to keep it from happening to the other side.  I like the look of the Tony's Toys guards but they don't look like they'd help when I'm leaned way over in a gully with one side against a bank.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:32 pm

call smoothride on the shocks 423-863-0286 he will make it ride smooth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Revalving the shocks will help as well as dual rate springs. I like Racer Tech springs, I have them on one machine and getting to order another set for the new Jagged X. Before you do anything check your preload and make sure it's set correctly.

Sway bar - depends on what kind of riding you do. I have ours disconnected because we ride more slow technical trails than high speed stuff. Disconnecting the sway bar will definitely help ride quality but you will also experience more body roll during corning.

Tree kickers - there are a multitude of folks making them. Best to do a search and see what you like.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm

I did the first big trail ride on my shocks and new springs that SMOOTHRIDE fixed up for me last weekend. What a great difference it made. First ride for the sway, on my RZRS, off too.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Smoothride!!!!
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:46 am

Definitely unhook the sway bar first. I wish it had been the first thing I did to mine. It is night and day difference between the ride now.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Smoothride and sway bar disconnect = plush ride
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:45 pm

I had Racertec springs on my 900 and I wouldn't recommend them. I had coil bind and they rubbed all the threads off the shock bodies. Go to Smooth Ride and let him revalve yours, put some Hyper coils on and unhook that swaybar. You'll be glad you did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.    I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I got an XP 900 and have a few questions.
Page 1 of 1